Austin Davis

kidhawk

Reaction score
ballard1951":vdzn74mr said:
Boykin did really well. If two QBs, Wilson and Boykin it is.

It's only 1 preseason game. Davis was given the task of running out the clock and with our run game in high gear, it really didn't give him much of a way to show anything (good or bad).

I get the feeling that in game 2 we will see more Davis so the coaches can get a better feel for who is moving forward.

sutz

Reaction score
kidhawk":1y2u7pmo said:
ballard1951":1y2u7pmo said:
Boykin did really well. If two QBs, Wilson and Boykin it is.

It's only 1 preseason game. Davis was given the task of running out the clock and with our run game in high gear, it really didn't give him much of a way to show anything (good or bad).

I get the feeling that in game 2 we will see more Davis so the coaches can get a better feel for who is moving forward.
This. Especially with the elimination of the cut down dates, there's not a hurry to find "the guy" to follow Russ in the order.

I do expect Boykin to be the guy when it's all over, but we do need to see more.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
The nice run Austin pulled off was pretty good and shifty for a white guy. Duked at least two defenders before doing a nice slide.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
If your primary QB goes down, it doesn't really matter who you have at backup, you aren't winning any games.

I mean if Tom Brady went down for four games, it's not like Garropolo is winning more than a game or two.

Krieg's list

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1sdxppbw said:
If your primary QB goes down, it doesn't really matter who you have at backup, you aren't winning any games.

I mean if Tom Brady went down for four games, it's not like Garropolo is winning more than a game or two.

This has to be one of the most unintentionally hilarious posts I've seen here in a while. Less than 12 months ago, the patriots went 2-0 in Garoppolo starts and 1-1 in Jacoby Brissett (!!!) starts before Tom Brady returned from a well-earned suspension.

Empirical evidence suggests your matter-of-fact conventional wisdom might be wrong :lol:

kpak76

Reaction score
Its boykins job to lose at this point. I tink we all knew davis was a camp arm and nothing else. Davis is pretty much auditioning for another team right now.

kidhawk

Reaction score
kpak76":5vsaauzc said:
Its boykins job to lose at this point. I tink we all knew davis was a camp arm and nothing else. Davis is pretty much auditioning for another team right now.

The fact we didn't release him makes him the front runner, but Davis hasn't had his shot yet and it's a safe bet that Pete and John will give him an opportunity against the vikings Friday. The vikings will not be the pushover that the chargers were.

OP
OP
TalontedNoseRider

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
Dude looked flat out crispy in pre-3 game tonight.

Got the ball out quickly...that hot rail he lined up for Mcevoy was impressive.

Hey Boykin don't count out my dad just yet.