Bears Den week #8

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
The blame for this loss belongs to the defense. But I don’t give it to the entire defense. I give it mainly to the rushing defense. Go back to the Patriots game. They had only 70 yards rushing and averaged 3.7 ypc. That forced them to pass, and our secondary contained them quite well.

By contrast, the Cowboys had 200 yards rushing and averaged 7 ypc. That’s a killer. It opened up the passing game for them in combination with some bad coverage on a few plays. But even so, despite the running success, they had 242 yards passing, 2 TDs, and 1 interception. That is respectable passing, but that is not going to get anywhere close to 49 points.

Whatever else Poles does in 2023 with his $100 million, he must rebuild the defensive front line that he tore down.

The one thing I will always remember about this season is that the Chicago Bears had the best rushing offense in the NFL and the worst rushing defense in the NFL. I know this is only week #8, but it sure is headed that direction.

You have to go back to the Gale Sayers era of 1968 as the last time the Bears had 200+ rushing yards in three consecutive games.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Im still not sold on ereflus and the gm imo. Especially when after a win you ship off to the eagles Quinn.

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Im still not sold on ereflus and the gm imo. Especially when after a win you ship off to the eagles Quinn.
Poles craves cap space. Roquan will probably be the next to get traded. We are all waiting to see how he spends the $100 million he has hoarded.

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
An interesting fact for a franchise that prides itself as a hard-nosed physical team.
We still have some — just not enough! Braxton Jones did a great job blocking Micah Parsons today, both running and passing. Parsons had only 4 tackles and no TFLs. He had zero sacks. I wish we had drafted Abe Lucas to go with Braxton instead of V. Jones in the third round. Of course, the Bears loss is the Seahawks gain!

JPatera76

Reaction score
Poles craves cap space. Roquan will probably be the next to get traded. We are all waiting to see how he spends the $100 million he has hoarded.
Yeah I’m curious to see as well. I live in the area and the in-laws are bears fans so they’ve made sure to make sure I know what’s going on lol.. even though I’ve been following .. and giving them updates on a team that won’t break their hearts currently at least lol.

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Yeah I’m curious to see as well. I live in the area and the in-laws are bears fans so they’ve made sure to make sure I know what’s going on lol.. even though I’ve been following .. and giving them updates on a team that won’t break their hearts currently at least lol.
I know what you mean. Over on the Bears forum, we try hard to remind ourselves that the rebuild is coming in 2023. Relax. Be patient. But it’s not so easy sometimes.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I know what you mean. Over on the Bears forum, we try hard to remind ourselves that the rebuild is coming in 2023. Relax. Be patient. But it’s not so easy sometimes.
Rebuilding Now..

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I gave up on the Bears over 50 years ago. I was born and raised in the Chicago suburbs.

I was 14 y/o when they won the Championship in 1963... and with the exception of Gale Sayers and Dick Butkus, the franchise was a disaster for the next 20 years.

The Bears mainly disappoint. As a matter of fact, they excel at disappointing their fans.

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I gave up on the Bears over 50 years ago. I was born and raised in the Chicago suburbs.

I was 14 y/o when they won the Championship in 1963... and with the exception of Gale Sayers and Dick Butkus, the franchise was a disaster for the next 20 years.

The Bears mainly disappoint. As a matter of fact, they excel at disappointing their fans.
I was 17 in 1963. It was that team that got me interested. Before that, only my dad was the Bears fan in our home.

The Bears have a good team every 20 years. Sooo, Super Bowl in 2006 means Super Bowl in 2026. Hope springs eternal.

Poles just traded Smith today. So he got rid of the whole defensive front-7 of 2021. This is the biggest rebuild ever for the Bears.