Andrew Luck

blazen2392

Reaction score
The level of homerism in this thread is boderline absurd. Andrew Luck is one of the best young quaterbacks in the league. Having a historic defense, DOES give you a huge advantage as a quaterback. It says a lot when a quaterback can take a team full of holes to an AFC championship. To say a young quaterback with a team full of holes that threw 40 TDs in the regular season, AND took his team to an AFC championship is a choker is just downright ignorant. His team is significantly worse than the patriots. That is just a fact. Give him a decent run game, and a decent defense and if his play doesn't improve, then we can have this discussion. Till it has been proven otherwise, he is an exceptionally gifted quaterback.

Osprey

Reaction score
blazen2392":3md2pved said:
The level of homerism in this thread is boderline absurd. Andrew Luck is one of the best young quaterbacks in the league. Having a historic defense, DOES give you a huge advantage as a quaterback. It says a lot when a quaterback can take a team full of holes to an AFC championship. To say a young quaterback with a team full of holes that threw 40 TDs in the regular season, AND took his team to an AFC championship is a choker is just downright ignorant. His team is significantly worse than the patriots. That is just a fact. Give him a decent run game, and a decent defense and if his play doesn't improve, then we can have this discussion. Till it has been proven otherwise, he is an exceptionally gifted quaterback.

Excellent job of following the script laid out by HuskyLawyer :th2thumbs:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
:roll:

Look at his career stats against teams with winning records, then compare the same to Wilson. Forget how many of those games he has won, just look at how he does against quality opposition. He's not in Wilson's class. Throwing four TDs against Jacksonville, five TDs against Washington, etc. looks good on his overall stat sheet and helps him have impressive number accumulation each year, but Wilson's QUITE A BIT better overall against QUALITY OPPONENTS.

Don't let this fact get in the way of licking Andrew Luck's neck beard, however.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2i2jc7rt said:
:roll:

Look at his career stats against teams with winning records, then compare the same to Wilson. Forget how many of those games he has won, just look at how he does against quality opposition. He's not in Wilson's class. Throwing four TDs against Jacksonville, five TDs against Washington, etc. looks good on his overall stat sheet and helps him have impressive number accumulation each year, but Wilson's QUITE A BIT better overall against QUALITY OPPONENTS.

Don't let this fact get in the way of licking Andrew Luck's neck beard, however.

Yep..just like I said

Luck
vs NFC WEST last year
82 /141 58.2% 904yards 6.41avg 4TD 4INT 7sacks 74.9 QB rating

If you take out the Seahawks D and just use the teams Wilson faces 6 times a year

66/112 58.9% 675yards, 6.02Y/A, 2TD 4INT 5sacks 67.37 QB rating

Those are some high quality numbers there. I love how the media and other fans will pile on Wilson when he doesnt have the best games against the NFC West even though hes been pretty good.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
huskylawyer":35ykb1za said:
I think Luck is a great QB and will have a long, successful career.

I'm more annoyed with the media though when it comes to Luck. Basically, the approved media "narrative" is this:

1) Luck is an elite QB and this generation's best QB. When the Cols win, it is because Luck and his amazing skills, leadership, play from the pocket and presence. When they lose, it's because "he needs more talent around him, the defense isn't very good, he needs a running game, not his fault" blah blah blah

2) Wilson is fortunate to be on the Seahawks. He's a game manager. The Hawks win solely because of defense and Lynch. He's so lucky to have Lynch. See, I told you so, RW had a bad game so it proves he's not good.

It's not just the media that thinks that about Luck. It's the general belief across NFL coaches and players as well.

In my experience some Seahawks fans are a little atypical in that in their minds there are a finite and limited number of compliments for QBs that exists in the world, and they think that giving luck credit or complimenting his ability somehow diminishes Russel Wilson in some way.

This is, in my opinion, completely unture, and in my experience nobody else really cares.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Popeye, listen to Pete Prisco who said yestarday that if you swapped Woilson and Luck the Seahawks would win even more games and the Colts would be a 7-8 win team.

Listen to John Clayton who said if the Seahawks had Andrew Luck we wouldn't have lost a game over the last two years.

We aer not creating strawman complants. It gets real difficult listening and reading how amazing Luck is and how he has done so much with so little (even though his GM won exec of the year the year he drafted Luck supposedly for the support he put around him),

RichNhansom

Reaction score
RichNhansom":1w6synft said:
Popeye, listen to Pete Prisco who said yestarday that if you swapped Woilson and Luck the Seahawks would win even more games and the Colts would be a 7-8 win team.

Listen to John Clayton who said if the Seahawks had Andrew Luck we wouldn't have lost a game over the last two years.

We aer not creating strawman complants. It gets real difficult listening and reading how amazing Luck is and how he has done so much with so little (even though his GM won exec of the year the year he drafted Luck supposedly for the support he put around him),

Back were I left off.

Luck has been dubbed the messaih and seemingly can do no wrong. The worse he plays the more excuses the media makes and the more blame his team mates get. You couldn't pay me to be on that team. No mtter what you accomplish you will still be blamed for Lucks bad decisions. If I'm Hilton I can't wait to go somewhere else to show off my ability as well as see how Luck does without me.

Andrew is playing with some very good talent at WR including a sure fire first ballot HOFer and an O-line that is designed for pass blocking. Contrast that to Wilson who is throwing to 4 UDFA recievers, 1 UDFA TE and one 5th round 2nd year TE and behind an O-line that speacializes in run blocking.

You never here any of that though. All you here is Wilson benefits froma dominant D and Run game. Yes he does but that doesn't paint the whole picture.

Wilson also plays in the NFC west where Luck is playing against the Jag's, Redskins and Titans. He gets essnetially six wins and 6 bye weeks in comparison.

IMO Wilson deserves more credit than he is getting compared to Luck and truth be told Luck really needs to be heald more accountable for his poor performances.

BASF

Reaction score
blazen2392":e77uiv9c said:

I wonder where all this decent defense stuff comes from. The Colts defensive DVOA ranking is 13th. Did you know their offense is only ranked 17th in DVOA? So, they have a slightly better than league average defense and an average offense. Luck has high draft picks in his skill position players and can only drive them to an average place in the league. So, he already has a decent defense, and as far as run game, maybe if they actually committed to running more they would do better. This is a team that when up by three scores are still throwing the ball more than they are running.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
I get tired of it as well, all that has said is spot on.... luck wins hes jesus himself... he plays like he did against the pats.. he has no help.. its all him... it can not be both ways... he forces way to many throws. He has a superior pass blocking line and weapons in comparison. He also plays much weaker Ds/teams during conference play. People always talk like he magically took that 2-14 team and made them great. The team he started with was not that team. They had like 50 roster moves that year.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
blazen2392":2rvhv4yj said:
I agree if he has what RW has then compare the two QUARTERBACKS..I can't see us beating GB if Luck is our qb and has a 4 pick game also..

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
But I thought Russell Wilson was above 4 interception playoff games or costing his team a playoff win with a horrid interception?

My guess is that it's not quite as easy when the other team puts up points.

Wilson wins because of the team around him. Luck wins in spite of the team around him.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Smellyman":1wfjd8g1 said:
Throwdown":1wfjd8g1 said:
Colts are a 2-3 win team without him...

Playing with no quarterback then they are 2-3 win team, but if they decided to play with a qb then they would be ok with Matt Hasselbeck.

So maybe 4? Hasselbeck sucks now.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Luck is as over rated as Wilson is under rated. Take Lucks divisional forfeits and he is a 500 qb. If he plays any other team than Cincy without AJ or Greshem, Denver with Peyton on life support he is one and done in the playoffs. Maybe better than AZ at playoff time but would have been killed by Carolina.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Luck is a very good QB, with a very high ceiling. He's only in his third year and still needs a bit of growth to be truly considered top echelon of the league. It's just too early to put these young QBs in the same category of vets who have performed at a high level for so many years. Unfortunately, the media just loves story lines and will prop up anyone to justify them.