DT
G
LB
TE
CB
G
CB
G

Hard to ague with the positions we drafted. Glad we stayed away from wasting picks on QB, WR, RB. We definitely would have selected at least 1 WR and 1 RB if Pete were still running the show and our first 2 picks wouldn't have been used on interior players.

xray

Reaction score
I'm fine with the picks ; but future success will still need a gr8 QB on this team .IMHO

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
And the Hawks , without the benefit of a franchise QB to develop , will be lucky to land playoff wildcard slots , for years . IMHO
So, what was your solution?
Should we have taken the 7th rated QB in the draft & just hope he's a franchise QB or use our limited assets to trade up to get 1 of those 6 guys drafted before we even had the chance to draft them & hope they were a franchise QB while ignoring the interior DL that made every team we played look like they had an elite OL & a HOF RB in his prime.
FTR, I truly believe they would have taken Penix if he was there but he wasn't.

CPHawk

Reaction score
One of the most average drafts I can remember. Addressed needs well. Good players, but nobody I'm over the moon about.
I’m over the moon about Murphy. We haven’t had a DT like him in 10 years or more. And we have wasted a ton of draft picks trying to trade for guys to fix the DL under JS. Finally we draft a guy who can stop the run and pressure the qb.

NoGain

Reaction score
I don't know about best draft in years. I love Murphy, and am very hopeful about Haynes. The rest of the guys it's wait and see for me. If we get a couple of starters and some more depth out of the rest, I'll be fine with the draft.

But I never want to hear again about how JS is committed to reloading at the QB position, like they did with his former organization in Green Bay. All I've heard for years is how he liked this QB and that QB in the draft but it always comes to nothing. I've got to see it to believe it now.

Last edited:

BlueTalon

Reaction score
But I never want to hear again about how JS is committed to reloading at the QB position, like they did with his former organization in Green Bay. All I've heard for years is how he liked this QB and that QB in the draft but it always comes to nothing. I've got to see it to believe it now.
Assume for a moment that he wasn't going to trade up at all. What QB would you have had him pick? And when?

NoGain

Reaction score
Assume for a moment that he wasn't going to trade up at all. What QB would you have had him pick? And when?
i'm not a QB scouting expert. All I know is that we've only drafted one QB in the first 4-5 rounds in what? Like 20 years?

warden

Reaction score
when our first round pick at number 16 was on the clock, there were four really good prospects available. The only way we could screw that pick up was by trading down. We drafted one of those four who the Seahawks would fit in the best. I am just so glad we didn’t trade down

BlueTalon

Reaction score
i'm not a QB scouting expert. All I know is that we've only drafted one QB in the first 4-5 rounds in what? Like 20 years?
Well, if you're not going to take into account that JS traded actual picks in this year's draft for Sam Howell...

Schneider judged correctly that we wouldn't have a shot at any of the top 6 QBs in this year's draft, so he "drafted" someone he considers to be better than any of the QBs remaining in this draft.

Last edited: