Bradley goes to the Jags

rideaducati

Reaction score
Congratulations to Gus. He was a part of the Seahawks defense before Pete got to Seattle and impressed Pete enough to earn the right to stay. He took one of the worst defenses in the league and turned it in to one of the best in the league. If Gus is given a good GM to work with, I think he'll do very well and I wish him the best except when the Jags play the Seahawks.

As for the next DC, I have faith in the Seahawk front office to make a good hire. I'm sure that most defensive coordinators do better when they are given good players to work with so it won't matter who they hire because John Schneider has already given the next guy a lot of really good players to work with.

Here's to hoping we see some pressure on QBs next season. :thirishdrinkers:

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
Think about the ties to nick holt.. I just shivered.. Please be Quinn.. Of Course just lke the draft we may have a WTF moment and then half way through next year we will all be like "I never doubted, oh pete and JS we love you..... slurp slurp.. just sayin

CANHawk

Reaction score
Killa Kam":a1qtxtl5 said:
Am i the only one that finds it funny that all of the credit goes to Pete but all of the Defense's blame goes to Bradley. I don't believe this is all that big of a loss because the system we run is mostly Pete's but to put the blame of our Defensive lapses strictly at the hand of Bradley is wrong imo.

But that's what lackeys are for!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Scottemojo":yf34jdhf said:
We play Jacksonville next year. With Bradley's insider knowledge, what should be an easy game just got a bit tougher.
Nope, a soft zone - prevent defense is easily beatable!

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Jake Hawks":16yrhpb3 said:
HawksSoc":16yrhpb3 said:
On the article on the subject on nfl.com;
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... uars-coach

It states that the Hybrid system we run was Bradley's thing, "Bradley favored", I was under the impression this was Pete's system?

Also go go Jason Babin to be Bradley's new Leo!
The article also says we pressured the quarterback all season.

Yeah that was one of my favorite quotes of that, after I finished reading it earlier I just sighed and stuck it up here so my .net brethren could tear it asunder!

bellyfat

Reaction score
Scottemojo":h9xq98gx said:
We play Jacksonville next year. With Bradley's insider knowledge, what should be an easy game just got a bit tougher.

WE ARE NOT LOSING AT HOME.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
I must be the only one who has been pretty darn unhappy with our defense for a while?

All anyone talks about is how great Seattle's defense is. Is that really true? How many games did the offense lose us vs how many games did the defense lose us? You can really only pin ONE lose on the offense, and that was Week 1.

The fact that Sherman and Thomas, and to a lesser extent Browner, Chancellor, Wagner, Clemons are such amazing individual players has masked the fact that our defense (schematically mostly) has been average at best most of the time. Don't get me wrong, the defense has had some amazing games, but usually against dysfunctional teams.

Clearly our line is the biggest problem followed by the linebackers and don't forget the nickel corner spot.

Wheres the turnovers? Wheres the pass rush? Whats going on with 3rd down?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
nwgamer":2qyacqpj said:
The Jags new GM already stated he wasn't bringing in Tebow. Now the Flynn issue is another story.
He can say whatever he wants. He still works for the owner and the owner needs to sell tix. Tebow will sell tix.......for a while.

themunn

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":3lngpe87 said:
I must be the only one who has been pretty darn unhappy with our defense for a while?

All anyone talks about is how great Seattle's defense is. Is that really true? How many games did the offense lose us vs how many games did the defense lose us? You can really only pin ONE lose on the offense, and that was Week 1.

The fact that Sherman and Thomas, and to a lesser extent Browner, Chancellor, Wagner, Clemons are such amazing individual players has masked the fact that our defense (schematically mostly) has been average at best most of the time. Don't get me wrong, the defense has had some amazing games, but usually against dysfunctional teams.

Clearly our line is the biggest problem followed by the linebackers and don't forget the nickel corner spot.

Wheres the turnovers? Wheres the pass rush? Whats going on with 3rd down?

You can MAYBE pin the Rams game on special teams, no way can you put it on the defense though, essentially gave up 4 field goals, 2 of 58 and 60 yards and the other of 48 yards, despite shortened fields due to 2 interceptions (the third didn't really impact the score in the end).

I think that game is on the offense, moreso than the Arizona game where the defense allowed Kolb to breeze his way to a TD
and someone has to take the blame for SF. No matter how good your defense is, you don't win games when you score 6 points.
Unless you're playing a Charlie Whitehurst/Justin Forsett tag team