Bradford signed by Giants...

pehawk

Reaction score
Didn't a smart poster tell you guys the Giants may take him....?

pehawk":10g73l8l said:
I've always found it "odd" the Seahawks never have their PS rotation backfire on them. With Bradford, there's NO reason a team like the Giants, New Orleans, Atlanta, to name a few DONT make a play for him. He'd conceivably be an instant upgrade to their backups, and may be good enough to start on a few teams, IMO. So, what's stopping them?

Veilside

Reaction score
*Sigh* I don't know what we were thinking. He looked pretty damn solid to me. Maybe he wasn't?

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
No, he was solid. He's good. He'll start on the Giants, I bet.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Wow this seems like such a waste to drop him of all the fringe guys...major bummer

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Bummer. Pete completely developed Bradford from a RB to NFL-caliber LB. Now another team gets to reap the benefits.

Even though he wouldn't be more than a depth/role player here, that still sucks.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
The Giants are just benefiting from the Seahawks loaner program: See Justin Forsett and Michael Bennett.

We like the dude, we want him to develop, but we know its not going to happen here on the field. Let him go, let him get some experience, and he'll be back in a few years.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Look at it this way; good for Bradford. I learned to appreciate him. How can you not love a dude to worked VERY hard to make a roster? Plus, was there room for him with Avril and Irvin coming back?

I'm happy for him.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Sucky, I really, really, really hope that we do not release Mayowa at any time. He looks like a gamer. We are so stacked with DE's though, makes me nervous. (Clemons, Avril, Irvin, O'Brien, Mayowa) A lot of spots spoken for, I got to hope Mayowa plays so well in the next 3 games until Irvin is back that cutting him is impossible.

On the same note, don't want Williams or Kearse gone when Harvin returns either. Then I might be worried about Ware getting cut!! Yuck, roster limits suck, but Seattle benefited from them in the past so someone else can now. I think Bradford is going to be a good player in the NFL, maybe not Ray Lewis 2.0 but a good LB like heater was for us.

Jville

Reaction score
With the surplus of linebackers Seattle had, I'm happy that Bradford found a landing spot. :th2thumbs:

Fast forwading to Sunday night, I wonder if Chris Harper will get his first NFL start.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Perhaps he was good, but PC just didn't think he would thrive here. Good luck to Bradford.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
It'll be cool to see him go at Lynch, Sweezy, Carp, Breno etc in NY.

I don't know why, I just really liked him.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
12th_Bob":31c44etx said:
Sucky, I really, really, really hope that we do not release Mayowa at any time. He looks like a gamer. We are so stacked with DE's though, makes me nervous. (Clemons, Avril, Irvin, O'Brien, Mayowa) A lot of spots spoken for, I got to hope Mayowa plays so well in the next 3 games until Irvin is back that cutting him is impossible.

On the same note, don't want Williams or Kearse gone when Harvin returns either. Then I might be worried about Ware getting cut!! Yuck, roster limits suck, but Seattle benefited from them in the past so someone else can now. I think Bradford is going to be a good player in the NFL, maybe not Ray Lewis 2.0 but a good LB like heater was for us.

I think he'll be safe, simply because Irvin and Schofield are more LBers, whereas Clem, Avril and Mayowa are the true
LEO's.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1dnrar64 said:
Bummer. Pete completely developed Bradford from a RB to NFL-caliber LB. Now another team gets to reap the benefits.

Even though he wouldn't be more than a depth/role player here, that still sucks.

Maybe not. Interesting tidbit that Field Gulls' Danny Kelly retweeted:

Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider1h
Giants were awarded running back Allen Bradford off waivers, according to a source

The Giants were looking at running backs. Bradford might be going back on offense.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Plus Bennett and Bryant but they fit in the DT/DE rotational roster. Seems like we have a lot of DL/LB though even with Bradford gone.

We cut a lot of really good players this year and it's only the beginning of week 2.

rideaducati

Reaction score
pehawk":2ot0t68m said:

Anyone with a pulse signed by the Giants as a linebacker would start. They are desperate for help at that position. Way to step out on a limb there.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Shadowhawk":1cqw0iou said:
HawkFan72":1cqw0iou said:

Maybe not. Interesting tidbit that Field Gulls' Danny Kelly retweeted:

Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider1h
Giants were awarded running back Allen Bradford off waivers, according to a source

The Giants were looking at running backs. Bradford might be going back on offense.

Well, he did play RB for the Bucs when he was there.

And the Giants need both a RB and a LB, so maybe they want him as depth for both?

rideaducati

Reaction score
pehawk":1ach0byg said:

Anyone with a pulse signed by the Giants as a linebacker would start. They are desperate for help at that position. Way to step out on a limb there.