Bruce Irvin and ADB call out Evan Mathis on Twitter

taz291819

Reaction score
conman14":348az281 said:
The only thing I know that the Hawks do is make the rookies buy snacks or something, and that's from the RRR. Do they do anything else that we know of? Presumably it's not the same as 64 grand for what seems to be a lot of wine....

If I remember correctly, I think the rookies had to pick up Jimmie John's on the day of a flight out of town. Couldn't have cost them more than $200 a piece.

253hawk

Reaction score
All I ever see from the Hawks are rookies picking up snacks for the plane flights (because, you know...plane food...)

Every team should be required to have a player viewing of 30 for 30's 'Broke'.

McG

Reaction score
What a bunch of drunks, I hope this wasn't just the players. If so, then there are a lot of dudes that need help. Either way, this is bullying and a joke. It shows how reckless these guys are with their money. This is why these morons go broke 5 years after they stop playing. A new luxury car or a night out drinking?

McG

Reaction score
253hawk":1fhrby39 said:

This is exactly what I was thinking about when writing my previous post.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Lol, this stuff in comical and why I love Russell Wilson.

Wilson contacts and pays for his teammates travel fares even fringe players to "work out" over the off-season.

I can barely pay rent, some people in the world can't even eat and these douchebags are throwing 15000-75000 down for "just for laughs" rite of passage dinner. No wonder rookies from 2005-2010 cost an arm and a leg to sign.

Damn... if they are going to at least make a spectacle out of it... at least make the rookies pay for the dinner but the vets pool their money together and match the receipt amount and give it to charity. They can have their fun but at least it would be somewhat benficial and good hearted instead of making someone waste $64,000 dollars in one night.

Also, the more I think about I can't wait for Wilson to get paid and I'm glad he's divorced because he know has all the time on his hands to devote it to Football and his craft. Soon he'll make bank, and I can't imagine how unselfish he'd be with all that money especially in a team aspect.

Maybe 1 week turns into 2 weeks of training at Hermosa Beach. Maybe Earl and Sherm pitch in and get the defense to join in the training.

Maybe Wilson will pay to get his WRs together for a week in July and get some early work in before training camp.

All this time it was thinking does Wilson take less money for the team... now in consideration, whatever money he gets he'll no doubt put it towards the good of the team. Whatever happens its win-win.

Happy

Reaction score
253hawk":3klcr222 said:

QFT

Most of the young men contributing to that Del Frisco's are going to have a lifetime of regret over the way they squandered the money they made playing pro ball.

'cept the guy who ordered the iced tea ;) . Whoever he is, he'll probably be fine. That made me laugh.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Happy":2kj0t491 said:
253hawk":2kj0t491 said:

QFT

Most of the young men contributing to that Del Frisco's are going to have a lifetime of regret over the way they squandered the money they made playing pro ball.

'cept the guy who ordered the iced tea ;) . Whoever he is, he'll probably be fine. That made me laugh.

While I agree, this is likely what their lifestyle is like, technically in this case they didn't squander a damn cent.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
This bill is a hoax. Mathis spent time creating the bill, to see how the national media would react. If you look closely, you'll see the first letter of each item on the bill spells: rock paper scissors roshambo

He is a tricksy one, that Mathis. Still, I don't really know what the end game was supposed to be, other than to rile people up, which is an obvious reaction. Other than that...what?

McGruff

Reaction score
Ziggyy108":1cmfvphi said:
Smelly McUgly":1cmfvphi said:
What I got reinforced for me after reading this is that Red Bryant is an awesome dude and I wish he were still here.

Yea I miss Red ..... Mebane is a big part of the culture here as well though. Im glad we still have him.

I think when the story of this team is written, we will find Brandon Mebane plays a much larger role than we ever knew.

Mick063

Reaction score
There is a history of players refusing to play for specific teams.

John Elway, Eli Manning come to mind. If I was a top prospect, so far, the Eagles and wherever Incognito plays would be on my list. I imagine the Dolphins are undergoing major culture change at the moment so perhaps they might actually be a good landing spot now.

On draft night, I would show a picture of the restaurant bill to the press as the reason I would not play for a specific team, diverting negative attention toward them and not me. If I landed on a team like that, I would use a "Jonathon Martin" approach, though I would do it more tactfully than Martin did. The actions being much more deliberated and planned. Finally, I would refuse to go out to dinner with any "team mates" to begin with unless I was assured I would not be stuck with an outrageous bill.

There is a graded approach to this. A couple hundred bucks is much different then tens of thousands.

This pisses me off. I hope the Eagles suck this year and Kelley scratches his head wondering why he can't get his rookie's head in the game.

no4mk1

Reaction score
RockinHawks":1gkeelfl said:
This bill is a hoax. Mathis spent time creating the bill, to see how the national media would react. If you look closely, you'll see the first letter of each item on the bill spells: rock paper scissors roshambo

He is a tricksy one, that Mathis. Still, I don't really know what the end game was supposed to be, other than to rile people up, which is an obvious reaction. Other than that...what?

Holy crap... Thought you were kidding. That actually makes the whole thing pretty damn funny. Not a good PR move, but still pretty damn funny.

ShyCheetah

Reaction score
This rookie dinner thing actually happens and not just in football. Its a well known fact around here that the Vancouver Canucks do it every year. But the cost is split by all rookies that make the team. You always hear about a rookie showing up with his as well as his mom and dads credit Cards that night. Nhl players are drafted at 18 but usually dont make the show till 21-22.

Shy

Basis4day

Reaction score
Pretty funny hoax.

That being said these sorts of dinners do happen and it wasn't so long ago that the Seahawks did as well. Patrick Kearny was known to order several porterhouses for his dogs on the rookies dime.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Similar thing happened to a friend of mine when joining a sales team with Microsoft, back when everyone was making boat loads of money there.

Ended up being like 6K..... Of course his manager is the one who ok's the expense reports so it was all good. But the shock in my buddies eyes when he was presented the check and told his party all left was hilarious!

kearly

Reaction score
I had my suspicions once I read $37.50 for Asparagus.

253hawk

Reaction score
no4mk1":18y6md8k said:
RockinHawks":18y6md8k said:

Holy crap... Thought you were kidding. That actually makes the whole thing pretty damn funny. Not a good PR move, but still pretty damn funny.

Still kind of dumb, especially in the wake of all the Incognito/Martin stuff and the NFL wanting to appoint special HR people to each team to stop this kind of crap. What was he trying to prove? That he's a douche? Mission accomplished.

McG

Reaction score
Hoax? This is supposed to be funny? Normally I don't call for Roger to make someone whip out the old check book, but I think after all that happened in Miami last year he should make Mathis and anyone else involved in this "hoax" actually pay what the bill is to a NFL charity. Grow up.