Arians and Carroll see it differently

BlueTalons

Reaction score
endzorn":b328mcrq said:
I see Arians approach a little differently than most. He's behind the 8 Ball here with a third string QB playing against our defense. If they win this ONE game they have home field advantage and his players will have a couple weeks to get healthy and get their minds right. If they lose they're likely in as a five seed anyway. Why not recognize the importance and get your players to an emotional high for the game?

Solid coaching move if you ask me.
The Cards have a once in a million opportunity...to play in their home stadium in the Super Bowl!!! They will pull EVERY trick out of the book for this game!! With HFA, they would get that extra week to heal up. Yeah...its BIG to them! ONLY OUR HAWKS STAND IN THEIR WAY!!

BUT...that in turn puts even MORE pressure on them!! Don't think for a second Lindley will suddenly have ice-water flowing through his veins. He couldn't amount to ANYTHING in any "normal" game...why expect him to perform in arguably their most important regular season game in franchise history?? Their offense/defense DEPENDS on the big play. Yet we are one team that gives up those the least (as far as I know...)

The Hawks are the mentally tough team, not to mention the most physical. Pete's approach is proven - treat every game the same and you can't over think it. CAN'T WAIT!!! LEAVE NO DOUBT 24/7!!!!!

jlwaters1

Reaction score
sc85sis":hr4gyw3h said:
So Arians is sort of the less-animated, unathletic version of Harbaugh? Got it.

I'd say less animated on the sidelines, true but much more animated in the press conferences. He sure talks a lot of junk. Both are great coaches. This game might be the birth of a new rivalry.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I read that comment from him and thought if you are Cardinals player or coach that it is a massive opportunity.

Over the last 10 years the Hawks have won the division 6 times, most of those being decided by week 16-17 games. The Cards? Not really.

So it isn't played 100 times, but the Hawks have been here before and every time their backs have been up against the wall they have been up to the task. This is familiar territory for Seattle and treating every week the same has worked for them.

They know what is at stake and the effort shows. If the Hawks lose this game it won't be because they didn't understand how big it is.