Autographed Russell Wilson Rookie Card

671hawk

Reaction score
Aros":3jjwaw43 said:
He said he paid $150 bucks for it (it's mint condition) and I immediately told him I would pay him twice that right now for that card. Darn jerk happens to be very smart when it comes to sports and especially sport player cards. He laughed and said no way. IF Russell Wilson turns into a HoFer like many of us think he will, that card will be worth plenty more than what I am offering.

So what do you think? First of all, what would YOU pay my neighbor right now for a mint condition, autographed Russell Wilson rookie card? If Russell has the career trajectory we all expect, what do you think that card would be worth when his career is over?

The value of cards swing wildly with the popularity of any player. I was fortunate to start collecting Wilson autographed rookie cards before he took off and now the cards are selling for ~3X their initial value. Now that his rookie season is over, seems like the market has softened on his autos but are still fairly pricey. I'm hopeful for an amazing sophomore season to boost values up again.

If you are really interested in buying a card, I have a few Topps/Panini certified Wilson autos ranging from $100-300 that I'm open to selling. Feel free to PM me and I can send over a few pics of my cards.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
I got an autographed 8x10 (with a photo of him signing it) from someone on eBay for $60 + S&H. Being the genius I am, I put it in my $4 frame and it sits looking at me in the living room.

The cards look legit though...

Red Beard

Reaction score
I would need to see the card, in person, to give a price I would be willing to pay. Lots of things to take into account in regard to price. Not many players I would seek out Auto/Rookies for, but Wilson is one, so the appeal is there. I havent read the thread completely yet, so Im sure some info has been listed that Im unaware of. Will make another post or edit after I view the other posts.

Edit: Doesn't appear to be any additional information. Anyway, I too had collected a crazy amount earlier in my life. If the market had continued to grow, I'd be sitting on a couple million worth. Unfortunately, it didn't. With the way cards sell these days, it would take me years to piece off my collection. I have cards from the 40's to present, with a huge collection of 50's to 60's baseball, most in very good condition with a few mints. If anyone is ever looking for anything, message me. I'm always willing to negotiate and starting on my 2 boys' college funds works for me.

671hawk

Reaction score
Looking for a 1977 Topps Largent, near mint or better, centered preferred, doesn't have to me graded.