Bruce Arians on Seattle...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Arians calls a fearless game. Perhaps 2 other coaches can say that. He uses his personnel to their talents. Players always know where they stand with him, the media only just sees his bluntness.

OP
OP
Hasselbeck

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2uz89r9d said:
Hasselbeck":2uz89r9d said:
pehawk":2uz89r9d said:
How so? I don't see the parallel.

I attribute the Cardinals success to Arians. There's nothing flukey about it, at all. Dude's the best coach in the game right now, period. Some teams are good because of great OL's, some because of a great QB, some a great defense. For the Cardinals they're good because of Arians.

He's a great coach, but I wouldn't say he's the best in football. The Cardinals have caught several breaks all season.. namely, getting Brandon Weeden instead of Romo. The Chargers punting away the opener. The Eagles blowing the game late. Jerome Boger royally screwing the Lions late in the game last week.

I mean.. yes.. credit where credit is due, the Cardinals are taking advantage of these opportunities and winning games.. but I don't think they're the class of the NFC. Much like the Panthers in 2008.. that team tied for the best record in the conference and got trucked in the playoffs.

Now I'm not saying the Seahawks are the class of the NFC .. far from it right now.. but I think the Cardinals are a mirage. No matter how great Arians is.

That's the kind of thing the people kept saying about us last year.

Not really... we were widely seen as the top dog in the NFC. A lot of people aren't sold on Arizona.. which really doesn't mean anything end of the day if they keep winning obviously, but many picked Seattle to win it all last year over the duration of the entire season. No one is really doing that now.

Just think the team is a facade.. much like the 08' Panthers *shrug*

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I said it last year, and I'll say it again this year. Arians should be coach of the year.

- bsd

drdiags

Reaction score
Arians is good for the Cardinals. Whisenhunt and Graves couldn't get it done and Arians took what was left along with Kiem and look at them now. Gutsy call on Honey Badger last year and with the addition of Buchanon and others, their secondary is balling.

He has a nice back story and I respect him more now than I did when he was with Indy. I just hated him because of his Pittsburgh connection and those stupid gadget play our knucklehead defense couldn't stop in XL.

He has quickly put the Cardinals back in the mix for top-dog in the division. Thought the Palmer experiment was going to blow-up on him last year and it didn't. Rams get a QB and this division will continue to be hell to pay to come out on top.

Hope Harbaugh sticks around because he motivates our fanbase to a crazy level of hate. Arians talks junk too, so I am sure this temporary respect will turn to disdain as he starts taking your lunch. Fisher as well. Hope the division can keep this rough edge to it for awhile.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I really want to hate Arians, but I can't bring myself to.

I'll guess I'll just have to hate his taste in hats.

L169_CIFR7abbbd562f1f35d3b91da8f46a345349.jpg

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
The hats are definitely bad. At least that's some fodder to make fun of, even if our own Matt Hasselbeck used to wear similar crap.

chet380

Reaction score
firebee":1jyvz010 said:
Hey... I love Arian's hat. My favorite type of hat. The only type of hat I'll wear anymore.

Great for rainy weather -- when the rain stops, roll it up and put in the pocket of yr reincoat

RiverDog

Reaction score
razgriz737":1k5ne5a5 said:
I really want to hate Arians, but I can't bring myself to.

Yea, it's a lot harder to think of Arians as a villain than it is Jim Harbaugh.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Doesn't take much to be less of a villain than Harbaugh.

Step 1: Successfully integrate yourself into adult society.
Step 2: Boom, you're already way past there.

But yeah, definitely respect Arians.

Latest posts