Blocking on Carson's TD run

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1033332565309104128[/tweet]

Brian Baldinger annoyed the hell out of me last year when he made it his own personal crusade (this is a national-level writer, mind you) to point out Seattle's OL woes on Twitter at every opportunity. Local sources I get, but Baldinger must have had some grudge against Cable.

Anyway, here he is pointing out the blocking on Carson's TD run vs. MIN. It was almost entirely on the blocking. Glad to see he noticed Pocic's great game (he needed to get stronger and based on the MIN game I think he did), Ifedi sealing his guy, Fluker sealing Ifedi, and Solari calling trap plays.

This was against the #1 defense on the road.

This was also nice:

[youtube]1QgZX3UwxFQ[/youtube]

Look at our OL. They're not just improving. They're blowing the Vikings DL off the line. It's like a completely different unit. Individual efforts from the Vikings guys are what's limiting Carson at this point, not systematic lack of anywhere to go.

Also noting a lot of pulling blocks they're giving to Nick Vannett. Still rough around the edges, but it's giving Carson at least a bit of room.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Amen, man I love it. You can clearly see this unit is IMPROVING. At least Brian is highlighting that fact. I was watching NFL Gameday on NFL Network yesterday and when they showed highlights from the game, more than once they would say "Are we underestimating the Seahawks?"

Uh, ya think?!

With each passing week, get used to that narrative. I love the underdog role, always have. This team feels like the 2012 team all over again. I can feel it in my bones.

OpHawk

Reaction score
I actually appreciated Baldy putting a spotlight on the total O-Line failure last year. Every ounce on the scales to get the Cable/Bevell infection out of our system was welcome to me.

Steve2222

Reaction score
It is funny to me how the Seahawks have completely been written off. Quite disrespectful as well with a QB like Russell Wilson behind center.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I am impressed to see Baldy giving credit where it's due. It would be easier for him to pick one or two bad plays and say, "See, same ol' Seahawks," just to stick to the narrative. I too was annoyed as hell by him last year.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Yea, but what was the more annoying part?....that he kept pointing it out or the fact that he was right?

I thought they looked a lot better to my untrained eye as well but it is nice to hear it confirmed by somebody I believe knows what he is talking about.

Thank you very much for posting this up....great to hear. :irishdrinkers:

Go Hawks!

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":28re0lze said:
Brian Baldinger annoyed the hell out of me last year when he made it his own personal crusade (this is a national-level writer, mind you) to point out Seattle's OL woes on Twitter at every opportunity. Local sources I get, but Baldinger must have had some grudge against Cable.
I think he was just recognizing the unbelievably bad line last year. It was really that bad. I don't think anyone needed to harbor a grudge to do this. That line was easy pickins for any media personality. It had to frustrate the hell out of some to watch it drag the team down in utter waste for the year.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This improvement albeit incremental but very positive is what we have been looking for for a long time. An OLine that isn't just falling down, but is amazingly, you know, actually blocking someone.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Steve2222":1yi849q8 said:
It is funny to me how the Seahawks have completely been written off. Quite disrespectful as well with a QB like Russell Wilson behind center.

This is what I don't get. Now if we had a backup or league average or below average QB, I would understand it. But Russell Wilson is an elite franchise QB who very well may end up in Canton one day who can absolutely change the outcome of any game, at any time.

They may not be a Top 10 team at the moment, but I have every reason to believe with the current trajectory and (knocks on wood) if the injury bug stays at a minimum, we will be by year's end.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":3v21jajt said:
MontanaHawk05":3v21jajt said:
I think he was just recognizing the unbelievably bad line last year. It was really that bad

We weren't the only bad line last year. Yet Baldy specifically went after us, and he did it every. Single. Week.

I'm glad to see Baldy giving credit where it's due as well, but it's almost like he made it personal last year.

adeltaY

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1baszfrm said:
MD5eahawks":1baszfrm said:
MontanaHawk05":1baszfrm said:
I think he was just recognizing the unbelievably bad line last year. It was really that bad

We weren't the only bad line last year. Yet Baldy specifically went after us, and he did it every. Single. Week.

I'm glad to see Baldy giving credit where it's due as well, but it's almost like he made it personal last year.

I don't get why he wouldn't. The only line I could think of that was worse than ours overall last year was the Texans line and they were way better at run blocking than ours was. He also explained what they were doing wrong and a lot of it was obviously die to poor coaching in that guys either had no idea what they were doing or they were being asked to do something completely unrealistic.

Reaction score
Love seeing us use the trap. Remember us getting torched by Frank Clark when Solari was the line coach in SF.

HawkGA

Reaction score
coorslighthawk":3iaiyxkc said:
Love seeing us use the trap. Remember us getting torched by Frank Clark when Solari was the line coach in SF.

Frank Gore?

Seymour

Reaction score
OpHawk":1gdem809 said:
I actually appreciated Baldy putting a spotlight on the total O-Line failure last year. Every ounce on the scales to get the Cable/Bevell infection out of our system was welcome to me.

Exactly!!!
100% absolutely agree. The more outside pressure put on Cable (and Pete for keeping him) the better IMO.
It took what it took, and I was climbing walls over this issue going on 3 years, so guys Baldinger and also Shaun O'hara actually helped rid us of this bafoon the way I see it! :2thumbs:

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":36hzymcu said:
MD5eahawks":36hzymcu said:
MontanaHawk05":36hzymcu said:

That is called low hanging fruit! There was easy pickings and piss poor play that went on and on...EVERY SINGLE WEEK so it was well deserved the way I see it.

mrt144

Reaction score
Seymour":1ag1j1eh said:
OpHawk":1ag1j1eh said:

Exactly!!!
100% absolutely agree. The more outside pressure put on Cable (and Pete for keeping him) the better IMO.
It took what it took, and I was climbing walls over this issue going on 3 years, so guys Baldinger and also Shaun O'hara actually helped rid us of this bafoon the way I see it! :2thumbs:

Put another one down for being thankful for having our nose rubbed in it.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Seymour":1w4gewev said:
MontanaHawk05":1w4gewev said:
MD5eahawks":1w4gewev said:
MontanaHawk05":1w4gewev said:

That is called low hanging fruit! There was easy pickings and piss poor play that went on and on...EVERY SINGLE WEEK so it was well deserved the way I see it.

This is the case, I think. The run game was historically abysmal. Any team doing historically great would have a spotlight shone on them, and for good reason. Baldy was doing the same for bad play, showing why we couldn't compete on the ground or protect our QB regularly.

Latest posts