Bruce Irvin suspended

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
McGruff":2dkvgzbo said:
Lets see . . . Bruceut on 20 pounds of muscle in three months with no sacrifice to speed or agility?

You guys really think this is adderall?

Whatever it is I hope it was worth it.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SDHawk":2rkcsy05 said:
JSeahawks":2rkcsy05 said:
And the whole issue is simple to me. Either you can be outraged, or you can just shrug it off and realize life and football season goes on. Not saying one stance is right and the other is wrong. Personally, I don't care what the Seahawks do off the field. I don't care how they live their lives. I just want them to give 100% of their effort on the field. It sucks that he got caught and is going to miss 4 games, but i'm not going to kill him for it or think he's a terrible human.

As for baseball, it was a lot more entertainin when they juiced. Bring back the steroid era!!!

No one is asking for Bruce Irvin to be killed or think he's a terrible human being.

He is, however, very much an idiot. And those that read his google note and swooned are just as stupid.

What SHOULD matter to you is the fact that this is turning into a distraction and impairs the team. You can not deny this as it's clear that Bruce Irvin helps the team more by being on the field than not. What SHOULD also bother you, if you are a fan, is that this is turning into a trend. You think having 5-6 players busted for PEDs is in anyway a good thing for this team?

Where's the distraction? He's suspended 4 games, there's nothing anybody can do about it so just move on without him for those 4 weeks. There's no distraction there.

Maybe it galvanizes the team, brings them closer together and gives them an "us against the world" mentality. Maybe it helps keep Bruce fresh for the playoff run. Maybe it gives other guys a chance who will end up being even better then Bruce and makes us a deeper team eventually because of their experience.

If you watched The Real Rob Report last year when Browner was on his suspension, and then when he came back from his suspension you saw that its not a distraction at all, and that at least to me, it looked like it brought the guys closer and the team together.

Its not good for the team, and i'm not happy that any of our players got busted, I just don't think in the grand scheme of things its a big deal at all.

NinerLifer

Reaction score
So has it been reported yet what he actually took?

Do you guys believe this is an isolated incident or a trend that is starting to surface on your team?

bestfightstory

Reaction score
McGruff":27s2rerp said:
Lets see . . . Bruceut on 20 pounds of muscle in three months with no sacrifice to speed or agility?

Good to see somebody is thinking clearly.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Dear Adderall apologists and advocates,

If you let athletes take Adderall to purely enhance performance, every player would be put into a position where they would be much more inclined to take Adderall to maintain certain levels of competitiveness. It's a drug, a really powerful drug, and if it isn't regulated with punishments like fines, suspensions, and general shunning by the public (even then all of this is light punishment), we'll likely see many more of our favorite athletes develop chemical dependencies and role-model Adderall's use for a large chunk of our people.

None of us are above influence. When large news organizations runs stories about celebrity suicides, suicide rates increase slightly. When Coca-Cola once changed their Sprite logo to feature a larger picture of a lemon, they had to change it back because of the number of complaints about Sprite now tasting too "lemony" despite no changes to the drink's formula. When charter schools emphasize the importance of attending college from day one, many more of their students continue their education past high school. Some of these influences are good, some are bad, and some aren't really important at all but they're there, and there's no reason to believe any good can come from putting Adderall in a neutral light.

The "slippery slope" argument might be one of the least understood and most overused forms of argument in our culture but this is one of the situations where it very much applies. Once we open a certain level of social acceptability to a hard substance like Adderall (which we would considering how many of us watch the NFL), there's really no turning back. Just look at alcohol for a road map for how deep this rabbit hole can go. When it comes to brain altering chemicals, a lot of us aren't responsible. We're gullible, foolish, and short-sighted. We don't need another vice of the caliber of a drug like Adderall. In a more perfect world, we could shrug off something like Adderall without the need for rules, sure, but we're not in that more perfect world.

The Radish

Reaction score
NinerLifer":w5pe7arj said:

Do you guys believe this is an isolated incident or a trend that is starting to surface on your team?

Actually it was black tar heroin and they offered to let him walk if he would give up his supplier. When it turned out to be the coach of that team in San Francisco they decided it was a non penalty the same as his sideline antics, and went ahead and charged Irving telling they were sorry but politics is politics.

What part of the line (the NFL does not comment on what the banned substance was for any player ever) did you miss?

:roll:

McGruff

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2x7lp23j said:
McGruff":2x7lp23j said:

Whatever it is I hope it was worth it.

There's the bottom line, isn't it . . . Is Super-Bruce for twelve games better than normal Bruce for sixteen.

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Some of you here are very delicate and some of you ride an extremely high horse.

Hey Bruce, that's your mulligan and we'll see you in week five! Rub some dirt on your wounded pride and get back to work...we need you out there brother!

NinerLifer

Reaction score
The Radish":1s2g5es1 said:
NinerLifer":1s2g5es1 said:

Actually it was black tar heroin and they offered to let him walk if he would give up his supplier. When it turned out to be the coach of that team in San Francisco they decided it was a non penalty the same as his sideline antics, and went ahead and charged Irving telling they were sorry but politics is politics.

What part of the line (the NFL does not comment on what the banned substance was for any player ever) did you miss?

Holy smokes bro, take a chill pill. (That one's legal ;) )

Was merely wondering if it has been leaked by any source...not necessarily the NFL.

McGruff

Reaction score
NinerLifer":3ioi2zpl said:
The Radish":3ioi2zpl said:
NinerLifer":3ioi2zpl said:

Holy smokes bro, take a chill pill. (That one's legal ;) )

Was merely wondering if it has been leaked by any source...not necessarily the NFL.

Adderal . . . Which means it probably wasn't adderal.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
bellingerga":3pcyzgoe said:
BlueTalon":3pcyzgoe said:
I'll wait until I hear more details before passing judgment.
How many more details do you need if he's already said he won't appeal. Just curious. Seems like he just got busted doing something stupid and isn't going to try to deny it.
That first post was edited a number of times to include more information as it was becoming known. My post responded to just the first breaking announcement.

OreIdahawk

Reaction score
Not going to lie, I'm pretty upset about this. However on a brighter note, this does give my fellow Vandal Benson Mayowa a better chance to grab a roster spot. If only for 4 weeks.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":c6sngx79 said:
Dear Adderall apologists and advocates,

If you let athletes take Adderall to purely enhance performance, every player would be put into a position where they would be much more inclined to take Adderall to maintain certain levels of competitiveness. It's a drug, a really powerful drug, and if it isn't regulated with punishments like fines, suspensions, and general shunning by the public (even then all of this is light punishment), we'll likely see many more of our favorite athletes develop chemical dependencies and role-model Adderall's use for a large chunk of our people.

None of us are above influence. When large news organizations runs stories about celebrity suicides, suicide rates increase slightly. When Coca-Cola once changed their Sprite logo to feature a larger picture of a lemon, they had to change it back because of the number of complaints about Sprite now tasting too "lemony" despite no changes to the drink's formula. When charter schools emphasize the importance of attending college from day one, many more of their students continue their education past high school. Some of these influences are good, some are bad, and some aren't really important at all but they're there, and there's no reason to believe any good can come from putting Adderall in a neutral light.

The "slippery slope" argument might be one of the least understood and most overused forms of argument in our culture but this is one of the situations where it very much applies. Once we open a certain level of social acceptability to a hard substance like Adderall (which we would considering how many of us watch the NFL), there's really no turning back. Just look at alcohol for a road map for how deep this rabbit hole can go. When it comes to brain altering chemicals, a lot of us aren't responsible. We're gullible, foolish, and short-sighted. We don't need another vice of the caliber of a drug like Adderall. In a more perfect world, we could shrug off something like Adderall without the need for rules, sure, but we're not in that more perfect world.

Couldn't be more spot-on. Very well stated.

I'm embarrassed. This is embarrassing, as a fan; this really sucks. It may not be a distraction now, but the media will pounce...it's an obvious trend and anyone that doesn't think that this is becoming- or could become- a big deal is in flat-out denial.

I want to believe that Pete has had nothing to do with any of this, but obviously he didn't run an honest shop at SC...so why would or should I give him the benefit of the doubt here? If RW hadn't made him look like a genius last year and we finish 8-8 in that campaign, I'm thinking more folks would be questioning him right now.

Damn. Just...damn.

SDHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3n3wlyrk said:
Where's the distraction? He's suspended 4 games, there's nothing anybody can do about it so just move on without him for those 4 weeks. There's no distraction there.

Maybe it galvanizes the team, brings them closer together and gives them an "us against the world" mentality. Maybe it helps keep Bruce fresh for the playoff run. Maybe it gives other guys a chance who will end up being even better then Bruce and makes us a deeper team eventually because of their experience.

If you watched The Real Rob Report last year when Browner was on his suspension, and then when he came back from his suspension you saw that its not a distraction at all, and that at least to me, it looked like it brought the guys closer and the team together.

Its not good for the team, and i'm not happy that any of our players got busted, I just don't think in the grand scheme of things its a big deal at all.

There is something we can do about it. The league and FO can send a real message to the players that this is not acceptable behavior.

Like I said, it wasn't that big of a deal the first time around. But this is the 6th time we've heard about adderall in 2 years on just this team.

What if those 4 games end up being the difference for the division title? What if for those first 4 games, Clem isn't ready, Bennett's shoulder isn't at 100% and Avril struggles to adjust?

To throw more hypotheticals out there, let's say Bane or Red gets busted mid season for adderall for the nth offense on this team and they are suspended through a playoff push.

You would just say, "oh well, there aint ish we can do about it"? Your attitude is life and football move on... so to you it's not even worth making an effort to stop this trend? It's pretty clear you won't even acknowledge that the 6 times in 2 years is a bit ridiculous... you are in denial that action is required. In fact, you're suggesting that PED suspensions are actually a galvanizing force?!?

Forget adderall....
3pnik6

SE174

Reaction score
Young2Rice":3612egiu said:
brimsalabim":3612egiu said:
But what if he really needs the Aderall?

If he has a legit prescription, NFL requires that he must report it to the league. There is strict liability here. Where he knew about it or not doesn't matter.

There are others around the league who didn't realize that. I think Joe Haden is one of the more notable ones.
This was the case with John Moffitt.

SE174

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2eqgad35 said:
Rather than post apologies on Twitter, don't take PED's and get a four game suspension.

Then everybody wins.

Sorry, but it's Seahawks-tinted glasses time for anyone who sees that apology and wants to shrug their shoulders at this. "All in" means just that. Not "All in apart from the four games I'm going to miss for a stupid, bonehead mistake." I'll accept his apology when he's clutching a Super Bowl trophy.

We know he ****** up. There's nothing we can do about it now. He's being punished for it. Disparaging and hating him doesn't do anything except waste effort. If he messes up again, he's likely gone. Shit'll buff out.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
SDHawk":vwr4wpvk said:
JSeahawks":vwr4wpvk said:

There is something we can do about it. The league and FO can send a real message to the players that this is not acceptable behavior.

Like I said, it wasn't that big of a deal the first time around. But this is the 6th time we've heard about adderall in 2 years on just this team.

What if those 4 games end up being the difference for the division title? What if for those first 4 games, Clem isn't ready, Bennett's shoulder isn't at 100% and Avril struggles to adjust?

To throw more hypotheticals out there, let's say Bane or Red gets busted mid season for adderall for the nth offense on this team and they are suspended through a playoff push.

You would just say, "oh well, there aint ish we can do about it"? Your attitude is life and football move on... so to you it's not even worth making an effort to stop this trend? It's pretty clear you won't even acknowledge that the 6 times in 2 years is a bit ridiculous... you are in denial that action is required. In fact, you're suggesting that PED suspensions are actually a galvanizing force?!?

Forget adderall....

Or maybe we could just take it to congress! Let them handle it!

SE174

Reaction score
SoCalSeahawk":2hsetcep said:
Some of you here are very delicate and some of you ride an extremely high horse.

Hey Bruce, that's your mulligan and we'll see you in week five! Rub some dirt on your wounded pride and get back to work...we need you out there brother!
+12

Bunch of goddamned Chicken Littles in this thread.

kearly

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1n3yindq said:
Personally i'm not going to kill him for it. in fact, I really couldn't care less. Just hope he's ready to kick ass when he comes back.

I'm with you and I wish more fans would just relax. This isn't a big deal for the team or for Irvin. Now, if he gets suspended again in the future and sees a much bigger suspension, then I start to worry. But that seems unlikely. Everything's going to be alright, folks.