Anybody catch Michael Irvin's comments on seahawks

Seeker

Reaction score
"Go ahead and keep making them the bad guys, all your doing is motivating Seattle"

"The media wants "PERFECT" Peyton to win"

"Your just going to make Seattle mad, they see how you are treating them in this coverage and it's going to backfire"

sounds like he sees what we do. when did we convert this guy?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Saw it and what I heard was him telling the media types that all they were doing was adding gasoline to it and fueling the fire (he was even holding his hand out and imitating as if he were fueling up his vehicle.

It's exactly what we Seahawks fans know to be true. The more they talk down about the Seahawks for any reason, the more this team becomes motivated.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
I don't know if its about converting him. He has always said good things about the Seahawks when it was due, and also bad things to say about us when we were bad or played poorly.

titan3131

Reaction score
before the championship game he did a 1 on 1 with russell. Its like a 10 minute bit very high quality.

He finished it and spoke with multiple media outlets saying

"I know what a man is capable of when I look in his eyes. And russell wilson when i look at him I dont see a Super bowl. I SEE MULTIPLESUPER BWLS. This man will, he has the drive the ethics and is the best young leader n the NFL."

something real close to that.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
In the past two years Irvin and Sanders - two of the mouthiest but respected former players - have converted into being Seahawks fans. For Sanders it's "First name Russell...Last name Wilson..." For Irvin, he was converted sometime last season when he said something about not picking against the Seahawks anymore. After eating too much crow he basically became an advocate. Funny how two guys I couldn't stand I now like because they are fans. :D

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
He gave a great interview with Wyman, Mike and Moore last week, talking about how he became big on the hawks after visiting the VMAC earlier in the year. He was so impressed with the way the coaching staff handled the players, treating them like men. He thought that guys were being put in a position to succeed with the team and he loved it.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Yeah he's been pretty supportive of the team all year. Just because he picks against us here and there doesn't make him a hater or anything. Not saying that's what you're saying, just in general, the board seems to think that way

nsport

Reaction score
I "heart" Michael Irvin.

All kidding aside - he is a great analyst and says it how it is. He straddles the line of analyst, player advocate, fan advocate, and former player. Really good stuff he talks about overall! I especially liked how he went to bat for Golden Tate in the pregame show last week.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3g8mxihe said:
Yeah he's been pretty supportive of the team all year. Just because he picks against us here and there doesn't make him a hater or anything. Not saying that's what you're saying, just in general, the board seems to think that way
I just went back through all of the NFL Network expert picks for every game played thus far this year... and Michael Irvin has picked the Hawks to win every week.

And even Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk picked Seattle to beat SF last week.

Miracles never cease, do they.

themunn

Reaction score
Seeker":2v8g5vgj said:
sounds like he sees what we do. when did we convert this guy?

around the time we either lost to the Dolphins or beat the Bears - he predicted we would lose out the season (or only win 1), then we scored 50 in back to back games and he was on the bandwagon and never got off.

Said something along the lines that he had been told to play up the "Seahawks are pretenders" stance, but eventually couldn't keep it up and went in the total opposite direction

-The Glove-

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1o8yws6k said:
-The Glove-":1o8yws6k said:
I just went back through all of the NFL Network expert picks for every game played thus far this year... and Michael Irvin has picked the Hawks to win every week.

And even Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk picked Seattle to beat SF last week.

Miracles never cease, do they.

Has he? I usually don't see them. I just remember somebody here making a fuss about Irvin hating the seahawks

The Radish

Reaction score
Hey Todd, it was Jimmy Johnson who said he wasn't picking against Seattle again this season, and he didn't. Even after the loss to Zona he said no way was he picking against them.

Irvin hated us during the 05 run but has come around the last couple of years. Then if you mentioned Seahawks he'd say, "don't talk me no Seahawks!).

Lot of former players are coming around.

I did almost puke at how Dilfer raved about the way they stepped up and made the plays to win that game against the ninnirs. The same asshole that has bashed us all season.

:les:

GCrow

Reaction score
He's just speaking from a place of familiarity as he know's what it is like to physically beat down the 49'ers in the NFC Championship.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Irvin picked against Seattle a bunch when their 2012 win streak started. Said they wouldn't go anywhere. I believe after the 42-13 SF game, he had become so tired of eating crow that he comically jumped on the Seahawks bandwagon. Even wore a Seahawks jersey on set. Then he interviewed Russ at VMAC this year, and I think he converted to a true believer after seeing how the operation was run.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
We converted michael irvin around halloween last year.

they were doing a segment on which teams to bury in a 'reaper/graveyard' themed show.

he chose to bury the Seahawks

and has regretted it and been on the bandwagon since. he even on a 12 jersey last season for a show or two.

Rufus

Reaction score
The Radish":302f6pdo said:
I did almost puke at how Dilfer raved about the way they stepped up and made the plays to win that game against the ninnirs. The same asshole that has bashed us all season.

:les:

Dilfer said something last week prior to the NFCCG about how the 9ers would win because they were more balanced overall and the Seahawks lacked talent on offense. I can't remember exactly what he said, but something along the lines of "you can have a team that's really strong on defense and that masks a weakness and lack of talent on offense."

I thought, "Hmm, that sounds like a perfect description of your career in the NFL, Trent."

Nearpost

Reaction score
Laughed when he started pulling faces, mimicking the outrage of all the people who want raw emotion in an interview, and then are shocked when they get it.

ZLDRider

Reaction score
I loved Irvin and Deon's comments in that interview. "Adding gasoline to the fire", I love it!

Latest posts