A little scuffle at camp

DavidSeven

Reaction score
This is why PC/JS emphasized that mental toughness was a new prerequisite for its draft picks and why they went heavy on former team captains. A lot of alpha dogs in this group.

LolaRox

Reaction score
I can't believe Earl called the receivers soft on camera for the world to hear. I know they won't be happy about that.

Now that the video is out there I hope the NFL won't have anything to say about the 'contact'.

Jville

Reaction score
Walters dove to make a catch and landed on his left shoulder. He was immediately in pain. He left the practice field before returning with his shoulder heavily wrapped in ice.

Read more here: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks ... rylink=cpy

This happens every year with receivers and tight ends diving for the football. I remember a year when they lost three competitors over a short stretch of time a couple of years ago. It clearly degraded the competition that year.

Why not address these recurrent events. Why not look into a thin form fitting sheet of reactive armor sewn into the shoulders of practice jerseys?

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Here's some video (check out the sick TD catch by PRich and the insane one-handed INT by Maxwell):

[youtube]df5qKTTpnxE[/youtube]

Jville

Reaction score
Thanks David for the video. It's my preference before settling on a word description. :th2thumbs:

Case in point ...... Byron Maxwell made a nice play on the ball ..... however the ref ruled his second foot came down out of bounds. So the field judgement was that it wasn't an interception. Still a a great play making effort.

So ...... I guess the video, David provided, invites an off season booth review. :D

Was it an interception? Make the booth review call.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I remember that 60 Minutes profile of Pete in 2008. Part of it showed Christian Tupou getting overly chippy and throwing a punch during USC practice. Pete (who was obviously unhappy about it) sat Christian down for a couple of plays then went over and talked to him; you could hear Pete saying, "We don't ever fight."

Competitive fire is good, as long as the guys keep it under control. Pete likely reminded them of that today.

Claden

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3t1ch2p8 said:
Here's some video (check out the sick TD catch by PRich and the insane one-handed INT by Maxwell):

[youtube]df5qKTTpnxE[/youtube]

Nice. I can totally see Marshawn getting a laugh out of that. :snack:

And that Wilson deep ball....goosebumps. *swoon*

volsunghawk

Reaction score
[tokadub]
This is why Sherman wasn't worth the contract we gave him. Should have given that money to Golden Tate, instead. He always had his head on straight and never started anything with anyone.
[/tokadub]

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
Nice body control/wherewithal from Richardson on that catch. Some poise in the interview, as well.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Love it. The intensity, every practice. But I haven't laughed as hard in a long time as I did when I read the post about the difference in regards to the punter and his timely tweet. Freaking Gold.

bluengreen

Reaction score
Holy crap, Wilson to Richardson is looking spectacular already, that was a thing of beauty, gave me goosebumps.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
LOL at Earl Thomas explaining why the "scuffle" happened:

“Those receivers, they’re kind of soft sometimes,” Thomas said. “They see one of their teammates or guys in their same room fall, they start crying. You just kind of shrug it off. You don’t pay attention to guys like that.”

http://www.komonews.com/sports/Richard- ... =video&c=y

Man, these dudes are hungry, and it's only June. Can you say re-Pete?

TwilightError

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1t8tkqm4 said:
“Those receivers, they’re kind of soft sometimes,” Thomas said. “They see one of their teammates or guys in their same room fall, they start crying. You just kind of shrug it off. You don’t pay attention to guys like that.”

I hope there was "tongue in cheek" in this comment, otherwise it looks kind of... Not good. :D

Btw: How can any grown man have a voice like Paul Richardson has?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
TwilightError":3cejuieb said:
hawknation2014":3cejuieb said:

I hope there was "tongue in cheek" in this comment, otherwise it looks kind of... Not good. :D

Btw: How can any grown man have a voice like Paul Richardson has?

Check out the link to the video. Thomas said it completely straight faced. He means business.

Didn't notice anything wrong with Richardson's voice. 22 years old, probably never smoked in his life, and might just have smaller vocal chords. I just hope his play on field is loud. That was a sweet TD catch yesterday from Wilson.