Alex Collins RIP

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I remember thinking after he blew it up in Baltimore that we should get him back and was never quite sure why we let him go in the first place. Was he with a team before he passed?

Jville

Reaction score
****graphic alert ******
Do not read further if you are sensitive to details.
This is public information, and I’m only posting to clarify what happened and squash any speculation.

Riding a high performance crotch rocket in a high density urban environment. Excessive speed overdrives stopping distance and results in sufficient kinetic energy to penetrate a rear door and window and come to a dead stop in a back seat. I've run across these crotch rocket stories on public streets over and over again. It's sad.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sad news indeed. I always liked Alex and thought he was underrated. RIP.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Nobody thinks it will happen to them riding a motorcycle. the percentages say it will. Not necessarily death, but the disabilities, lifelong pain, trauma etc. hit a LARGE number of people. My aunt in her early twenties was a passenger on a motorcycle in a wreck. 50 years of pain and a shredded knee would ensue.

This even includes ATVs, Rick Rizzs, Malik McDowell....

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Sad news

Where I live, I hear about people dying on motorcycles at least once a month. When I'm out and about I often see young people going 10+ over the speed limit on their motorcycles, weaving through traffic. It's like some people just want to die?

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I always liked him as a player. At his best, a solid back up, at his not so best, a good back to have on your depth chart. RIP Alex. Anyone who made something of a career in the NFL was an exceptional athlete throughout most of their lives.

The 2017 Ravens found Collins to be more than just a solid backup. He was their best running back, and not by a little.

In 2017, Collins ended up ninth in the NFL in yards per rush, and 11th in total rushing yards. He was third among NFL running backs in DVOA (a measure of per-snap productivity) and sixth among running backs in rushing DYAR (a measure of total value accumulated).

He was pretty bad in the passing game that season, and his rushing performance that season sticks out as different from the rest of his time in the NFL, but at his best he was more than just a backup.

Boohman14

Reaction score
Sad news

Where I live, I hear about people dying on motorcycles at least once a month. When I'm out and about I often see young people going 10+ over the speed limit on their motorcycles, weaving through traffic. It's like some people just want to die?
I don't have the numbers but in most cases, motorcycle accidents are caused by drivers of other cars not seeing them. Usually the car is at fault. I lost a number of friends over the years to motorcycle accidents including my nephew. My wife drew the line at me owning a motorcycle due to the number of funerals we've attended.
But I've seen the idiots that weave through traffic and drive between cars at traffic jams and wonder why they're risking taking such a risk. Recently I've been seeing these E-Bikes riding around doing stupid maneuvers in traffic.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I remember thinking after he blew it up in Baltimore that we should get him back and was never quite sure why we let him go in the first place. Was he with a team before he passed?
He played for the Ravens after us, then went to the Memphis showboats of the usfl. He wasn’t with a current nfl team when he died.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Oh no! He was by all accounts a good man. Too young. RIP.
Nice post .

Normally when young people die tragically, folks come out of the woodwork saying
Ridiculously over the top compliments about how fantastic the person was/is.
The fact is that as humans , we are somewhere in between.
He was an above average RB coming out of SEC (Arkansas I think.) I was hoping
he would emerge as the man because I have fandom for the Razorbacks. Long story...

I feel for his family and friends , pray that he was right with God.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Sad news

Man, the stories I hear from my big rig driving husband are insane. Motorcycles and high speed highway driving are a recipe for disaster.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Sad news

10 over is nothing Brother.

Here in Houston and I’m sure many other places there is a HUGE Super Bike culture/community.

On one of the “loops” around Houston it’s not uncommon to see them racing at speeds above 150mph. Speeds approaching 200 mph is certainly within the realm of possibility on these bikes.

The bike AC was riding was certainly no POS even though it was a 600cc. Very fast.

At this point however we don’t even know, and should not speculate what speed he may have been traveling.

All we know is a large SUV turned in front of him and he hit that vehicle.
The report speaks for itself.

I’ve seen this type of collision first hand too many times, even at 30-45 MPH the sudden impact can be devastating/life ending.

Once again, PLEASE folks if you ride use every piece of safety equipment available. Helmet being the most important.
Might not be the “cool” thing but imagine your family and loved ones seeing your corpse with your cranium split wide open.
Human brain matter can’t be unseen, trust me.

Last edited:

balakoth

Reaction score
Whoa, motorcycle crash??

Man, that’s so sad.

Rest in Peace.

28 years old.

Motorcycles man. Very dangerous means of transportation.

My former neighbor passed from a motorcycle crash.

Godspeed.
esp when SUVs cut in front of you on the outside lane

balakoth

Reaction score
Man, the stories I hear from my big rig driving husband are insane. Motorcycles and high speed highway driving are a recipe for disaster.
didnt think it was high speed highway? maybe it was, if so, then the driver who killed him should be charged

hawkpride

Reaction score
Last year my wife's twin cousin was heading to his father's grave site to place a reef on the anniversary of his father's passing, a SUV who was in the inside lane turned left in front of him at a light, causing her cousin to impact the rear of the SUV. This was at a light and at no more than 10 mph at time of impact. It still caused him to fly over the top the SUV, and in doing so caused his helmet to come off, he impacted the pavement with his unprotected head.
The family took him off life support 3 days later as there was no sign of brain activity.
Point being even at a very slow speed an impact can be deadly, let alone the high speeds of the crotch rockets....