Bears Den - Week #15

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Bears Den — Week #15

The Bears played the Eagles close the whole game, losing 25-20. I was surprised they covered the spread.

Injuries to Jenkins, EQ, and Whitehair. I have been telling Bears fans all season that Leatherwood sucks. They finally got to see it. This was $6 million wasted.

Fields hit 1,000 yards rushing, and drew praise from Eagles players after the game. If Bears can get better receivers, I hope he doesn’t have to run so much next year. A.J. Brown had 181 yards. Johnson had him covered pretty well, but Hurts was dropping in perfect long bombs. I was impressed.

Draft watch: Bears are back in #2 position. Some people over there want to bench Fields for the last three games to ensure the draft position. I think that would be unethical and unfair to all the teams who, despite their losing records, are still trying to win games.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
IMO with Fields the Bears have a running QB and not one I would consider a pocket QB that can throw with anticipation. 1k yards a season is less than 60 yards a game which isn’t that much

I have been watching the Bears Now YouTube channel and it was being discussed what it would take for the Bears to get the #1 pick which I didn’t put much thought into. I don’t think the Bears have to worry about not getting the 2nd pick

The big question is how the Bears will use the pick. Trade or keep

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
IMO with Fields the Bears have a running QB and not one I would consider a pocket QB that can throw with anticipation. 1k yards a season is less than 60 yards a game which isn’t that much

I have been watching the Bears Now YouTube channel and it was being discussed what it would take for the Bears to get the #1 pick which I didn’t put much thought into. I don’t think the Bears have to worry about not getting the 2nd pick

I think Fields can win them another game At least. His rushing yards are approaching Lamar.

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score

We have been having a lot of discussion about that question on the Bears forum.

Trading down is not automatically an option. You have to have a trading partner. That means they have to have Stroud, Levis, etc. rated high enough to warrant what it would cost them to trade up from #6-8 to #2-3. I have watched all these QBs, and they all have some obvious flaws. Stroud, for example, sometimes gets rattled under pressure. I have seen some rumors that he may drop lower in the draft. If one of the potential trading partners believes that, they may sit on their pick and gamble that he will fall to them. Besides, the 2024 QB draft class is expected to be strong, so they might choose to wait another year to take their shot at a QB.

Eberflus is hungry for a 3-tech guy (Carter), so it would take a huge package like the Trey Lance deal to get Poles to trade down. Anderson is also a phenomenal prospect, and the Bears desperately need an elite pass rusher with Mack and Quinn traded away.

Adding up all this, I think it is possible, but unlikely, that either the Bears or the Seahawks will trade down their first round pick. My prediction is that they will draft Carter and Anderson in some order. I will be happy!!

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
We have been having a lot of discussion about that question on the Bears forum.

Trading down is not automatically an option. You have to have a trading partner. That means they have to have Stroud, Levis, etc. rated high enough to warrant what it would cost them to trade up from #6-8 to #2-3. I have watched all these QBs, and they all have some obvious flaws. Stroud, for example, sometimes gets rattled under pressure. I have seen some rumors that he may drop lower in the draft. If one of the potential trading partners believes that, they may sit on their pick and gamble that he will fall to them. Besides, the 2024 QB draft class is expected to be strong, so they might choose to wait another year to take their shot at a QB.

Eberflus is hungry for a 3-tech guy (Carter), so it would take a huge package like the Trey Lance deal to get Poles to trade down. Anderson is also a phenomenal prospect, and the Bears desperately need an elite pass rusher with Mack and Quinn traded away.

Adding up all this, I think it is possible, but unlikely, that either the Bears or the Seahawks will trade down their first round pick. My prediction is that they will draft Carter and Anderson in some order. I will be happy!!
2 teams that I feel that may outbid each other is Indy and Carolina and artificially drive the price up they both have what is being perceived as being QB hungry and owners that are not afraid to meddle

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
2 teams that I feel that may outbid each other is Indy and Carolina and artificially drive the price up they both have what is being perceived as being QB hungry and owners that are not afraid to meddle
I see your point. The counterargument is that a GM must have supreme confidence in himself and his decision before he will offer some huge package (Trey Lance or better) in order to move up from #6-8 to #2. He has to be absolutely sold on Stroud, Levis, etc., because if he turns out a bust like Trubisky, Matt Wilson, Ryan Leaf, etc. etc. etc., you have screwed your franchise (and yourself) for YEARS to come. Bears fans have the scars to prove it! It is much safer to sit on your position and gamble that one of the QBs on your board will fall naturally to you at #5-6 with the Bears and Seahawks taking Anderson and Carter. Even if that doesn't happen, you can still draft a Pro Bowl qualify player and not come out looking like a bungling fool GM. I think this is essentially why this type of trade does not often happen, if you look at the last 25 years of the draft. There are almost always teams outside the top-5 looking for a QB.

Latest posts