"Anybody can get sacks playing with Justin Smith"

RichNhansom

Reaction score
heyu123":1ka3ugbr said:
RichNhansom":1ka3ugbr said:
I'd take Clemons, Irvin, Avril and Bennett before Aldon if they were all available. The guy is a mental midget and should be in prison. Why do you even care about him so much. All the guy has done is made the rest of your team look like criminals and drunk thugs. Seriously remove him from your equation and nobody is even talking about all the other crap your team gets into. He has contributed 2 of your 5 current DUI's and the Rape accusations against Cox and Crabtree as well as the drunken bottle beatings Brooks handed out would largely go unnoticed but this moron is single handedly keeping your entire team in the spot light.

He's making you look bad and your propping him up on a pedestal. What does that say about you?

OK, well your opinion is obviously clouded as you are one of the main culprits of spitting out the "Justin Smith made Aldon Smith" nonsense. You're just too stubborn to admit you're wrong.

Instead you'd rather deflect to issues that have nothing to do with the OP. Typical tactic.

How am I wrong? I never said Aldon was a scrub or anything close to that. I do believe Smith is a major factor in his sack production and the only evidence we have is last year when Aldon was on the field while Justin was off or injured. In that 4 or more game stretch he recorded zero sacks. Now your trying to say that because Lemon sucks that Aldon is great? That's going full retard right there.

If you want to provide an example of Aldon being productive without Justin I will happily review it but just because another one of your draft picks is a bust doesn't make Aldon any better.

OP
OP
H

heyu123

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":dzuymr0b said:
heyu123":dzuymr0b said:
Smelly McUgly":dzuymr0b said:
I'm not really trolling you now. That first post, sure.

But you're just too much of a homer/Seahawk-hater to understand how badly you overrate Aldon Smith. There is no way anyone with brains would trade Bennett for Smith. I think Smith could be a very good LEO, though, so I'll give you that. I would take Smith over Clem right now, but only because of age issues.

OK, you said Bennett is better than Smith at everything. Aldon smith had as many sacks last year as Bennett has had in his entire career. Granted, they are different positions but explain how bennett is a better pass rusher than Smith?

That is what this thread is about, pass rushing. Bennett can't come close to Aldon Smith.

Hmm this a lot closer than you think. I don't know what it's worth to you, but if someone could pull up the PFF/FO rankings for DE's, Bennett is in the top 3. On a talent standpoint, Aldon definitely has more than Irvin, Avril, and probably Clemons though.

I would like to see the numbers for comparison since Aldon came into the NFL vs Bennett in the same time frame.

Or hell, Aldon vs clemons, Avril and Irvin as well.

drdiags

Reaction score
I wouldn't get that bent about what a division rival's fans has to say about my team on their board. It's when they come to my team's board and try to denigrate my guys is where I would get bent out of shape. Otherwise take it with a grain of salt.

You really have to go to an NFL forum where no one team's fans are hosting it. Then you may get more neutral comments on your favorite player. Who cares what Seahawks fans think of your players? Unless you find some of them having an insight that you like to discuss. But if that was the case you wouldn't have called them all out as idiots, so that doesn't seem to be the case.

OP
OP
H

heyu123

Reaction score
RichNhansom":36spw8b0 said:
heyu123":36spw8b0 said:
RichNhansom":36spw8b0 said:
I'd take Clemons, Irvin, Avril and Bennett before Aldon if they were all available. The guy is a mental midget and should be in prison. Why do you even care about him so much. All the guy has done is made the rest of your team look like criminals and drunk thugs. Seriously remove him from your equation and nobody is even talking about all the other crap your team gets into. He has contributed 2 of your 5 current DUI's and the Rape accusations against Cox and Crabtree as well as the drunken bottle beatings Brooks handed out would largely go unnoticed but this moron is single handedly keeping your entire team in the spot light.

He's making you look bad and your propping him up on a pedestal. What does that say about you?

OK, well your opinion is obviously clouded as you are one of the main culprits of spitting out the "Justin Smith made Aldon Smith" nonsense. You're just too stubborn to admit you're wrong.

Instead you'd rather deflect to issues that have nothing to do with the OP. Typical tactic.

How am I wrong? I never said Aldon was a scrub or anything close to that. I do believe Smith is a major factor in his sack production and the only evidence we have is last year when Aldon was on the field while Justin was off or injured. In that 4 or more game stretch he recorded zero sacks. Now your trying to say that because Lemon sucks that Aldon is great? That's going full retard right there.

If you want to provide an example of Aldon being productive without Justin I will happily review it but just because another one of your draft picks is a bust doesn't make Aldon any better.

Your evidence is meaningless for two reasons. One, the sample size is comically small. Two, Aldon smith had a bum shoulder. which is important for a pass rusher, don't you think?

Lemonier is NOT a bust, however by your logic he should be putting up great numbers next to Justin Smith right since it's sooooo easy...?

and you still haven't explained why nobody pre-Aldon put up any numbers of significance playing next to Justin smith in 2008, 2009, 2010 etc. Why do you continue to ignore that point?

OrFan

Reaction score
Hey, u. Perhaps the most important thing I can say here is that nobody here gives a crap about Aldon Smith. The dude drank himself into a drunk center. He is still facing legal problems for that, and weapons charges when he gets out. After that is over, he still faces league suspensions as a repeat offender. He may be back for a few games before this catches up with him, but after that everyone will forget about his worthless ass as he will no longer be around the game.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
For the same reason I ignore you, your not worth my time.

Why do you ignore all the criminal activity on your roster?

OP
OP
H

heyu123

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2d86ec9k said:

There's criminal activity on every roster, Seattle included.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
heyu123":zhjqcwnb said:
RichNhansom":zhjqcwnb said:

Well most teams aren't having players get accused of rape or lead the league in DUI's or have players beating each other over the heads with bottles in a drunken rage. Keep in mind that most of that doesn't even include your by Aldon who can match the rest of your teams stupid actions on his own.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
heyu123":34l1l4a9 said:
Where are all the football geniuses on this board who were making these comments to discredit Aldon Smith last year and earlier this year? About how he was only a product of Justin Smith?

In case you haven't noticed, the last 4 games the 49ers have only had 5 sacks (three if you subtract the previously mentioned Justin Smith). And the pass rush has generally been terrible.

so what gives? I thought anybody could be productive next to Justin Smith? :34853_doh: :34853_doh:

TL;DR.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
heyu123":2l37xq0h said:
In case you haven't noticed, the last 4 games the 49ers have only had 5 sacks (three if you subtract the previously mentioned Justin Smith). And the pass rush has generally been terrible.

so what gives?

Why is a Niners fan bitching about how his team hasn't been getting sacks the last few weeks on a Seahawks forum?

How sad.

Throwdown

Reaction score
heyu123":18xvbcge said:
RichNhansom":18xvbcge said:

One of our criminals robbed other criminals, so hes kind of like super man.

Laloosh

Reaction score
heyu123":283wsnv9 said:
Where are all the football geniuses on this board who were making these comments to discredit Aldon Smith last year and earlier this year? About how he was only a product of Justin Smith?

so what gives? I thought anybody could be productive next to Justin Smith? :34853_doh: :34853_doh:

[youtube]tfWrTAvNBk8[/youtube]

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Smith is good no doubt...lets see how good he is after he serves his weapons bit in the slammer...probably a year suspension too. If players can't keep their life together off the field they are a liability for the team they are on no matter how good they are. Too bad guys like him, Blackmon, and Burress to name a couple throw their careers in the toilet over the stupidest shit.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Cyrus12":uolqcf3e said:
Smith is good no doubt...lets see how good he is after he serves his weapons bit in the slammer...probably a year suspension too. If players can't keep their life together off the field they are a liability for the team they are on no matter how good they are. Too bad guys like him, Blackmon, and Burress to name a couple throw their careers in the toilet over the stupidest shit.

Not going to get into the arguement about the original post, only reply to this comment. Smith is a talented player but like so many before him talent isn't always enough. We all have demons to overcome, I myself have had my own bout with addiction and I am sure some you have been down that road as well. Terrell Owens is a good example of wasted talent, the demon he could not overcome was himself and his attitude.

As far as the charges, the weapons charge is weak at best, if it was stronger it wouldn't have taken so long for the DA to file, most likely it will end in either dismissed or reduced charges. In that case the league will probably do as they have stated about his DUI and the weapons charges. They will most likely take into consideration the "time served" meaning the time he has been away from the game while he was in rehab of his own accord. By the time the trials happen, if there are any, they will most likely be after this season is over so any suspension will most likely be next season.

This is the cross roads for Aldon Smith, he either grows up and learns from this experience or he becomes just another "could have been" a hall of famer.

As far as the two Smith together, I think they simply compliment each other, like so many other great NFL duo's.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":kda6cwqm said:
71-16 with your boy Aldon playing.

So, who cares.

/thread

37-0 With every player you have ever had, and still no rings. Numbers don't mean shit. And what's even more sad than your season record, is the fact that wins against the 49ers seems to mean more to you than getting a championship.

But your right, "who cares".

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2crazrbu said:
It's obvious Aldon has serious talent, but at the same time, Justin Smith also helps elevate his ability to another level. When Justin was out, you could kinda see that it was affecting Aldon, and it might just be a small sample size, but it was in the play and the stat sheet.

To be fair, Corey Lemonier who has since replaced Aldon has been a pleasant surprise for Niner fans. If that's a product of Justin though is remain to be seen lol.

Aldon Smith was also hurt during that stretch last year. He had surgery for a torn labrum in the off season if I'm not mistaken.

In any case, guess who the 49ers sack leader (still) is? Aldon Smith, with 4.5 in 3 games (which would have averaged to over 20 by the end of the year if he kept up the pace). He's hugely important to the team, which is why the pending suspension is such a big deal.

kearly

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":38bktnam said:
FlyingGreg":38bktnam said:
71-16 with your boy Aldon playing.

So, who cares.

/thread

37-0 With every player you have ever had, and still no rings. Numbers don't mean shit. And what's even more sad than your season record, is the fact that wins against the 49ers seems to mean more to you than getting a championship.

But your right, "who cares".

71-16 feels a tad more relevant right now. Every Seahawks fan hopes and prays that ten years from now that 49ers fans will still be clinging to "5 rings" while their team is earning 12 win wild card spots every year.

Latest posts