Anyone still annoyed at the non tripping call?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Yeah there's no blaming cheating, refs, or injuries for this game. This was all came down to Seahawks not executing. Defense gave up the dink & dunk plays that has killed them in the past. Offense couldn't get going most of the first half, not to mention when they did get going it was always huge passes with quick scores, leaving the defense little time to rest. Then of course we all saw the play that could have and should have won the game (or at least the next play after that). I don't care if their goal life defense was out. Marshawn Lynch is Marshawn Lynch. You telling me he can't get 1 yard in 2 tries. Maybe even 3 if you do it quick enough. This one stings because our team lost the game.

cajunhawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":14zh3p78 said:
Yeah there's no blaming cheating, refs, or injuries for this game. This was all came down to Seahawks not executing. Defense gave up the dink & dunk plays that has killed them in the past. Offense couldn't get going most of the first half, not to mention when they did get going it was always huge passes with quick scores, leaving the defense little time to rest. Then of course we all saw the play that could have and should have won the game (or at least the next play after that). I don't care if their goal life defense was out. Marshawn Lynch is Marshawn Lynch. You telling me he can't get 1 yard in 2 tries. Maybe even 3 if you do it quick enough. This one stings because our team lost the game.

Don't forget to add that 3 out of 4 of the LOB were badly banged up and losing Jeremy Lane early left Simon out to carry a load he can't handle. Even with all of that, the bad calls, they still where there at the end in a position to win the game. This one is going to hurt for a while.

Schadie001

Reaction score
I think there is no doubt that even given all the adversity that we had going against us (injured reserve that looks like a roster, 3 injured LOB, Lane going out early, Avril going out, etc) we were still the best team on the field yesterday. As many above have pointed out, we were exactly where you want to be at the end of the game and it just didn't happen. I for one thought it was destiny when Kearse caught that ball, it was over in my mind and we had done it again. Unfortunately, we didn't execute a pretty simple play and the cb made a great play. You can what if this or that all day long, believe me I've done it. I'm at peace though because these guys played their hearts out and just came up short.

The tripping call, the late hit, the no PI call the list goes on....didn't stop us from winning. We just didn't execute and they did.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":378cgk5k said:
getnasty":378cgk5k said:
We lost, cant blame anyone but ourselves.
I have no problem with this. Its just the whole tripping incident is symptomatic of the Pats ethos of cheat first and hope for the best.

Not even that salty it didnt get called. Would just like it to be registered and commented on accordingly as what the Pats stand for.

Soccer... Stick with it

idahawks

Reaction score
How about the 2 intentional groundings that weren't called. The announcers didn't even talk about it. Twice Brady threw the ball on the ground 5 yards in front of him from the pocket and there was no call. Or how about the time the Pats receiver was down and ran 10 more yards and carroll didn't challenge it.

bostonhardo

Reaction score
ManBunts":2mqg4pwm said:
The tripping should've been a PI. Earl's phantom personal foul that gave them a first down instead of a third was insane. I realize a lot of people say these two things don't change the fact that Bevell made a crap call, but if these calls hadn't been made, we wouldn't have been in this situation maybe.

Also, anyone else see how the Pats may have violated concussion protocol by not checking Amendola out when the league doctor called down? And then he scores the go ahead TD?
http://thinkprogress.org/sports/2015/02 ... ayed-game/

It was endlemen . he took a shot from kam on 3 and 14 and manned up like the warrior he is.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
bostonhardo":35nd2p57 said:
UK_Seahawk":35nd2p57 said:
getnasty":35nd2p57 said:
We lost, cant blame anyone but ourselves.
I have no problem with this. Its just the whole tripping incident is symptomatic of the Pats ethos of cheat first and hope for the best.

Not even that salty it didnt get called. Would just like it to be registered and commented on accordingly as what the Pats stand for.

Soccer... Stick with it

easy champ...you got away with one there. no conspiracy, just a missed call

we got away with the roughing call on the punter.

Boycie

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1bvw0k25 said:
Cheats gonna cheat.

Still think this was huge and yet noone is talking about it. Of course Butler will be remembered for other things but to me it completely sums up the Pats and the asterisk next to this win (with all the other cheating they have done).

Calls get missed on both sides of the field. If we had won, we probably don't even think about it. I think the officials called a great game last night.

ManBunts

Reaction score
bostonhardo":2hcrj796 said:
ManBunts":2hcrj796 said:
The tripping should've been a PI. Earl's phantom personal foul that gave them a first down instead of a third was insane. I realize a lot of people say these two things don't change the fact that Bevell made a crap call, but if these calls hadn't been made, we wouldn't have been in this situation maybe.

Also, anyone else see how the Pats may have violated concussion protocol by not checking Amendola out when the league doctor called down? And then he scores the go ahead TD?

It was endlemen . he took a shot from kam on 3 and 14 and manned up like the warrior he is.

My bad, you're right. And I agree, dude is tough. But rules is rules. Avril got yanked because of them in the 4th which no doubt hurt us. Edelman should've had to sit as well

bostonhardo

Reaction score
ManBunts":wv0tgorl said:
bostonhardo":wv0tgorl said:
ManBunts":wv0tgorl said:

My bad, you're right. And I agree, dude is tough. But rules is rules. Avril got yanked because of them in the 4th which no doubt hurt us. Edelman should've had to sit as well

Could be. Honestly I don't know what is the exact protocol. Could be because there was no injury timeout and he didn't go to the sidelines.

I thought it was the biggest play of the game

Laloosh

Reaction score
Was pissed about the no-call but we had our chance to win the game. No sour grapes here. Pats played a great game, as did we. Came up short, Bevell is a tool and here we are.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Not me. As things turned out we still ended up on the one and a half yard line.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
One of the best refereed games I have seen in a long time. Refs pretty much let the game play out. Non calls on both sides.

cajunhawk

Reaction score
Edelman's last touchdown catch. The one that made it 28-24. Collinsworth made a point to say there was no push off...at the exact moment the replay showed him pushing off to gain separation. Collinsworth made sure the world knew Chris Matthews pushed on his touchdown catch.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Austin Hawk":12ocw4gi said:
Officiating had no impact on the outcome of this game.
That's simply untrue and silly to say. Of course it had an impact. Was it the biggest or most important factor? No. But to dismiss it entirely in a game that close? That just doesn't work.

Hawks46

Reaction score
At first I was pissed that they missed something so obvious.

Then, Wilson missed Lynch on the very next play. Lynch was wide open, and Wilson missed him by 5 yards. If Wilson makes that simple pass, that call is a non factor as he would've picked up a 1st down anyways.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Officiating had an impact on this game. But in a wierd way. Both teams did not know how the game was going to be called. So they tried to not mess up more than worry about getting caught. Except for the ADB bonehead penalty, most of the plays not called cancel each other out. I think that for the most part, the fans got what they wanted in a game. One not designated by the refs in most respects. Let them duke it out and the one left standing wins. Go Hawks.

P.S. I have not watched the replay that I have recorded. I was thinking about going to the halftime show and watch that garbage first to soften the blow of the game. he he he

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
i would have to see it again but that non call when he blatantly tripped the WR was horrendous...It appeared if he didnt get tripped it may have been a TD as he looked to be past alot of the D...if it wasnt a TD it was going to be a huge play

Having said that the game was decided because whoever called the pass is a moron