Analyzing Seattle's 53-man roster (ESPN's take)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Good news in that according to the article Cliff Avril is close to returning. I still think we see him on the field week 1 even though there's been a lot of pessimism about him.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
JSeahawks":8xgl8b5o said:
Good news in that according to the article Cliff Avril is close to returning. I still think we see him on the field week 1 even though there's been a lot of pessimism about him.

The problem is he has missed way too much practice time. I highly doubt he is effective.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1zxu2gyg said:
JSeahawks":1zxu2gyg said:

The problem is he has missed way too much practice time. I highly doubt he is effective.

Eh, he's a veteran who's been doing this for a long time. Practice time is overrated, imo, as long as he knows his assignments.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1lxw35cw said:
JSeahawks":1lxw35cw said:

Are you serious? We just want him to get to the QB and he has a ridiculous first step.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1pxvkkek said:
FlyingGreg":1pxvkkek said:
JSeahawks":1pxvkkek said:

Are you serious? We just want him to get to the QB and he has a ridiculous first step.

We'll see. He spent a lot of time on the sidelines. It might take him a few live snaps to break off the rust, perhaps. I know, crazy thought. :snack:

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1jdt0p4h said:
JSeahawks":1jdt0p4h said:

I guess Sidney Rice will be ineffective too.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3bh29g2e said:
FlyingGreg":3bh29g2e said:
JSeahawks":3bh29g2e said:

Rice has been running full speed the last several weeks. Big difference.

Now watch Avril get 3 sacks.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":cyhftmjg said:
Tech Worlds":cyhftmjg said:
FlyingGreg":cyhftmjg said:
JSeahawks said:

Yes but no game snaps so he will be rusty

kearly

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":1o5pvnhh said:

FWIW, I'm tempering expectations on Avril for week 1 too. So now it's official. He'll sack Cam Newton 3 times. Guaranteed.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
i-d-buy-that-for-a-dollar-o.gif

olyfan63

Reaction score
"Carpenter gives the Seahawks some options at guard. He could move to the starting spot at left guard and have McQuistan move to right guard in place of Sweezy. "

I take it the above line from the ESPN article is ignorant national media hogwash, about McQuistan replacing Sweezy. Am I correct?
From reading Kearly's Random Thoughts and DVR reviews, I understand that Sweezy is a Beast-from-the-East in the run-blocking game, absolutely dominant at times, and only getting better. Besides, if Seahawks coaches felt McQuistan was a better talent and should "replace" Sweezy at RG, wouldn't we have seen him that play out in preseason?

kearly

Reaction score
olyfan63":21c7lesf said:
"Carpenter gives the Seahawks some options at guard. He could move to the starting spot at left guard and have McQuistan move to right guard in place of Sweezy. "
I take it the above line from the ESPN article is ignorant national media hogwash, about McQuistan replacing Sweezy. Am I correct?
From reading Kearly's Random Thoughts and DVR reviews, I understand that Sweezy is a Beast-from-the-East in the run-blocking game, absolutely dominant at times, and only getting better. Besides, if Seahawks coaches felt McQuistan was a better talent and should "replace" Sweezy at RG, wouldn't we have seen him that play out in preseason?

FWIW, when Carpenter replaced McQuistan for series during last season, McQuistan did not kick over to replace Moffitt/Sweezy.

A

Anonymous

JSeahawks":3iydz6ik said:
FlyingGreg":3iydz6ik said:
JSeahawks":3iydz6ik said:

Eh, he's a veteran who's been doing this for a long time. Practice time is overrated, imo, as long as he knows his assignments.

I feel that "practice?" .gif coming on...

Latest posts