Brock ain't looking so Purdy.

GemCity

Reaction score
Baltimore put a whooping on us so, I feel the Niners pain.

The Ravens are the team to beat.

RedAlice

Reaction score
In the NFC, seems wide open here at week 16.

Niners have shown their chinks. Strong team, but yes QB matters.

Rams are gelling and what was expected to be a learning year now looks good. Only NFC team w a SB winning QB and he’s playing his top game. Can’t discount a D w 99 on it.

Bucs? I don’t know much about them.

Eagles are imploding. Beat the lowly Giants to end a 3 loss skid and seem to have lost their fierceness. Was a map to beat them shown and can they turn that? Hurts has something to prove tho, so they are still to be reckoned with IMO.

Dallas is a fraud team no matter how many times Dak tries to impersonate the Hulk in his media closeups.

Jefferson being back has given the Vikes some life. But, the rest of the team seems like a mess.

Packers seem listless even tho Love is good.

Hawks? You all have as much as an opportunity as any other NFC team right now, but IMO seem to play confused, hot and cold.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
In the NFC, seems wide open here at week 16.

Niners have shown their chinks. Strong team, but yes QB matters.

Rams are gelling and what was expected to be a learning year now looks good. Only NFC team w a SB winning QB and he’s playing his top game. Can’t discount a D w 99 on it.

Bucs? I don’t know much about them.

Eagles are imploding. Beat the lowly Giants to end a 3 loss skid and seem to have lost their fierceness. Was a map to beat them shown and can they turn that? Hurts has something to prove tho, so they are still to be reckoned with IMO.

Dallas is a fraud team no matter how many times Dak tries to impersonate the Hulk in his media closeups.

Jefferson being back has given the Vikes some life. But, the rest of the team seems like a mess.

Packers seem listless even tho Love is good.

Hawks? You all have as much as an opportunity as any other NFC team right now, but IMO seem to play confused, hot and cold.
As much as a Hawks homer I am, I really don't believe we have a shot even if we get into the dance. But weird shit happens in the postseason, so hope springs eternal.

94Smith

Reaction score
As much as a Hawks homer I am, I really don't believe we have a shot even if we get into the dance. But weird shit happens in the postseason, so hope springs eternal.
The wildcard teams that have made a run in recent history are the NY Giants . Those dangerous teams this year seem to be the Rams and the Buffalo Bills

RedAlice

Reaction score
The wildcard teams that have made a run in recent history are the NY Giants . Those dangerous teams this year seem to be the Rams and the Buffalo Bills

These are the seven NFL Wild Card teams who have won the Super Bowl:
Oakland Raiders (1980)
Denver Broncos (1997)
Baltimore Ravens (2000)
Pittsburgh Steelers (2005)
New York Giants (2007)
Green Bay Packers (2010)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2020)

LastRideOut

Reaction score
For all the flak I've given Purdy for the loss to the Ravens, he at least has his head screwed on right;

“I have to look myself in the mirror and ask myself why or how that happened and why I made those decisions,” Purdy said. “Our team came ready to play and for me to make some decisions like that, it pains me. It’s not fair to these guys. I have to realize that and understand that, and I have to get better for my team.”

Article HERE.

This contrasts sharply with Russ's horse blinders comments every week, such as his most recent comments after the loss to NE;

“I’m just worried about next week and playing great football. I came here to win and win a championship for us and to find a way to do that. I obviously love being here with these guys, these teammates. I’m excited to keep playing ball and playing hard for us.”

Article HERE.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
For reference, here's what Peyton Manning had to say after the Super Bowl drubbing at the hands of the Seahawks:

"I’m disappointed for our entire team,” Manning said. “We worked hard to get to this point. Overcame a lot of obstacles. Put in a lot of hard work just to have this opportunity. But to finish this way, it certainly is disappointing. It’s a bitter pill to swallow.”

I'd say Brock is suffering from martyr syndrome. He wasn't solely responsible for last night's loss. They just lost to a better team last night.

Latest posts