Another Solid Win and other Quick Hits

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
hawkfan68":wrpb7426 said:
hawkfan68":wrpb7426 said:
Great post Aros. While the snap may not have been the problem, the Eagles player who blocked the extra point attempt came up the middle....that is Frese's assignment. Frese has got to go. These blocks are happening too frequently these days. He's the problem. They didn't have this issue the past few years.

I was wrong on this one. It looks like the guy who blocked the EP attempt was being blocked or not by Glowinski.
58329f3228a02.image.jpg

With that said, something the Seahawks need to correct as this is happening on a regular basis the past few weeks.
Or else Reese missed his man, putting two onto Glow. edit, damn that's a good photo, thanks for posting it

Seanhawk

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":27czzfgd said:
hawkfan68":27czzfgd said:
hawkfan68":27czzfgd said:
Great post Aros. While the snap may not have been the problem, the Eagles player who blocked the extra point attempt came up the middle....that is Frese's assignment. Frese has got to go. These blocks are happening too frequently these days. He's the problem. They didn't have this issue the past few years.

I was wrong on this one. It looks like the guy who blocked the EP attempt was being blocked or not by Glowinski.
58329f3228a02.image.jpg

With that said, something the Seahawks need to correct as this is happening on a regular basis the past few weeks.
Or else Reese missed his man, putting two onto Glow. edit, damn that's a good photo, thanks for posting it

Or look how low Hausch kicked it. Glowinski is not too far from blocking it with the back of his helmet. That's what Pete mentioned on 710 this morning.

Tinymac2

Reaction score
It sure looks like a low, slow, dirty kick. We call those growlers in the biz.

BadgerVid

Reaction score
hawker84":1iha00p7 said:
Nice post Aros, great game to watch, a little tough at the end with typical "play not to lose style" we always seem to go to and always seem to let them drive right down the field doing it...

This really frosts me. I just can't understand it. I'm no pro, but one of the first things I learned in schoolboy football 50+ years was that "the best way to protect a lead is to make it bigger"...simple football 101 then. It just makes me crazy when the 'Hawks go into protect mode and give up the long drives. The problem is that it keeps the D on the field (and the O off) too long and it just takes a couple of big plays by the opponent and suddenly it is a photo finish with a tired defense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BadgerVid":26aqdwjh said:
hawker84":26aqdwjh said:
Nice post Aros, great game to watch, a little tough at the end with typical "play not to lose style" we always seem to go to and always seem to let them drive right down the field doing it...

This really frosts me. I just can't understand it. I'm no pro, but one of the first things I learned in schoolboy football 50+ years was that "the best way to protect a lead is to make it bigger"...simple football 101 then. It just makes me crazy when the 'Hawks go into protect mode and give up the long drives. The problem is that it keeps the D on the field (and the O off) too long and it just takes a couple of big plays by the opponent and suddenly it is a photo finish with a tired defense.

Aren't you guys being a little harsh?

I mean it was a war of attrition, Pete was just trying to manage the game so no more players got hurt. Boykin was in a RB, that's all you needed to know how bad it got in the 4th quarter.

No way in hell Pete was going to expose any more players to injury by trying to run up the score. He had the game under control. This is the NFL, style points don't matter.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Aros":1xf7mndc said:
Players on both sides were dropping like flies today. Injuries are really prominent this season for most teams, it seems to me more than usual. And what the hell is going on with the kickers this year? 11 missed extra points today...

...Only 8 ALL YEAR last season!

I don't think this is correct.

While the dirty dozen represented a high point of failure, it's just part of a two-year trend. After all, there were two days with eight missed extra points last year. The odds of teams missing 12 out of 59 attempts is exceptionally unlikely, even with the reduced rate of success kickers have had this season, but it was only a matter of time before the old record fell.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2016/week-11-quick-reads