BD&M Clayton talks Clowney prospects (Seattle only) Rasheem

ivotuk

Reaction score
Just listening to this Podcast, and Clayton says only Seattle has any real Cap Space, AND plays the 4-3 defense, AND is a Contender. JC says that Tenn had to let go of Jurell Casey to pay their players.

IMHO, Vrabel used to coach Clowney so is helping him out with "Yes, we're looking at Clowney..." to put pressure on Seattle.

BOB, DAVE AND MOORE -+- Rasheem Green

The Professor, John Clayton joins the show as news breaks that Benson Mayowa has signed with the Seahawks.

Rasheem Green, pass rusher for the Seahawks joins the show to talk about his experience in the league so far, and what he's doing with this offseason.

Sweeping The Dial: Adam Schefter says that loopholes could cause a bunch of issues when it comes to players and their physicals, and

Tim Kurkjian talks about how he was told Michael Jordan would cheat at Yahtzee! while he was playing Minor League Baseball.

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/category ... +and+Moore

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Am I hearing things? At the beginning, Bob Stelton says "Hello John." And Clayton says "Hell No Everybody."

QuahHawk

Reaction score
So Tenn putting pressure on us, we sign Mayowa and put pressure back on Clowney.

I think his injury history is much worse than people think. How often does a player with microfracture surgery break the bank? Not to mention a core injury and lack of sacks.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":2qq3ik48 said:
So Tenn putting pressure on us, we sign Mayowa and put pressure back on Clowney.

I think his injury history is much worse than people think. How often does a player with microfracture surgery break the bank? Not to mention a core injury and lack of sacks.

Just so there's no confusion, that's my thought on it. I don't know if that's true, but I'm suspicious.

Vrable has to be very familiar with Clowney's health issues, and I think that's the major thing holding him back. He's a very valuable player, makes a difference in every game, and can take over a game. But is his health going to hold up as he gets older? And is his play consistent. I've heard people say they'd "prefer Yanick as he plays hard every snap." Does that mean that person thinks Jadeveon doesn't?

SNDavidson

Reaction score
ivotuk":2tzvtodq said:
Wenhawk":2tzvtodq said:

Just so there's no confusion, that's my thought on it. I don't know if that's true, but I'm suspicious.

Vrable has to be very familiar with Clowney's health issues, and I think that's the major thing holding him back. He's a very valuable player, makes a difference in every game, and can take over a game. But is his health going to hold up as he gets older? And is his play consistent. I've heard people say they'd "prefer Yanick as he plays hard every snap." Does that mean that person thinks Jadeveon doesn't?

Yep. Was just going to say exactly this, makes me suspicious there might be some damage. Still a one man wrecking crew, you just get him for 13 games not 16

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
"you just get him for 13 games not 16"

That has been the case for pretty much all our players not named Wilson, Metcalf or Ifedi.

The signing of yet another relatively low cost rusher could be taken either way. Clowney's sack production was undoubtedly hindered by being the sole focus of opposing offensive protection scheme. Adding players to bolster threat from the other side is an antidote to that problem. Or as said, it could be insurance in case Clowney goes elsewhere.
Seems like it's up to Clowney to decide his own fate, but we can't allow him to decide ours.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
ivotuk":3j0fij4q said:
Am I hearing things? At the beginning, Bob Stelton says "Hello John." And Clayton says "Hell No Everybody."

Yes, you are. He said "Hello everybody"

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
According to Clayton the Titans are out and don't have the cap space to sign Clowney. That makes us the only game in town and JS comes out looking like the shrewd genius that he is.

Latest posts