Bill Barnwell - "it was a truly dismal officiating effort"

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":27h816c7 said:
The only issue I had with the calls was the inconsistency. The flags always coming out in bail out fashion. I would have preferred they called PI on 2nd down too. At the very least, the secondary would have the opportunity to adjust to how the game would be called. Instead of assuming tight play would be allowed as it had been on earlier downs.
The Officiating had to make adjustments at half time, to secure the win for the Colts, pretty obvious and straight forward.
Independent minded people are commenting that the Seahawks had no real chance, because the officiating deemed it so BEFORE the game even started.
After XL, nothing that NFL powers that be, surprises me in the least.
Do I believe that there were mistakes made in officiating?, yep, by design.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
coltsfan1405":3f0xmb1m said:
...but I'm not trolling just defending my team.

coltsfan1405":3f0xmb1m said:
Love how you are all still so mad about the game lol amusing

...thought you guys were better fans than this but guess not.

Yeah, great job defending your team junior.

Now would you please...

SHUT.

THE HELL.

UP.

coltsfan1405

Reaction score
Saying the refs are the only reason we won is ridiculous why can't you just say we played better? On a different day it could be different but we played a better game that's it.

hawker84

Reaction score
coltsfan1405":1hhqoiqt said:
Saying the refs are the only reason we won is ridiculous why can't you just say we played better? On a different day it could be different but we played a better game that's it.

Your team played great, you beat us fair and square, congrats on a hard fought victory.. Now you have your respect and retribution, you can now go and harrass the next teams board.. And trust me, you do not want to see this team down the road..

scutterhawk

Reaction score
coltsfan1405":3bijvg9j said:
We are banged up as well but I guess that doesn't come into consideration.
Seahawks missing 3 Pro Bowlers on the O-Line, ESPECIALLY Center, and Left Tackle, and you want a me too? LOL get serious :roll:

CHawks4L

Reaction score
What a douche... defend your team on your own pathetic board. There was unquestionably some bad calls in favor of the home team, and I do believe most calls favor home team, which makes of part of the home field equation.

We should have risen above the shitty calls though, and chomped down on their two big plays. I feel very confident in a rematch, on a neutral field, no problem.

jdblack

Reaction score
coltsfan1405":3o3ou958 said:

Trolling - I haven't seen a single person say that officiating was the only reason. You're putting words in our mouths in order to rile us up.

coltsfan1405

Reaction score
I would love to see you guys down the road cause that means we made the superbowl haha and I believe in my team and that we can beat you guys again. We have our best TE out a lineman a dlineman a safety a linebacker need I go on?

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
coltsfan1405":31a2g3eq said:
I would love to see you guys down the road cause that means we made the superbowl haha and I believe in my team and that we can beat you guys again. We have our best TE out a lineman a dlineman a safety a linebacker need I go on?

Will there be proper punctuation? These posts are seriously written at a lower than 5th grade level.

Just defending my boys, MLA and Merriam-Webster.

chawx

Reaction score
coltsfan1405":1e9j2sv8 said:
I'm sorry but I see a clean hit, perhaps a bit late but no contact to his helmet so clean hit otherwise. Only thing I see is it may be a bit late but not horribly late. and roland sorry but I'm not trolling just defending my team. trolling is sitting here saying " HAHA YOU GUYS ARE SO BUTTHURT HAHA ALL I HEAR IS WA WA WAH" and I'm not doing that.

K, but, the rules say you can't launch at (and lead with your helmet) towards a QB no matter where the QB gets hit on his body.

"a bit late..." doesn't matter.
"no contact to his helmet" doesn't matter.

In this NFL, you are not allowed to launch at a QB with your helmet, ever. On the other hand, you are allowed incidental contact (yes, even on the helmet) with a QB if it's part of the play and the QB still has the ball.

So, obviously, a) you don't know jack **** about football or the rules of football. b) that means when you say "the hit on Luck's head was a bad call that went in our favor" you're an idiot c) you're a damn dirty troll and you're teams not worth a **** when it doesn't get all the calls their way. Period.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
coltsfan1405":3ey6r8ut said:
Except all those teams lost to you, and we beat you.
That one just keeps flying right over your head.
I'll concede one thing to you, and that is that the Officials did beat the Seahawks, and the Colts went along for the ride.
Not a sore loser, a sore loser is one who loses in a fairly called match, and won't admit it.
Earning a win, and being bestowed a win are entirely two different things.

coltsfan1405

Reaction score
I got the grammar police over here and people telling me my team isn't good? Okay. You guys believe what you want but we beat you fair and square. Its a W for us and an L for you guys. When it comes down to it that's all that really matters. He didn't lead with his helmet he hit him with his shoulder but alrighty. My team is worth much more than the seahawks. We have actually meant something to football the past 10 years.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Is beastiality not illegal in Indiana? Those refs were making love to the colts, on live TV no less. For shame, the Colts loved every minute of it, as did their fans. It was a raunchy display that most NFL fans are just not into.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
coltsfan1405":25vd1g6l said:

Who is saying the refs are the only reason you won??? I don't recall anyone saying that. Colts played great. Seattle played less so, and made their share of mistakes, but still had 100 more yds offense. Why can't you just say that the one-sided officiating benefitted your team? Just be happy your team got away with a win and leave it at that. You're not going to convince anyone that this game wasn't slightly tainted.

pehawk

Reaction score
Steve Smith's pretty mad at the refs too. I love this guy, funny as hell...

Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith took responsibility for his own drops, but had plenty of blame to spread around.

Smith said Monday that the Caridnals’ coverage moved from physical to “molesting,” and took shots at umpire Dan Ferrell, calling him “garbage.”

“I got a [pass interference] penalty, which is very interesting. I got leg-humped and hugged a few times,” Smith said, via Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer. “Being a pretty good flag football player, I think I got my flag pulled on my jersey a few times. . . .

“I was told by the referee — whatever judge he was, No. 64. He told me on my route [that] I felt like I got held, where [Patrick Peterson] had the back of my jersey and used that to slingshot his way through and bat the ball down. He said he grabbed my jersey, he saw it, but he didn’t think it was enough that changed the course of the route.

“I’ve only been playing football for a little bit, just picked it up. So I said OK. I really believe years past I would’ve went off. But that’s what he felt and that’s what he said and he repeatedly explained it to me.”

Smith, who has enough self-awareness to make a joke about the time he broke his arm playing flag football in the offseason, knows full well that his comments might not sit well with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

“To be honest, I make enough money where if Roger wants to fine me he can,” Smith said. “But I really think that referee probably was the sorriest referee that I have ever met.

“When I dove for the first down [and] he was standing right there, he didn’t even acknowledge — he received a check that day and I hope he feels good. He was terrible. He was garbage.”

Of course, the same could be said of the game Ferrell was calling, which Smith had a hand and a leg in as well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... eg-humped/

scutterhawk

Reaction score
coltsfan1405":b2zly099 said:
Because ON THEIR OWN, the Colts did NOT playa better game than the Seahawks, it took the corrupt Officials to put this win in the books for the Colts.
The Colts are a pretty competitive group, that shouldn't need help from the Officials to secure a win, but that's what happened, and you're right, it really doesn't matter at this point.
Now there are probably some around here that might blow smoke up your ass with concessions, but I'm not one of them.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
pehawk":1qonueoo said:
Steve Smith's pretty mad at the refs too. I love this guy, funny as hell...

Panthers wide receiver Steve Smith took responsibility for his own drops, but had plenty of blame to spread around.

Smith said Monday that the Caridnals’ coverage moved from physical to “molesting,” and took shots at umpire Dan Ferrell, calling him “garbage.”

“I got a [pass interference] penalty, which is very interesting. I got leg-humped and hugged a few times,” Smith said, via Joe Person of the Charlotte Observer. “Being a pretty good flag football player, I think I got my flag pulled on my jersey a few times. . . .

“I was told by the referee — whatever judge he was, No. 64. He told me on my route [that] I felt like I got held, where [Patrick Peterson] had the back of my jersey and used that to slingshot his way through and bat the ball down. He said he grabbed my jersey, he saw it, but he didn’t think it was enough that changed the course of the route.

“I’ve only been playing football for a little bit, just picked it up. So I said OK. I really believe years past I would’ve went off. But that’s what he felt and that’s what he said and he repeatedly explained it to me.”

Smith, who has enough self-awareness to make a joke about the time he broke his arm playing flag football in the offseason, knows full well that his comments might not sit well with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

“To be honest, I make enough money where if Roger wants to fine me he can,” Smith said. “But I really think that referee probably was the sorriest referee that I have ever met.

“When I dove for the first down [and] he was standing right there, he didn’t even acknowledge — he received a check that day and I hope he feels good. He was terrible. He was garbage.”

Of course, the same could be said of the game Ferrell was calling, which Smith had a hand and a leg in as well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... eg-humped/

Ha, that dude is funny. One day when Golden is pulling some big paychecks I can see him making comments like that.

Latest posts