Aaron Rodgers Takes $35M Pay Cut

RiverDog

Reaction score

bileever

Reaction score
This is huge. It sounds like not just a restructuring, but a really big pay cut. It sounds like he's serious about trying to win in New York. He's taking a page out of Brady's playbook, not Russell Wilson's.

Weadoption

Reaction score
smart move from a let’s win standpoint, financially he’s crazy.
Jets need offensive lineman good luck finding one now.

bileever

Reaction score
smart move from a let’s win standpoint, financially he’s crazy.
Jets need offensive lineman good luck finding one now.
Yes, you're right. He could have done this earlier and really helped them out. Now it looks like a $35 million F you to the Packers and their fans.

GemCity

Reaction score
I know folks despise him around here but, I’ve never had a problem with him.

Pretty damn impressive to take that big of a cut…he’s wanting to win.

toffee

Reaction score
I wonder if Russell will follow suit:

Before making his New York Jets debut, Aaron Rodgers has agreed to a pay cut.

The 39-year-old quarterback reportedly restructured his contract to a two-year, $75 million deal, down from $110 million. It includes non-guaranteed additional years for cap purposes.

Unlike Aaron, Russell Wilson has hungry kids to feed, and kids eat a lot.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
If players are starting to give back a large portion of their salaries in order to increase their team's competitiveness, then it shows how overpaid they are relative to the team. IMO it's time for a cap on individual player salaries, like no more than 10% of a team's cap can be given to any one player. I would think that would be something that the player's union would be in favor of as it would increase the pay for the majority of players.

Ozzy

Reaction score
This is huge. It sounds like not just a restructuring, but a really big pay cut. It sounds like he's serious about trying to win in New York. He's taking a page out of Brady's playbook, not Russell Wilson's.
Rogers and Brady didn't take massive paycuts either at Wilsons age. It's wild the lengths Seahawks fans go to trash Wilson. Without him we don't enjoy the best era of Seahawks football. I think people are to quick to forget that. I get rooting for him to never win another game after he left but sometimes this stuff seems odd to me, especially when we say stuff like this knowing that no one else takes massive paycuts at this point of their careers either.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I wonder if Russell will follow suit:

Before making his New York Jets debut, Aaron Rodgers has agreed to a pay cut.

The 39-year-old quarterback reportedly restructured his contract to a two-year, $75 million deal, down from $110 million. It includes non-guaranteed additional years for cap purposes.

Maybe he did another sweat-lodge/hallucinogen party/all dark for the weekend again, and he found god!!!!!

Or maybe he's just a douche.

The latter is more likely. I'm SO GLAD that we don't have to see him other than this. I could care less what the creeeeeep does. Yup the extra "e's" are for extra creepy.

January without his smug ass face against us at Lambeau. Fing PRICELESS. Cya dude. We're smug - free in '23.

Last edited:

49fansinceBrodie

Reaction score
IIRC the Aaron Rogers hate here was concurrent with the now-extinct Russell Wilson love affair. Now that RW is gone, shouldn't the hate subside some?

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
Rogers and Brady didn't take massive paycuts either at Wilsons age. It's wild the lengths Seahawks fans go to trash Wilson. Without him we don't enjoy the best era of Seahawks football. I think people are to quick to forget that. I get rooting for him to never win another game after he left but sometimes this stuff seems odd to me, especially when we say stuff like this knowing that no one else takes massive paycuts at this point of their careers either.
I wasn't being sarcastic when I asked if Russell would follow suit and take a pay cut. I was asking an honest question.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I wasn't being sarcastic when I asked if Russell would follow suit and take a pay cut. I was asking an honest question.
I know I wasn't refering to your post but a later one in the thread. I kind of wish he would to save some face but I doubt he does.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Yeah like 20 years too late what an asshole.
agreed - seems like every season he threatened to hold out or retire to squeeze a few more bucks out of the packers. I'm sure pack Fans are thrilled with his current generosity.