Are they offering decent contracts??

plyka

Reaction score
BlueBlood":16iiqh6v said:
No news on Melton. Hatcher and Vance Walker are now off the board. We cleared some cap space and I wasn't sweating the personell losses in the least because I expected some free agents to want to come here for a chance to win but now Im wondering if the word is out that we are offering disrespectful contracts. Obviously our players are highly sought after as they are getting over paid significantly.

Haushka still isn't signed, Finley isn't inked but wants to be here and hasn't worked a deal yet, Vance Walker didn't even make it out of KC.

I'm certain that we are going to challenge for another super bowl this season but it'd be nice to sign SOMEONE.

If you want to win another superbowl, then you should probably hope that PC/JS act like PC/JS and not fans on seahawks.net. Signing someone just because "it would be nice?" Making sure to offer bigger contracts because you don't want to "disrespect" players in the league?

Investment is all about value. If you get something that's worth $5 (to you) for $5, then it's a wash. If you buy something that's worth $2 (to you) for $5, then that's a disaster. If you buy something that's worth $10 (to you) for $1, then it's a huge win. It all comes down to something this simple. And you don't buy something worth $10 for $1 by basing decisions on emotions, by rushing to do something because "it would be nice" to a fan, or by worrying about the feelings of football players.

plyka

Reaction score
byau":hv6a7tks said:
If you look around the league: the worry for me is more that a few other teams are making some very good moves (Broncos, Pats). So it feels like they are "gaining" on the Seahawks.

If you just look at the Seahawks: for the priorities they have, players they "need", cap concerns, I'm happy. They seem to be very shrewd and calculating, not making any wrong moves and waiting to make the right ones. I would like to have seen Tate come back but it was pretty clear he'd be valued a lot more by another team.

The waiting is surely killing me though. Let's skip ahead somehow and start the season huh? :)

Wow, you really think that the Broncos made some "good moves?" They panicked and panicked hard core. They spent $30m on Ware, a guy who even the Cowboys thought was declining. They signed him for 3 years with 20m guaranteed! An absolutely horrible move in my opinion. Paying a player because that player has a good name. They also lost their 2nd best WRs and their best RB, a guy who really made a difference. They also lost a pro-bowl offensive linemen. Then they went out and overpaid for a pretty good CB, however, he is replacing DRC who was their best CB last year and was on the same level as Talib. I think this Denver team is actually worse than last year's team, despite paying out 50m in JUST guarantee money to Talib/Ware. Horrible panic moves for the Broncs. Going all in on Manning's last year.

The Pats signed Browner and Revis. Very good moves, and Browner may be one of my favorite HAwks, and made me very happy when he got that huge deal. That said, he wasn't really the 2nd best corner on this team, and the Hawks thought it was time to move him along. Also, he is getting up their in age. And they spent $12m+$5.5m on 2 corners --that's $17.5m on 2 corners for next year, something we will have to pay for our superbowl winning QB. Not the sharpest of moves, although it did make them much better at CB.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Broncos made great moves, if they face anybody but the Seahawks in the next Super Bowl. Checkdown Manning played right into the L.O.B.s strength and his continual neglect of Moreno and a power run game sealed their fate.

They probably closed the gap to 33-8.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Lady Talon":2w55rbk5 said:
Broncos made great moves, if they face anybody but the Seahawks in the next Super Bowl. Checkdown Manning played right into the L.O.B.s strength and his continual neglect of Moreno and a power run game sealed their fate.

Actually if we get a actual redzone threat (Sidney, Finley, draft pick or UFDA) it'd be like it should have been 56-8 or worse. Doesn't matter given we're playing New England for all the marbles this time around.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Yeah I was remarking at the "look at all the moves the Wrongcos made!" stuff. The biggest problem they had vs. us in the Bowl had little to do with their defense and a lot more to do with their immobile duck throwing OC/HC/QB in one. :p

two dog

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2j79w2yq said:
Lady Talon":2j79w2yq said:

Actually if we get a actual redzone threat (Sidney, Finley, draft pick or UFDA) it'd be like it should have been 56-8 or worse. Doesn't matter given we're playing New England for all the marbles this time around.

Don't forget, we first have to get by the second best team with that bicep kisser and their tasmanian devil
coach. He do know how to throw a fit. (with a bow to "Driving Miss Daisy" for paraphrasing that last line).

BTW, I would love to see Sidney come back and it seems that Finley's signature is being held up only by
the docs not releasing him yet.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Lady Talon":3namo7cb said:
Yeah I was remarking at the "look at all the moves the Wrongcos made!" stuff. The biggest problem they had vs. us in the Bowl had little to do with their defense and a lot more to do with their immobile duck throwing OC/HC/QB in one. :p

Not to mention they lost Decker and Welker is a year older. I like the Patriots alright I guess, they improved their defensive back field but let Edelman go to this point and lost Wilfork. They still have no running back that scares anyone. The Saints also lost Jimmy Graham and are on their way down. The Panthers lost Smith and haven't resigned Lafell.

I actually like the Colts in the AFC this year with the return of Wayne if he can stay healthy and the addition of Hakeem Nicks.

I see us signing Melton or Allen and Finley and I have a sneaky suspicion that Irvin returns to DE and Smith, Wright and Wagner at LB.

We will look damned good again I have no doubt and will win our second of 3 or 4 thats coming before 2020.

This draft and season can't come soon enough. The talent pool in the NFL is being spread out. Also, as far as copying the success of the Hawks go that will take teams some time to find the pieces to make it work to begin with which was 3 years. Then to implement the scheme which also took 3 years..

Hawks!!

Hawkspur

Reaction score
With Earl and Sherman's sizeable contracts coming up, i doubt that bringing in outside free agents is a priority, unless they can free up cash (ie Finley for Miller). With the guys like Melton, Hatcher, Allen, I'd imagine that they have kicked the tires, sold the opportunities on offer here and made offers that are probably below what the player is looking for in the hope that the player will come back to them if they don't receive a big contract elsewhere.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
By that time Pete will be on a different scheme yes? In fact he already is just to let you know. The Red Bennett release was quite the red flag methinks.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2ezvw9lt said:
By that time Pete will be on a different scheme yes? In fact he already is just to let you know. The Red Bennett release was quite the red flag methinks.

Red Bennett?? :? :lol:

MVP53

Reaction score
BlueBlood":19v2366m said:
Lady Talon":19v2366m said:

Not to mention they lost Decker and Welker is a year older. I like the Patriots alright I guess, they improved their defensive back field but let Edelman go to this point and lost Wilfork. They still have no running back that scares anyone. The Saints also lost Jimmy Graham and are on their way down. The Panthers lost Smith and haven't resigned Lafell.

I actually like the Colts in the AFC this year with the return of Wayne if he can stay healthy and the addition of Hakeem Nicks.

I see us signing Melton or Allen and Finley and I have a sneaky suspicion that Irvin returns to DE and Smith, Wright and Wagner at LB.

We will look damned good again I have no doubt and will win our second of 3 or 4 thats coming before 2020.

This draft and season can't come soon enough. The talent pool in the NFL is being spread out. Also, as far as copying the success of the Hawks go that will take teams some time to find the pieces to make it work to begin with which was 3 years. Then to implement the scheme which also took 3 years..

Hawks!!

Saints lost Jimmy Graham? What'd I miss?

TheWalrus

Reaction score
I like what has happened so far. I'm just hoping we get 1 guy on the d-line that can have a huge impact. Right now that looks to be either Allen or Melton. Unfortunately, I think Melton will sign with Dallas today or tomorrow.

The priority for me is to improve at guard.... The problem is that free agency offered nothing but crap. Hopefully we draft a guard in round 1 or 2 of the draft.

I'm content at WR to be honest but recognize the need to draft a WR early in the draft as well.

rideaducati

Reaction score
two dog":3gfw5vec said:
MizzouHawkGal":3gfw5vec said:
Lady Talon":3gfw5vec said:

Don't forget, we first have to get by the second best team with that bicep kisser and their tasmanian devil
coach. He do know how to throw a fit. (with a bow to "Driving Miss Daisy" for paraphrasing that last line).

BTW, I would love to see Sidney come back and it seems that Finley's signature is being held up only by
the docs not releasing him yet.

That second best team you are referring to has a lot of aging players on their defense and their secondary will be worse next year. Their QB will be butthurt because he won't be offered a contract he likes. That second best team you are referring to might be the third best team in their own division next season. Arizona has made some REALLY good moves.

v1rotv2

Reaction score
First off fans get way too hung up on big name players only because of their names. It's gotten to the point here on .net that I wonder if a lot of our fans have not paid attention at all of what got us a Super Bowl win. This win was possible because of no name talent that JS/PC brought in. Baldwin, Kearse and Wilson are just a few of players brought in that few other teams wanted. And now some fans want to go back to the old way of doing things. Not very smart.