Are the Seahawks a Run First Team?

AubHawk71

Reaction score
That's what the coach would have you believe. Sure, coaches have big plans and often will say things not to tip their hand. But looking at the stats so far this season, I don't think the "running game" has been dominant. For all the Geno questioners, note that most of the positive stats come from passing plays. (turnovers are another story however)

https://www.nfl.com/teams/seattle-seahawks/stats

Other notables:

Third down conversions are simply not sustainable in the NFL. 1/3 for the Hawks, half of the time for opponents? Is this to establish field position so they can establish the running game? If anyone can explain how that works, I would appreciate it. The rest of the stats look on par for the NFL, tho again averaging less than 100 yards of rushing per game hardly means establishing the run to spread the defense for pass plays or blah blah blah. It's a big enough sample size now that hopefully some changes will be made.

kidhawk

Reaction score
No..but they damn well should be...why draft two rbs in high rounds to throw all game. Geno isn't gonna win games throwing 50x a game. When the run game is established Geno looks way better passing.
I cannot emphasize how true this is. Are there rare games where passing the ball more will Be beneficial? Of course but those are not how we will when most games. We need to establish the run even if it starts slow.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I posted a stat last week where Seattle passes the ball something like 57% of the time, so no they are not a run first team.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Seattle pretends to be a run team, but when you give your backup QB a 105mil contract then you're a passing team now baby.