Anyone see Russell Wilson on Jimmy Kimmel

erik2690

Reaction score
To me it's like saying Marshawn didn't have a big role in "getting us to the NFCCG" because he didn't have a great game in Carolina and Russ was outstanding. It doesn't hold water. He played a huge role in getting us there not because of a huge game in the direct sequence of us getting to the NFCCG, but because over the season he made a big difference and thus was a big role. Maybe I'm explaining it badly, but I just think it's a false way to look at those type of questions.

shawnsim

Reaction score
Lets not forget that Kearse had his hands on two of those picks. Those should have been catches. Hard to blame the quarterback when the balls he throws actually hit your hands.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
erik2690":bd6ktzfu said:
So you are under the impression that 'played a BIG part in helping to get us those trophies' means purely that 1 game where we actually receive the trophy? You have to be in that game to even have a chance. So he could have played like shit for the first 17, but if he had been a beast that game you would credit him with a 'BIG part in helping to get us those trophies'? That logic seems flawed to me. Very flawed honestly. I would argue he did have a big part in getting us there and still agree he played very badly in the GB game. I don't think those are mutually exclusive at all.
Nice strawman.

What I actually meant to get across was that in those NFCCG games, Wilson wasn't particularly good. In particular, his starts have been pretty rubbish, and it's a consistent pattern including those championship games and both Super Bowl appearances.

But you can credit him for those games, I guess, if that's how you see it. Is it valid to credit him for inconsistent-to-poor play in big games while the defense remains consistently excellent? Up to each to figure out on their own, I guess. For me it's a no-brainer - our defense won those championships.

endzorn

Reaction score
No one enjoys being a celebrity more than Russell Wilson.