A lot to be Concerned About

Davidess

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":19grllyx said:
My friend thinks its the Thanksgiving dinner then having to fly out all the way to Florida and play in an early game, says players looked sluggish.

I think it didn't help that Britt wasn't at center to help with the line adjustments. How many times did we see free rushers from all over the place. Bucs Dline were getting doubled but yet still broke through the double teams, they were playing for their playoff hopes. Not to mention the Refs let both teams play physical on defense. It's also weird that our receivers were getting undercut by the Bucs DB all day it seemed, like they ran the route even better than our receivers.

It wasn't really an early game. It would be 4 o'clock "body time" for the Hawks as the game started at 1pm TB time. We just got out played by the other team. It happens and it made us look bad. I will need talking off the ledge because we play the Rams, Panthers, and AZ and none of those games look good to me.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":12lb2qsc said:
A lot to be positive about actually all things considered.

ROad game all the way across the country, DECIMATED by injuries, all 3 phases played like complete crap today, Oline was HORRBILE, and yet we lost by only 9 and had the ball three times in the final 8 minutes.
On offense we are not DECIMATED by injuries. We have our number one RB back now for 2 weeks, russ is the healthiest he has been. Have our OL starters back except for Britt. If losing a center means our offense is held to 3 points in 60 minutes of football, we have zero chance of making a run in the playoffs.

Defense was decimated, but we need to score points to win games, and 3 points isn't going to do it. there really was no reason other than poor gameplan and lack of execution that caused our offense to be as poor as it was, and offense is gameplan and execution.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The only thing I was concerned about Sunday was the lack of matching Tampa's physicality and energy. That's not something we've seen from a Pete Caroll team, especially at the end of November.

Pete said the same thing yesterday at his presser, so I'm sure he's going to make sure that doesn't happen again...............cause you can explain away all the other issues due to injuries, lack of preparation, fumbles, mistakes, etc. But you can't explain away getting outmatched physically. That's NOT acceptable on this team.

summesm

Reaction score
johnnyfever":dp7nj8xw said:
Hawk_Nation":dp7nj8xw said:

ROad game all the way across the country, DECIMATED by injuries, all 3 phases played like complete crap today, Oline was HORRBILE, and yet we lost by only 9 and had the ball three times in the final 8 minutes.
On offense we are not DECIMATED by injuries. We have our number one RB back now for 2 weeks, russ is the healthiest he has been. Have our OL starters back except for Britt. If losing a center means our offense is held to 3 points in 60 minutes of football, we have zero chance of making a run in the playoffs.

Defense was decimated, but we need to score points to win games, and 3 points isn't going to do it. there really was no reason other than poor gameplan and lack of execution that caused our offense to be as poor as it was, and offense is gameplan and execution.
exactly this offence is healthiest its been all year except britt . the defence is where our injuries were and they seemed to make adjustments after the first quarter and held them to zero, not like the offence who made no adjustments again or if they did were wrong ones. there is a lot to be concerned about after that showing which is now three horrible showings on offence in 11 games.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Britt and Willson out makes a difference. Plus, Prosise not playing, Pope injures and Rawls looked a little beat up on Sunday.
Plenty of missing pieces on offense.

2_0_6

Reaction score
johnnyfever":26ij575m said:
Hawk_Nation":26ij575m said:

Going into the game missing CJ
Missing your starting center (arguably our best Olineman) and replacing him with a rookie making his first start
Eventually your best blocking TE in Willson

I would say that maybe doesn't qualify for the decimated description for the offense, but its pretty doom and gloom. I think having a new center, then a new RT right after the first series might be some of the reason Ifedi looked like crap. Having two new pieces on either end might have confused him a bit.