Bigtime WR is a priority this offseason

kobebryant

Reaction score
rcaido":3p73s9q5 said:
I still think it was dumb of the Seahawks to get rid of Bennett. I watched that Eagles vs Cowboys game & he still has it. I really miss him. Imagine if we still had him this year.

We need Green to step up big by the end of the season. Need to draft a big time pass rusher and let Clark go. Maybe two. Griffith has been in a sophomore slump, what happen to him. Might have to get another DB too.

Just curious, why would you want to let Clark go if the goal is improving the pass rush? Would drafting a pass rusher while letting Clark leave not be a step back at worst and a push at best?

rcaido

Reaction score
kobebryant":7f0379kb said:
rcaido":7f0379kb said:
I still think it was dumb of the Seahawks to get rid of Bennett. I watched that Eagles vs Cowboys game & he still has it. I really miss him. Imagine if we still had him this year.

We need Green to step up big by the end of the season. Need to draft a big time pass rusher and let Clark go. Maybe two. Griffith has been in a sophomore slump, what happen to him. Might have to get another DB too.

Just curious, why would you want to let Clark go if the goal is improving the pass rush? Would drafting a pass rusher while letting Clark leave not be a step back at worst and a push at best?

I would love to keep him but not 18mill+ Pete is pretty great with defense, im sure he can get a bargain on some veterans.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rcaido":3cokicst said:

Yes if you have a deep D-line rotation where Bennett only has to play 40-50% of the snaps he can be effective.

That's not here, for two straight years his effectiveness greatly diminished as the season wore on, and he wore out playing 80-90% of the snaps.

Nothing's changed, he'd still be overused.....and for the cost and his nonsense it was time to move on and try to build the next young defense.

jmahon316

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3f2k2fpp said:
rcaido":3f2k2fpp said:

Yes if you have a deep D-line rotation where Bennett only has to play 40-50% of the snaps he can be effective.

That's not here, for two straight years his effectiveness greatly diminished as the season wore on, and he wore out playing 80-90% of the snaps.

Nothing's changed, he'd still be overused.....and for the cost and his nonsense it was time to move on and try to build the next young defense.

Was waiting for this. I don't think people realize how fresh Bennett is now that he's not the main part of a team's defense anymore.

rcaido

Reaction score
Bennett was injured last year & he still was pro bowl player. Giving up 5th round and still eat his 5million dead cap money wasn't worth it. Should have kept him for this season and let him walk the following. Maybe might gotten a comp pick too.

Lets be real the real reason is not because of football reason why most of you didn't want him back.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sign37now":gm22yy2n said:
I'd rather see some more pass rushers. We are giving QB's way too much time to carve us up...

Completely agree!!!

For me this is the biggest need.

Seymour

Reaction score
rcaido":2p3vnoui said:
Bennett was injured last year & he still was pro bowl player. Giving up 5th round and still eat his 5million dead cap money wasn't worth it. Should have kept him for this season and let him walk the following. Maybe might gotten a comp pick too.

Lets be real the real reason is not because of football reason why most of you didn't want him back.

I would agree and pointed that out before we let him go. But on that last sentence, it was also those same "non football" reasons why Pete and John didn't want him here also or else he'd still be here.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rcaido":3p7rf088 said:

Most of us? You mean the entire organization.

Of course Bennett could still help out our pass rush, but it was time to move on...from both his salary and his personality.

He was ready to move on as well. Doesn't make sense to hold onto an expensive aging toxic player when you're trying to rebuild, get your cap right and jettison negative players to reinvigorate your locker room and culture.

So yeah if we're assigning percentages as to why Bennett got traded? Probably 40% diminished production and 60% pain in the ass personality.

Chawker

Reaction score
seabowl":3nrbqd4n said:
I really hope this offseason that the team goes out and gets a WR that can consistently get separation. It seems Russ holds the ball too long at times but if you see what he sees many times there is just nobody open. I'm aware in the past that we have not been successful in free agency with WR's but it's clear we do not have a number 1 on the team. If we obtain a true number one, just think what this will not only do for Russ and the passing game but also the rushing attack.

Yes, I agree with you seabowl, it would be nice. They're hard to come by and when they are successful, it cost a lot to keep. We drafted D-Jack in the second round and had a good run with him. Just somebody with good size or a rugged frame.

I also see the need to get more pressure on there QB. We can create more pressure though the aggregate. Resign Clark and draft a good young LBer who is good at sacking Qbs. Like E.J. Ejiya or Germaine Pratt. Both are good LBer of size that can blitz the QB.

Cheers

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I think there are a fair number of WR options that should be available in the mid to late rounds in the coming draft. The top performing WR's of the season so far, excluding some juniors, smaller WR's. & some small schoolers are as follows.
(** = Of possible interest to Seahawks, typically taller WR's to meet the need for one.)

**WR-Antone Wesley, Texas Tech 6-5/200, 10-games, 78/1347/17.27-YPC/9-TD;s #163 @drafttek
**WR-Andy Isabella, UMass, 5-9/186, 11-games, 87/1479/17.00-YPC/11-TD's #258 (slot-WR) @drafttek
**WR-Kelvin Harmon (JR), NC State, 6-2/213, 9-games, 65/965/14.85-YPC/5-TD;s #23 @drafttek
**WR-Preston Williams, CSU. 6-4/210, 10-games, 78/1020/13.08-YPC/9-TD's, NR @drafttek
**WR-Marquise Brown, (JR), Okla. 5-11/165, 10-games, 53/956/18.04-YPC/8-TD's #62 (slot-WR) @drafttek
**WR-Stanley Morgan, Nebraska, 6-0/195, 10-games, 59/856/14.51-YPC/7-TD;s #97 @drafttek
**WR-J J Arcega-Whiteside, Stanford, 6-2/222, 9-games, 48/754/15.71-YPC/11-TD;s #18 @drafttek
**WR-Jalen Hurd, 6-4/217, Baylor, 10-games, 62/837/13.50-YPC, 4-TD;s, NR @drafttek
**WR-Anthony Johnson, Buffalo, 6-1/207, 9-games, 35/699/19.97-YPC/8-TD;s #167 @drafttek
**WR-David Sills, W. Virginia, 6-3/203, 9-games, 49/697/14.22-YPC/12-TD's #100 @drafttek
Stats Per: cfbstats.com

Taller WR's (with lesser stats) in the coming draft that may be of Seahawk interest, especially later in draft.
WR-Riley Ridley, Georgia, 6-2/200, #75 @drafttek
WR-Jaylen Smith, Louisville, 6-3/219, #193 @drafttek
WR-Bryan Edwards, So. Carolina, 6-2/205, #242 @drafttek
WR-Juwan Johnson, Penn St., 6-3/226, #252 @drafttek
WR-Felton Davis, Michigan St, 6-3/195, #261 @drafttek
Among a few others.

The WR "sleeper" in this bunch may very well be the 6-4/217 Baylor WR-Jalen Hurd, who sat out this last year after he switched positions (RB to WR) & schools (Tennessee & Baylor). The Baylor staff worked him out pretty extensively.
Hurd squatted more than 500 pounds, ran the 40-yard dash consistently in the 4.4-second range, posted a 40-inch vertical jump and ran 20-yard shuttles of 3.8 and 3.9 seconds. For some context, as cited by Hayes, the best vertical jump at this year’s NFL Combine was 41.5 inches and the recent best at the combine in the 20-yard shuttle was 3.81.
:smilingalien:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
rcaido":tdj7xhaw said:
kobebryant":tdj7xhaw said:
rcaido":tdj7xhaw said:

I would love to keep him but not 18mill+ Pete is pretty great with defense, im sure he can get a bargain on some veterans.
If he could "get a bargain on some veterans", why hasn't it already happened for THIS season?
I believe that because Teams all around the League are likely hanging onto the ones that are worth a shit.

chris98251

Reaction score
Taller doesn't cut it they have to be physical as well.

**WR-Antone Wesley, Texas Tech 6-5/200, 10-games, 78/1347/17.27-YPC/9-TD;s #163 @drafttek

Put another 30 pounds on him and were talking.

**WR-Preston Williams, CSU. 6-4/210, 10-games, 78/1020/13.08-YPC/9-TD's, NR @drafttek

Another 15 or 20 here.

We have the other type of receiver's, the guys we keep missing on are these type but we need physical as well, not Ricardo Lockette's

Jville

Reaction score
LOL ..... So one can only assume that those who are compelled to talk on and on about college football and next years draft are desperate for more attention than what can be extracted solely from the dedicated "NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM" ...... amusing

rcaido

Reaction score
scutterhawk":27adnlew said:
rcaido":27adnlew said:
kobebryant":27adnlew said:
rcaido":27adnlew said:

If he could "get a bargain on some veterans", why hasn't it already happened for THIS season?
I believe that because Teams all around the League are likely hanging onto the ones that are worth a shit.

We lost a lot of people & so much needs this season we had to replace our TE, OL, & WR. We address a bit of our defense with the draft & we did pick up Kendrick & Mingo on the cheap. With not signing Clark, they will have more money to play with this offseason.

As for Bennett, its funny how people turned on him since he did the kneeling & Vegas incident. Funny how the media did the same...He was performing & calling him a toxic or locker room cancer without proof just give me reason to believe other reasons why. He did a lot for the community & for the team.

poly1274

Reaction score
A good WR that joins Seattle would be the worst decision in their carrer

Chawker

Reaction score
I just posted in the draft room on Preston Williams he is a jr but I'm sure he'd becomming out. I really like him,his blocking tuffness running with the ball,can clear out a zone, which translate to respect. Transfered from Tenn. He would be a great fit here. :les:
Cheers

Scorpion05

Reaction score
poly1274":27mfz2bx said:
A good WR that joins Seattle would be the worst decision in their carrer

I disagree. Look at what the Saints are doing. Brees only throws for about 25 attempts a game, because he’s supplemented with a great rushing attack. And quite frankly, an Elite offensive coach. They added Michael Thomas to that through the draft and he’s a stud. Receivers love stats but they especially love touchdowns. And with Russ in the top 6 I believe in passing TDs so far that’s not terrible for a receiver. You’re talking top 3 offense if you can get it right

toffee

Reaction score
I have been saying since OTA that WR corp is our weak link. So far, Marshall was old and dropped balls, Baldwin is hurt, Lockette is good but not elite, Moore was a surprise but still green I am unsure of his ceiling. None of our TEs are great threat, Will surprised some but once DC game planned for him, he wasn't as effective and of course he is out of the season.

We need ONE wr that demands double teaming, that plus our power run would be very hard to defend. Make that one big body WR.

Contrary to some said big time WR won't like our system, I think he would. He might lack yardage and catches since we run a lot, but Wilson throw lots of TD passes and long bombs. both are good for highlights and stats.

Go Hawks.

mrt144

Reaction score
toffee":187k5tsk said:
I have been saying since OTA that WR corp is our weak link. So far, Marshall was old and dropped balls, Baldwin is hurt, Lockette is good but not elite, Moore was a surprise but still green I am unsure of his ceiling. None of our TEs are great threat, Will surprised some but once DC game planned for him, he wasn't as effective and of course he is out of the season.

We need ONE wr that demands double teaming, that plus our power run would be very hard to defend. Make that one big body WR.

Contrary to some said big time WR won't like our system, I think he would. He might lack yardage and catches since we run a lot, but Wilson throw lots of TD passes and long bombs. both are good for highlights and stats.

Go Hawks.

Antonios Browns are expensive and don't grow on trees though. I would love someone at his level and dynamism but...I still don't think we'd get the same experience the Steelers do because commitment to a functional and complimentary passing game isn't something you just get with talent alone. We don't have the best history with FA and Trade acquisitions in the passing game and that isn't just Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham being cursed froyos.