Bruce Arians stunned facial expression

Boycie

Reaction score
kearly":28cxy44y said:
There were a lot of moments in this game I'll never forget, the best being BeastQuake2. The second best one seems to have been missed by most, but was so iconic to me.

I forget which play it happened on, I think it was in the second half, but the NBC camera cut to Bruce Arians on the sideline- jaw agape- in total stunned silence. It kind of reminded me of the look on Jim Harbaugh's face in 2012 when his team got creamed 42-13 in Seattle, a look that said "oh crap, I'm boned aren't I?".

There was also another moment in the game when Arians could be seen running up his sideline after a big Seahawks play, literally just ranting and raving to himself. I kept thinking "who's he yelling at? He chasing somebody?" Thirty yards later he's still running and still fuming, and I realize he's talking to himself. It was an amazing moment.

If anyone has a DVR tuner and can gif these, that would be so cool.
I thought he was chasing down a ref, but the ref wasn't there.

AVL

Reaction score
Someone should Photoshop Arian's face onto sheriff Buford T. Justice body pulling the toilet paper train to the sound of "I shot the sheriff".

olyfan63

Reaction score
hawkfan68":gyyh9wuu said:
If I was Arians, I would have the same expression. His game plan stunk for this game, especially offensively. Defensively, this is the first time all season that Arizona's blitzing game plan failed them. Yes, they did lose 3 other games but really they were still effective getting pressure and sacks. This time around they failed. Arizona only had 1 sack for the game last night. They gave up chunks of yardage on run defense (267 yards) and stopping the run was their bread/butter on defense. The Seahawks have a blueprint of how to beat the Cards' defense by using their aggressiveness against them. It worked so good last night. Hope Atlanta or Carolina was taking notes.

Atlanta already beat them, so you are psychic, just with bad timing ;-)
Bevell, Wilson, and Cable probably took notes on that game to help us last night.
Game summary: Matt Ryan + Julio Jones > "Toast" Peterson.

Agreed, with all AZ's key injuries, they are up against it. If they get Stanton back, they should be competitive with a chance to win against SF and also against a 1st round playoff opponent.

All else aside, Arians is a damn good coach. Arizona is such an awkward team to play against... midway thru the 2nd quarter, we are dominating, but have only a 7-3 lead to show for it, and are starting deep in our end of the field, again. Then Willson 80 yard TD happened. Even then, after continuing to dominate, late in the 3rd quarter, IIRC, we're only up 14-6 and starting inside our own 10. Arizona almost kept this to a one-score game into the 4th quarter. Then the house of Cards finally came tumbling down...

I still see the Cardinals giving other teams fits, with that defense, if Stanton can go. AZ played our read-option so well... they use Safeties to spy on Wilson. Maybe that was what helped create the opening we took advantage of with Willson. Other teams don't exactly have Russell Wilson and Beastmode and the read option. It may have been our unique combination of threats that did in AZ, once we figured out how to exploit them properly.

And I think Arians will recover and get his guys back on board and focused for the playoffs. It would be wonderful if they knocked off Green Bay or Dallas for us.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't want to pick on Steve because he is an excellent kicker and simply had an off night, but the only points AZ got came on short fields after missed field goals.

As for the Cardinals' defense, they are good. However, what kept us from being far ahead earlier in the game was self-inflicted damage in the form of dumb penalties.

This game really wasn't close in any way, shape or form.

morgulon1

Reaction score
pehawk":mqohg4fw said:
Arians absolutely just emotionally depleted his team. I respect his instinct to go for broke, but, man, he killed them for next week and beyond. If you watched his post game press conference, you saw how dejected Arians was. He knows his team is toast.

That my friend is the other side of the self assured ,stylish ,cocky kango wearing "big dick walk" when it all goes horribly wrong. Where do you go from there?

morgulon1

Reaction score
morgulon1":p23yzm3h said:
pehawk":p23yzm3h said:
Arians absolutely just emotionally depleted his team. I respect his instinct to go for broke, but, man, he killed them for next week and beyond. If you watched his post game press conference, you saw how dejected Arians was. He knows his team is toast.

That my friend is the other side of the self assured ,stylish ,cocky kango wearing "big schlong walk" when it all goes horribly wrong. Where do you go from there?

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Some where around that time, with mouth hanging open, he sort of glanced at his big play sheet in his hand and then let his hand drop back to his side limply with a look that said, "This ******* thing is useless."