Britt...

peppersjap

Reaction score
As far as I know Britt hasn't missed a snap all year because of injury so he is already a huge plus in my book! He is not a big fatty and is actually in shape so another plus! I think he has been a huge success in his 1st year mostly because it is his 1st year........this guy will be a solid NFL lineman!

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Tough to come from his college system and then be thrown into ours at RT, in a division with arguably three of the top 10 D-lines in the NFL.

I kind of feel sorry for the kid. Miller was hiding some of those limitations at the start of the season, but since then it's become apparent he's not fit to protect our QB right now. Trouble is, despite all the preaching of competition, we don't appear to have any at RT. Bailey's needed as LG, LT cover, and there's no way Gilliam's better.

No doubt he has potential, but that's the future. I'd be surprised if we didn't bring in another RT to provide him with some real competition next season.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
BillHawks":2eg94hff said:
He's probably the best rookie RT. It's hard to plug a rookie into any line, but especially difficult when it's the Seahawks line and you have Russell Wilson running around behind you. I like him after 1 year better than I liked Carp after 2.

Really? All the other rookie RT must suck bad cause Britt has been awful

Mick063

Reaction score
A turnstile as a pass blocker. A clip waiting to happen when the run goes to the opposite side. Otherwise, not bad for a rookie.

Gut feeling: He may improve, but I doubt he will ever be considered one of the better RTs in the league.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":3o2ob5pz said:
The whole line except for LJP had a bad day. As badly as Britt played, I was particularly disappointed with Sweezy's performance and brain farts.

I hate to throw gasoline on Bevell, but I just don't understand why he would not call more run plays in the first half. It seemed like we really started to commit to the run in the second half and that helped solidfy our OL play.

Go back and read what you just wrote. If the rest of the OL is having a 'bad day,' how can you say the Center -the QB of the offensive line who is supposed get the rest of the players to target the right areas- had a good day?!

There is a reason why the overall play of the line picks up noticeably when Unger is in. He might not be as athletic and might not win as many physical battles as LJP, but being the nerve center of the line is way more important than that.

Oh, and regarding the 'throwing gasoline' on Bevell, I suggest you not waste if you must throw it. In his post game conference, he said he had many run plays dialed up, but they had to check out of them based upon defensive formation.

Largent80

Reaction score
Before the season started did anyone think he wouldn't have growing pains and the team would have to make up for it somehow?

How about Sweezy, Okung and Carp yesterday, continuously making stupid pre snap fouls at this time of the year after a season full of them. I'm more worried about THOSE guys than Britt.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
RobBaker7714409":2689mtqa said:
Kinda wish we wouldn't have let Bowie go.

Really? Britt got abused today no question, but I think his future is bright indeed. As others have intimated, the fact that he never knows exactly where Wilson is going to be behind him makes it exponentially more difficult to stop a guy who can clearly see exactly where he is going. Wish he were better now, but that could be McQuistan standing in there and being spun round like a whirling dervish.

Melencause

Reaction score
nolachawks":12d43uux said:
Allright 12's, what's our thoughts on Britt?
He's a rookie offensive lineman. Prob one of the most difficult sports to start as a rookie. Does good run blocking I expect his pass blocking to improve as he gets seasoned.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Melencause":1a2f8dvu said:
nolachawks":1a2f8dvu said:
Allright 12's, what's our thoughts on Britt?
He's a rookie offensive lineman. Prob one of the most difficult sports to start as a rookie. Does good run blocking I expect his pass blocking to improve as he gets seasoned.

Amen. And he's HEALTHY. At this point we can't look past a guy who can at least stay healthy.

And really it his penalties that hurt us more than the missed blocks. I doubt we'd have this and many previous threads if it weren't for those. The hold was brutal. He's had a few of those lately. But you know what, I'll take a hold over letting a bandit come full speed at Russell while he's blind. Give him a year and someone to teach him, he'll get better.

Ozzy

Reaction score
He has been terrible in pass protection. Not just rookie bad but bad regardless. He has to improve and I'm not sure he physically can protect against outside pressure. He has looked very good in the running game at times and flashes but he may not stay on the outside honestly. I wonder why Bailey hasn't seen any time out there. I hope he gets better and maybe the sky is the limit, I'm not convinced at this point. I hope I'm wrong though and he seems like a great guy. Pulling for him.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Guy has 2 holding penalties, 2 clipping penalties, and 3 false starts on the season and suddenly he is a penalty machine?

There is an insane amount of confirmation bias on this board regarding our O-line.

-bsd

djakio

Reaction score
It was sad to watch yesterday. If Russell didn't get rid of the ball in 1.5 seconds, Britt was spun around looking dumbfounded as to what just happened. Went back and watched the replay, and almost every single time Russell was in trouble or sacked, Britt had some sort of contribution. He missed some key run blocks too. The one that comes to mind first is an off-tackle run to the right where he tried to cut Brooks(I think) and basically just fell face first into the grass letting Lynch take a hit in the backfield. I see some praise in this thread for him staying healthy, but it's hard to get hurt when you don't engage in more than 1 second of physical contact per play. I hope he improves but man it sure is frustrating to watch.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
Hes played 100% of the offensive snaps this year while dealing with growing pains. This will help him grow next year just as it did for Sweezy from his 1st to 2nd year, I expect good things from him the in future but I also expected the Seahawks to game plan a bit more to provide a little more assistance on his end