Belichick On Wilson: I don’t see anybody better

John63

Reaction score
strohmin":hglmdgor said:
Russ was definitely playing out of his mind when Belicheck made those comments but I think Pete got in his head when he reeled the offense back because of all the ints after week 5 I think. Russ hasnt been the same since.

Well prior to the injury he was leading league in , td/ ints, passer rating, ypa and complt%. And top 5 in yards and tds. So I would say if it did get in his head it did not stay in his head. Also fyi PC really the offense se back when Carson got hurt.

getnasty

Reaction score
John63 and Massari don't even believe Russ is the best QB in the league let alone BB.

seabowl

Reaction score
strohmin":nvdza27m said:
Russ was definitely playing out of his mind when Belicheck made those comments but I think Pete got in his head when he reeled the offense back because of all the ints after week 5 I think. Russ hasnt been the same since.

BB made that comment before week 2 in 2020 meaning Russ had only played one game to that point.

With all of what was said already, why does this even matter? Who cares what BB said before a week 2 game 15 months ago? And no, the Pats last offseason (nor anybody) would have traded 5 #1's for Russ. Moot topic.

OP
OP
M

massari

Reaction score
seabowl":1ihj1g9r said:
BB made that comment before week 2 in 2020 meaning Russ had only played one game to that point.

With all of what was said already, why does this even matter? Who cares what BB said before a week 2 game 15 months ago? And no, the Pats last offseason (nor anybody) would have traded 5 #1's for Russ. Moot topic.
Who cares what an NFL HC says. I want to know what expert Seahawks fans on a internet forum believe.

Wilson has a no trade clause. And what trade assets do the Patriots have? Moot point indeed.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly, why would we listen to one of the best coaches of all time. Or all the players who talk about how great Russ is.
Interned forums like dot negative, that's where the real solid info comes from...........

seabowl

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3m0g2pne said:
Exactly, why would we listen to one of the best coaches of all time. Or all the players who talk about how great Russ is.
Interned forums like dot negative, that's where the real solid info comes from...........

Again what is the point to bring up a topic regarding what Belicheck said 15 months ago? A lot has happened since then. 15 months ago a player like say Beckham was viewed as one of the best but now….

Just don’t understand what this topic is about or its importance since the statement was made almost two full seasons ago (in games) by BB?

pmedic920

Reaction score
Rat":2a2nh3s5 said:
Standard Belichick answer. OP apparently hasn't followed anything outside Seattle in the past 20 years.
Yea, I’m curious where you’ve seen/heard him say something even remotely similar to another current NFL QB?

pmedic920

Reaction score
I had seen this before and forgotten about it.

Now, I bet that RW ends up in NE if he leaves Seattle with the ability to have input where he goes.

RW wants to win, and I believe that’s his #1 priority.

BB has a history that can’t be ignored, we know it, so does #3 RW

keasley45

Reaction score
seabowl":zgm49evb said:
SoulfishHawk":zgm49evb said:

Again what is the point to bring up a topic regarding what Belicheck said 15 months ago? A lot has happened since then. 15 months ago a player like say Beckham was viewed as one of the best but now….

Just don’t understand what this topic is about or its importance since the statement was made almost two full seasons ago (in games) by BB?

The mistake you make is in trying to find logic in it. It's just drummed up ammunition (blanks) to defend against criticism and fact based, situational evaluation by head coaches and former players, and .Net'rs that look at the game beyond stats and blanket praise of a player to understand the game and player performance at a deeper level. Sans man crush hysteria or FFL style evaluation... or deep seeded hate for Pete Carrol.

It makes perfect sense if you look at the game and see RW taking a sack and just say - the line is horrible.

Or if you see him run around behind the line for 10 seconds and then throw a TD and only think - he's HOF talented.

Or if he leads a comeback, you think - he saved us.

Or if he holds the ball and then eventually scrambles for a 1st down, you say - our wr's never get open.

Put on those glasses and it makes perfect sense.

John63

Reaction score
pmedic920":1lubdb4e said:
Rat":1lubdb4e said:
Standard Belichick answer. OP apparently hasn't followed anything outside Seattle in the past 20 years.
Yea, I’m curious where you’ve seen/heard him say something even remotely similar to another current NFL QB?

He has not he is just doing what's does when something good about Wilson comes out, he first tries to prove it means nothing, then he tries to ignore it.

John63

Reaction score
keasley45":3nr7bwmx said:
seabowl":3nr7bwmx said:
SoulfishHawk":3nr7bwmx said:

The mistake you make is in trying to find logic in it. It's just drummed up ammunition (blanks) to defend against criticism and fact based, situational evaluation by head coaches and former players, and .Net'rs that look at the game beyond stats and blanket praise of a player to understand the game and player performance at a deeper level. Sans man crush hysteria or FFL style evaluation... or deep seeded hate for Pete Carrol.

It makes perfect sense if you look at the game and see RW taking a sack and just say - the line is horrible.

Or if you see him run around behind the line for 10 seconds and then throw a TD and only think - he's HOF talented.

Or if he leads a comeback, you think - he saved us.

Or if he holds the ball and then eventually scrambles for a 1st down, you say - our wr's never get open.

Put on those glasses and it makes perfect sense.

As opposed to putting out something from almost a year ago.

As to the rest of your BS as usually, you ignore the facts to spin your own fictional story. You are the leader of Qhawk for sure.

chris98251

Reaction score
pmedic920":10lhfwx0 said:
Rat":10lhfwx0 said:

Tom Brady.......................

pmedic920

Reaction score
chris98251":1hy3naoy said:
pmedic920":1hy3naoy said:
Rat":1hy3naoy said:

Does this mean something significant to the discussion?

Tom was his boy for many years, it pretty much goes without saying that BB would speak well of him.

Duh

chris98251

Reaction score
pmedic920":3ltmawcf said:
chris98251":3ltmawcf said:
pmedic920":3ltmawcf said:
Rat":3ltmawcf said:

Tom was his boy for many years, it pretty much goes without saying that BB would speak well of him.

Duh

This was your question, it does not exclude Tom Brady who is a Buc now, DUH

If you can't avoid stepping in your own crap please take your shoes off at the door.

seabowl

Reaction score
pmedic920":2516zenk said:
I had seen this before and forgotten about it.

Now, I bet that RW ends up in NE if he leaves Seattle with the ability to have input where he goes.

RW wants to win, and I believe that’s his #1 priority.

BB has a history that can’t be ignored, we know it, so does #3 RW

This thread gets more strange by the minute. You really think the Pats will bench or trade Mac Jones and acquire Wilson?

:34853_doh:

John63

Reaction score
pmedic920":24xhz9hj said:
chris98251":24xhz9hj said:
pmedic920":24xhz9hj said:
Rat":24xhz9hj said:

Duh

What the interesting thing is, is the only QB he can come up with is Brady and the supposed GOAT. So what does that tell us when the only 2 QBs he speaks about in this regard are Brady and Wilson.

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":2j29hek1 said:
pmedic920":2j29hek1 said:
chris98251":2j29hek1 said:
pmedic920":2j29hek1 said:

Duh

This was your question, it does not exclude Tom Brady who is a Buc now, DUH

If you can't avoid stepping in your own crap please take your shoes off at the door.

Again what doe sit tell you when the only 2 QBs he speaks about in this regard are Brady the GOAT and Wilson?

It sone thing to say they are great at some things, or they run well or whatever. But another to say he is one of the best period.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Give it up man, you're wasting your time.

Russ Sucks. Just go with that and you'll fit right in :2thumbs: