Aaron Rodgers: “We were the better team today”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BASF

Reaction score
I like the fact that he believes that the Packers were the better team. It means that in the back of his mind pretty much his entire life he will think that God chose the Seahawks over his Packers. Not once, but twice now. That will give him a complex anytime he plays us for the rest of his career.

warden

Reaction score
In three years Russell Wilson has as many playoff wins as Rodgers with 6. Rodgers has 5 times more losses then Wilson

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Foghawk":1d1mv4m0 said:
Jon Ryan had the same number of TD passes as him today :roll:

You might not have meant that as humor, but I'm dying here! :mrgreen:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
razor150":748kyp4y said:
I can't really argue we were the better team today, but we were definitely the more resilient. What really gets my goat though is that everybody seems to ignore the way the Seahawks were beating themselves in the 1st half. A pass bounces off Kearse's hands for an easy pick, Baldwin fumbles on a kick return and the guy wasn't even trying to strip him., and Wilson making terrible reads. Wilson actually went into half time having thrown more picks then completions, and I have a hard time saying after watching the game thinking that was all because of how awesome the Packers were.

Anybody else notice how terribly Russ plays in rain? That might be a fix he needs to concentrate on.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ovht25j said:
Hasselbeck":3ovht25j said:
If they ultimately lost because of an onside kick and miracle 2-pointer? Yeah I would probably still think the Seahawks were the better team that just didn't get the timely bounces.
Then I feel that your grasp on reality isn't quite as firm as mine. ;)
Ro, I see what you're saying but this is basically the Rams game with everything on the line. That's where packer fans are at right now and I don't blame them. That said, we have the better team, just couldn't tell for the first 55 minutes.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Erin Rodgers will be named MVP soon.
People have told that the Seattle Defense hasn't played any decent QB in their winning streak.
Here are some funny numbers for you:

Playoffs @ Seattle
Erin Rodgers: 56% Cmp, 178 Yd, 1 Td, 2 Int
Cameron Newton: 64% Cmp, 246 Yd, 2 Td, 2 Int

Yea ... Rodgers in the MVP ... and the excuse is, he was playing on ONE leg ... but who really buys it?

NJSeahawk

Reaction score

sutz

Reaction score
I'm completely willing to concede the moral victory to Mr Rodgers. Have a great day in the neighborhood. :)

brimsalabim

Reaction score
For three quarters they were better. This came down to the team with the most guts though.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
Such a BS statement, the Packers played to not lose. A true Champion plays to WIN.
Not going for it on 4th and inches? Running the ball late in the game instead of trying to get 1st downs?
They had us down, and didn't deliver the knockout punch.

Discount Defense Choke

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
My Facebook feed has a Packers fan playing the moral fan card, too. The tears are delicious.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Aros":3ayc1zpo said:
I lost ALL respect for that punk when I watched him walk off the field like a little baby. No handshake to Wilson, just walked off.

I don't care how he is revered in this league. He's a little crybaby when shit doesn't go his way. Rodgers, ya had your chances and you only managed 1 TD pass and had two picks. You were NOT the better team today. You know why?

YOU LOST.

come on man, thats harsh. he looked around and actually started making his way towards the crowd of players. shook a few hands. but that was just a melee over there.

this was an unreal game. imagine being on the other side of it. they will be looking for answers for awhile.

strat1080

Reaction score
daveCFPrez":uklpu4ik said:
IMHO the better team DID win. If RW doesn't have the absolute worst game of his career I don't think its even close.

Packers fan here. This kind of garbage is the stuff that really makes me dislike some Seahawks fans. Are you saying that Green Bay's defense had nothing to do with Russell Wilson playing like that? Like Green Bay didn't completely overwhelm Seattle's OL for 95% of the game. I told you guys going into this game that you would be surprised by Green Bay's defense. They have a very good pass rush. A pass rush that rattled Tom Brady and got to Romo 4 times.

You know Green Bay choked. You guys won this game because a guy on STs didn't do his job. He was supposed to block and allow Jordy Nelson to catch that ball. Nelson would have caught it.

I try to be reasonable and I give Seattle all the credit in the world for fighting and making the big plays late in the game. But deep down inside you know Green Bay knocked the crud out of Seattle for most of the game. All everybody in the nation is talking about this morning is how Green Bay screwed up. Not how good Seattle looked. Sorry, but that is the truth.

sutz

Reaction score
...and we were the 'better' team in SBXL, but Pittsburgh still hasn't sent us our Lombardi.

Enjoy your moral victory. As a Seahawk fan, I've been on the other side of this kind of scenario far too many times to apologize, or 'admit' to anything. Sorry Packs fans, but I plan on enjoying this for a good long time.

strat1080

Reaction score
ZorntoLargent":32yi5tey said:
Such a BS statement, the Packers played to not lose. A true Champion plays to WIN.
Not going for it on 4th and inches? Running the ball late in the game instead of trying to get 1st downs?
They had us down, and didn't deliver the knockout punch.

Discount Defense Choke

Packers fan here. I agree. Green Bay got way too conservative in the 4th quarter. They basically started playing prevent D halfway through the 4th quarter. They started doing a 3 man rush and dropping in coverage which allowed Lynch to rip off some big runs and gave Russell Wilson way too much time in the pocket. They should have kept getting after Wilson with added pressure. I am very upset that they didn't try to move the ball through the air late in that game. Especially with Sherman visually hurting. I'm also upset that we didn't go for it on that first drive when we settled for a FG. Going into this game I really had faith in our pass rush and I think that even if we didn't convert Seattle would have been in trouble with the ball inside the 1 yard line.

I've got to hand it to you guys. Your team has a lot of heart and kept fighting and made the big plays late in the game. I think you guys are going to destroy the Patriots. The AFC is a soft finesse conference that gets all the media hype. I don't think New England has a chance. Green Bay has way more offensive talent and a better pass rush than New England. The Patriots beat up on mediocre teams with scheme trickery. What I've learned about Seattle over the years is that their defense is just flat out good and they don't really care about what the opposing team is doing on offense. I think New England will get exposed in the Super Bowl.

hawk35fan

Reaction score
strat1080":e04wapxm said:
daveCFPrez":e04wapxm said:
IMHO the better team DID win. If RW doesn't have the absolute worst game of his career I don't think its even close.

Packers fan here. This kind of garbage is the stuff that really makes me dislike some Seahawks fans. Are you saying that Green Bay's defense had nothing to do with Russell Wilson playing like that? Like Green Bay didn't completely overwhelm Seattle's OL for 95% of the game. I told you guys going into this game that you would be surprised by Green Bay's defense. They have a very good pass rush. A pass rush that rattled Tom Brady and got to Romo 4 times.

You know Green Bay choked. You guys won this game because a guy on STs didn't do his job. He was supposed to block and allow Jordy Nelson to catch that ball. Nelson would have caught it.

I try to be reasonable and I give Seattle all the credit in the world for fighting and making the big plays late in the game. But deep down inside you know Green Bay knocked the crud out of Seattle for most of the game. All everybody in the nation is talking about this morning is how Green Bay screwed up. Not how good Seattle looked. Sorry, but that is the truth.

Face it your team got figured out and assimilated into the loser collective.

Status
Not open for further replies.