Boye Mafe

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
One name I don't hear talked about much is Boye Mafe. I haven't looked up his stats so far, but the eye test imo tells me he has made a significant jump from year one to year two. Maybe it's due to more playing time? Whatever it is, I hope they continue with it.

kidhawk

Reaction score
One name I don't hear talked about much is Boye Mafe. I haven't looked up his stats so far, but the eye test imo tells me he has made a significant jump from year one to year two. Maybe it's due to more playing time? Whatever it is, I hope they continue with it.
He’s been working through some injuries but he definitely balled out tonight.

bileever

Reaction score
Boye Mafe has been pretty good this year, which takes a little sting out of losing Uchenna Nwosu. So far he has 5 sacks, 6 TFLs and 9 QB hits (in 6 games, since he missed one game due to a knee injury), which translates to 13 sacks, 16 TFLs and 24 QB hits for the season. By comparison, Micah Parsons last year had 13.5 sacks, 13 TFLs and 26 QB hits, so those would be pretty good numbers.

On PFF, Mafe has a 79.5 grade, which ranks him at #20 among edge rushers, ahead of players like Montez Sweat, Danielle Hunter and Haason Reddick.

Last Sunday against the Browns might have been his best game so far. He had 1 sack, 8 tackles, 1 TFL, 4 QB hits and a fumble recovery.

sutz

Reaction score
Mafe is definitely earning his paychecks. Loving the idea of adding Williams to the mix for that inside/outside combo rush. Hopefully, they can balance out the snap counts on the rotation to keep them all fresh and strong.

• Love
Reactions: LTH

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Five straight games with a sack. He's approaching "DC's need to account for him" territory.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Mafe has been an absolute stud. If you look at more than just the stats...the man is a disruptor. I think he is a legit to 10 edge and still improving.

LTH

Reaction score
Mafe is definitely earning his paychecks. Loving the idea of adding Williams to the mix for that inside/outside combo rush. Hopefully, they can balance out the snap counts on the rotation to keep them all fresh and strong.
Can you just imagine the stunts and games this D line is capable of... it's exciting!

LTH

Last edited: