Biggest difference between Harbaugh and Carroll

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
And if we could see the parallel universe where PC took a gig in SF and Harbaugh came here and fans supported their guy according, we'd see this subjective argument for what it is. But people gotta tell others they know more, they care less, they're less afraid, etc... Or do we?

drdiags

Reaction score
Not sure what anyone expects when every time you look up one of our guys wants to create a thread about how some Seahawk player or coach compares to a 9er. I agree, there is a lot of obsessing about the 9ers. There were similar feelings towards the Rams back in the Martz days but nothing that compares to what is happening now. And it isn't just .NET. Our sports talk, our bloggers and even our team website have fed into this mindset.

Why not put these in the NFL forum so the main forum could be just about the Seahawks? There hasn't been that many threads that don't eventually have some comparison to the 9ers made by one of our own fans.

I just hope that Mr. Stlouis guy doesn't have the last laugh. Carry on.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
drdiags":2349py95 said:
Not sure what anyone expects when every time you look up one of our guys wants to create a thread about how some Seahawk player or coach compares to a 9er. I agree, there is a lot of obsessing about the 9ers. There were similar feelings towards the Rams back in the Martz days but nothing that compares to what is happening now. And it isn't just .NET. Our sports talk, our bloggers and even our team website have fed into this mindset.

Why not put these in the NFL forum so the main forum could be just about the Seahawks? There hasn't been that many threads that don't eventually have some comparison to the 9ers made by one of our own fans.

I just hope that Mr. Stlouis guy doesn't have the last laugh. Carry on.
Yeah, this thread going here was pretty damn predictable.
It isn't just local, double D. ESPN and NFLN simply cannot stop doing the exact same thing. Every Niner story is followed by a Hawks story, or vice versa.

drdiags

Reaction score
The NFL media loves that whole Arms race angle. Makes good copy until the regular season starts. Just hope all deliver on the hype. This is a new era of Seahawks football, so I will refrain from raining on the parade. Ready for the season to start. Should be a good one.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3w0pmkea said:
In that case, why give Carroll credit for anything? Hell, we have a DBs coach. We have a coach for the safeties. Let's give credit to secondary coaches instead of Carroll for developing Sherman, Chancellor, Browner, Lane, Thurmond, etc., etc. because our secondary is beastly.

If you don't think that Harbaugh doesn't have his input on the OL, I don't know what to tell you. I hate this overrated douchetool as much as you do, but he deserves credit for helping to develop that OL, which has former fat sacks of crap like Anthony Davis that have been nicely developed over the past two years. Lest we forget, that OL was not that great with Singletary. Harbaugh gets credit for developing it in my view.
Not so fast there, the 'Concept' of That stellar Secondary? is/was guys that Pete, and John chose for the Coach to work with.
Harbauggghh came in with MOST of the players in place, and MOST already had the talent to take it the distance.
The fact that Harbaugh was arrogant enough to look over the top of guys like Baldwin, and Sherman , tells me that he doesn't have all his ducks in a row when it comes to spotting talent.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
mretrade":1tfx8qod said:
themunn":1tfx8qod said:
mretrade":1tfx8qod said:
Yeah seriously. This forum has become more of a 49ers/Seahawks forum. Most Seahawk fans seem obsessed with discussing the Niners, Kaepernick, and Harbaugh. Yet the Niner boards I go to don't really care that much about the Seahawks.

I wouldn't know because I don't visit niner boards.
BECAUSE I'M A SEAHAWKS FAN.

I am a Niners fan but follow the Seahawks because I am from the 206. Does that make you angry or something? I know a lot more about the Seahawks than a lot of Seahawks fans.
Nope, I for one don't give a shit about the just as homeristic niners fans, nor do I have any intrest in what they have to say about my Seahawks.
Truth is, I figure that those that come here from the other side of the tracks, are all deep down wannabe Seahawks fans.
And too, there are a hell of a lot of ninners fans that are propping up their NOW players, as being the best,,IF that's true?, who is your new Jerry Rice?, Joe Montana? Etc.?

lukerguy

Reaction score
warden":1pboabpf said:
With the top coaches list coming out and Harbaugh being rated much higher then Carroll, I think they forgot to mention one big difference

Harbaugh did not really build the 49ers roster. Singletary had more to do with building the roster. Yes Harbaugh made some good improvements with Aldon Smith and Kaepernick but in all reality he inherited a very good team. 20 of his 22 starters were all ready in place when he arrived.
Actually Nolan had more to do with it, but Singletary did a good job as well.

Teqneek

Reaction score
8 sacks > 19, 20 sacks. Right. (methinks you meant "led the rookies in the league," like Aldon Smith did last year, except Aldon had 14).

Of course, the irony here is that Scott McCloughan built the nucleus of BOTH of our rosters, if I'm not mistaken... lmao.

While the the person who stated the sack number for DEs was wrong... The fact you responded with a LINEBACKERS sack numbers.. when he clearly stated Defensive End.. makes me think you don't even know what position your own players function at there in San Fran :p

Rocket

Reaction score
Harbaugh's AQ is nearly off the charts, while Carroll's AQ is virtually non-existent.

(asshole quotient)

RichNhansom

Reaction score
mretrade":il547u6e said:
There is still a stupid crazy amount of obsession with the 49ers on here. Most 49er forums have zero to one Seahawks thread tops. So if you want less 49er fans talking here, post less about the 49ers.

Holy begeezes, I just looked at the 9ers webzone and there are more than one thread but the main seahawks thread is 236 friken pages long. Did you need someone to read that to you? TWO HUNDRED and THIRTY SIX FRICKEN pages.

Go back to your home and quit trying to sell yourself as a Seahawks fan. It's been obvious for a while where your allegiance lies and the fact that you and so many other Niners have tried to come in here under the guise of being Seahawks fans is proof of your fear.

I only lurk one Niner board but I have yet to see a Niner impersonator but we seem to get them here every week.

Go away.

I should edit this. I mistook you for one of the other Niner trolls that have been impersonating Seahawks fans lately. I reviewed your posts and noticed I was wrong about you. Sorry about that but it doesn't change the heart of the post. Right now the evidence supports that you guys are far more infatuated/scared of Seahawks than the other way around. Deal with it.

HawkHouse

Reaction score
warden":ju7nefgc said:
With the top coaches list coming out and Harbaugh being rated much higher then Carroll, I think they forgot to mention one big difference

Harbaugh did not really build the 49ers roster. Singletary had more to do with building the roster. Yes Harbaugh made some good improvements with Aldon Smith and Kaepernick but in all reality he inherited a very good team. 20 of his 22 starters were all ready in place when he arrived.

Now Carroll completely built his team. Very few remain from the previous regime. Red, Unger and Mebane come to mind but after that you really have to think about it. Yes JS gets some credit, but that hire was also Pete Carroll's decision

:13:

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I wish we would stop talking about the 49ers myself.

I don't understand why we are so fixated upon them. I could understand if it was game week but it isn't. It's actually quite nauseating.

Richard_Sherman

Reaction score
I am the only one truly qualified to classify these two gentlemen. Not only because I have played for one Pete Carroll but also James Harbaugh. Furthermore, I am an All-Pro and a Stanford graduate.

I could get into a lengthy and well articulated arguments as to who and why I picked who I picked. However, I'm opting to get straight to the point and simply stating the truth.

Harbaugh is a better coach.

drdiags

Reaction score
Well Rock, are we seeing a legit post here from Mr. Sherman or is this a nice troll attempt? (Seeing how team rules may not allow this type of activity from an active member of the team).

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Well, since he says Harbaugh is the better coach and he's in TC under curfew do you actually think he would waste his day off posting that?

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
That's a pretty silly thing to hold against somebody. Harbaugh might be way worse than PC when it comes to rebuilding an entire team but we won't get to know until we see the guy in a situation where he actually has to rebuild a franchise at the pro level.

Besides, when we're measuring people like that, it just becomes the same argument about who's better between the guy who did more with more help or the guy who did less with less help. Do you guys saying PC is better because he had less to work with think Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady because his teams were usually worse? That Curt Warner is better than Shaun Alexander because his blocking was worse? That Largent is better than Jerry Rice because he didn't have HoFers throwing him the ball?

If PC is better because he was in a worse situation and this logic is sound, then surely those who believe it will choose players like Manning over Brady, Warner over Alexander, Largent over Rice, etc. That or people have made their minds to say one person is better and are now shaping the evidence to fit the conclusion. If you ask me for a "right" answer, I'd have to defer you to the upcoming season(s) where we'll get to see more of these guys doing what they do best with PC acting kinda like a giddy kid while winning football games and Harbaugh acting like a not so giddy kid while winning football games. Either way, people become the best on the field - not from what's said about them on a message board.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
chevelle03":1zzhcnbv said:
One has coached a team to a national championship, the other is a total dick.

Where's the "like" button? :)

Richard_Sherman

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":ypm3utz0 said:
That's a pretty silly thing to hold against somebody. Harbaugh might be way worse than PC when it comes to rebuilding an entire team but we won't get to know until we see the guy in a situation where he actually has to rebuild a franchise at the pro level.

Besides, when we're measuring people like that, it just becomes the same argument about who's better between the guy who did more with more help or the guy who did less with less help. Do you guys saying PC is better because he had less to work with think Peyton Manning is better than Tom Brady because his teams were usually worse? That Curt Warner is better than Shaun Alexander because his blocking was worse? That Largent is better than Jerry Rice because he didn't have HoFers throwing him the ball?

If PC is better because he was in a worse situation and this logic is sound, then surely those who believe it will choose players like Manning over Brady, Warner over Alexander, Largent over Rice, etc. That or people have made their minds to say one person is better and are now shaping the evidence to fit the conclusion. If you ask me for a "right" answer, I'd have to defer you to the upcoming season(s) where we'll get to see more of these guys doing what they do best with PC acting kinda like a giddy kid while winning football games and Harbaugh acting like a not so giddy kid while winning football games. Either way, people become the best on the field - not from what's said about them on a message board.

Forget discussing the future.