Best NFL offensive triplets ranked.

kearly

Reaction score
This is surprising coming from Barnwell, who wrote that Wilson was the real MVP last season, IIRC.

Baldwin probably isn't going to have 30 TDs this year that's true, but it wasn't just TD's he loaded up on. Baldwin had 723 yards after the team switched to the spread, a 94 catch / 1446 yard pace. So it wasn't like he just had some random TD luck. He was producing at an elite level. And the fact that Baldwin did score so many TDs so quickly does imply that he has developed red zone ability.

Rawls I can forgive, as he got hurt and has a small sample size.

Still, it seems surprising that Barnwell would make this ranking. He's an obvious believer in DVOA, which had Seattle's offense ranked #1 last year. It ranked #1 with a horrific OL and with very little help from Lynch and Graham. That leaves... this trio, as well as Tyler Lockett. The numbers just don't add up to support Barnwell's thought process.

Normally when Barnwell gets something wrong, it's because he over-thought things. This is one of the rare times he was wrong because he under-thought something.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I can kind of understand his thinking in regards to triplets. At least the way I think he is saying. Ninster actually has a good point about Kaep, Crab and Gore. Those three for one year were 90% of the 9er offense because Kaep isn't known for spreading the ball around. Runs were Gore and Passes were Kaep to Crab.

Now without Lynch and the RB position being an injury question mark if you could only take three players on our offense to be our trio, who would you take and where would you rank them? Keep in mind Rawls would hurt your rating right now because he is a big question mark until he proves he is back 100% and we don't have another proven RB so you really would have to take either a receiver or TE. Would you rank Wilson, Baldwin and Kearse higher then 23rd? I wouldn't and Lockett is still proving himself as well as P-Rich.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
This was a lame article. Just a bad opinion is all. He is giving a running back who has never taken a snap int he NFL (Exikeil Elliot Dallas) and a top guy but not giving any credit to someone who when they did play last year tore thing up among the very best in the league (AKA Rawls). Yes I know not a large sample size but more than 0. Also what about Jimmy Graham. Not like he will be hurt forever. Him Russell and Rawls. Seems top ten to me. I think this would be a better question to ask Defensive coordinators. Who they most fear going against. But nothing is objective with these things. I have no idea who Barnwell is but garbage like this does not make him a talent. Is he writing for Bleacher Report?

Maulbert

Reaction score
NINEster":2dld62to said:
Only one NFL team had a triplets nickname -- Cowboys in the '90s -- and for good reason. So damn hard to have hall of fame at just those 3 positions.

Uhhhh.... Peyton Manning/Edgerrin James/Marvin Harrison throughout the '00s also were called triplets.

drdiags

Reaction score
When I think of the Dallas Cowboys "Triplets" I think of a QB, RB and WR. So I would have assumed if Barnwell was trying to identify teams with a 3-headed monster attack, he would have picked QB, RB and WR. Pittsburgh seems logical but not sure I can agree with the thought of a QB and 2 WRs or WR and TE.

The thinking is that you can try shutting down a team through the air or the ground but with a dynamic 3-headed attack, your offense is unstoppable. Closed down Aikman and Irvin, Emmitt would chew you up. It is an opinion piece and most likely would not make most fans happy with the choices but it is a confusing list to me.