Bruce Irvin suspended

ensett

Reaction score
From dropping out of highschool, to his armed robberies to selling drugs to not knowing what team he's on, minorly the way he portrays himself on twitter, and this. I'm not his biggest fan. Him and Gronk are both morons, but at least Gronk has enough respect for himself, his teammates, and everybody thats supported him and stood up for him to not slap them all in the face with something as stupid as this

BamKam

Reaction score
T-Sizzle":uuiw1mdf said:
Love the team, love the reputation, love the drug use, love the image. I like them pushing the limits and personally have no issues with PED's. Just Win Baby.

If this team won the super bowl and 10 years from now you found out everyone was on PED's nobody would have a problem with it. Off your soap boxes.

Pretty much this. Seahawks are finally serious about football.

BamKam

Reaction score
ensett":1h9jb5kw said:
From dropping out of highschool, to his armed robberies to selling drugs to not knowing what team he's on, minorly the way he portrays himself on twitter, and this. I'm not his biggest fan. Him and Gronk are both morons, but at least Gronk has enough respect for himself, his teammates, and everybody thats supported him and stood up for him to not slap them all in the face with something as stupid as this

Are you talking about Maurice Clarrett?

Shaz

Reaction score
SirTed":2yi63n1n said:
The dude tried to get an edge and got caught. I'm disappointed for him, and the rest of the team, and

The "dumbass" talk is so aggravating.

A bunch of over weight, mostly non athletic, generally apathetic, internet junkies (I'm including myself here) want to pass judgment on what it's like for a premiere athlete, performing at a level at his job that most of us will never even know about or understand, yet are somehow secure enough to call him an idiot.

A guy who was probably just trying to live up to expectations this same group placed on him so he could avoid "bust" status, and make those same fan happy and proud.

Obviously, it was a mistake. He made it, he has to live with it, it should end there. Unless of course you have some kind of moral objection to "performance enhancing drugs" in which case, you should stop watching the NFL, and probably ALL sports because this shit is everywhere.

I'm not overweight, I'm pretty athletic and I have to keep my body in shape

Im in the ******* Army.

He's a dumbass, he should not have been doing it, there is no excuse.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Damn! Lets hope that he learns from this and doesn't repeat it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I can accept that he made a mistake...but to make this mistake AFTER all the stuff the team went through last year is what makes him stupid. It's a conscious decision to do something that others got caught for, with the idea that you will not get caught. It is playing with fire and it's dumb, especially after the NFL is going to be looking harder at all Seahawks since the NFL was embarassed by the Sherman situation when he got off scott free.

SirTed

Reaction score
HawkFan72":36sv067s said:
I can accept that he made a mistake...but to make this mistake AFTER all the stuff the team went through last year is what makes him stupid. It's a conscious decision to do something that others got caught for, with the idea that you will not get caught. It is playing with fire and it's dumb, especially after the NFL is going to be looking harder at all Seahawks since the NFL was embarassed by the Sherman situation when he got off scott free.

But doesn't it sound as if he got "caught" for it last year? When else would he have failed a test for PED's?

CaptBennett

Reaction score
Well, I guess Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett are going to get a lot of playing time in since CC and Bruce Irvin are out for the first few games.

Marvin49

Reaction score
BamKam":3cpgxnho said:
T-Sizzle":3cpgxnho said:
Love the team, love the reputation, love the drug use, love the image. I like them pushing the limits and personally have no issues with PED's. Just Win Baby.

If this team won the super bowl and 10 years from now you found out everyone was on PED's nobody would have a problem with it. Off your soap boxes.

Just...wow.

I'm not gonna try and stand on a high horse because players on just about every team will get popped for this....

....but to move to the point where you make it a positive and say that its a sign they take winning seriously.....WOW.

Dude was cheating. Plain and simple. If a Niner got hit for it I'd say the same...he cheated. I'm an SF Giants fan as well and I can't stand Melky Cabrera. Bonds years were pretty rough.

CaptBennett

Reaction score
Bruce Irvin on being Suspended:

"I want to apologize to my teammates, coaches and Seahawks fans for making a mistake when I took a substance that is prohibited in the NFL without a medical exemption," Irvin said in a statement. "I am extremely disappointed in the poor judgment I showed and take full responsibility for my actions. I will not appeal the discipline and instead will focus my energy on preparing for the season so I can begin earning your trust and respect again. I look forward to contributing to the team the moment I return."

vedthree

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2t1zr77s said:
I can accept that he made a mistake...but to make this mistake AFTER all the stuff the team went through last year is what makes him stupid....

Be interesting to find out when the failed test took place. Sometimes it takes months for this process to play out, so for all we know, he could've popped the test at some point last year when everyone else was getting busted for it.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
SirTed":179i1xmi said:
HawkFan72":179i1xmi said:

But doesn't it sound as if he got "caught" for it last year? When else would he have failed a test for PED's?

It sounds like the end of last year. If it was the same time as everyone else, he would have been suspended with everyone else.

It's pretty obvious that this happened AFTER the Browner/Sherman stuff (because he was not suspended at the same time), so at the end of the season.

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":2yic2pxh said:
BamKam":2yic2pxh said:
T-Sizzle":2yic2pxh said:

Just...wow.

I'm not gonna try and stand on a high horse because players on just about every team will get popped for this....

....but to move to the point where you make it a positive and say that its a sign they take winning seriously.....WOW.

Dude was cheating. Plain and simple. If a Niner got hit for it I'd say the same...he cheated. I'm an SF Giants fan as well and I can't stand Melky Cabrera. Bonds years were pretty rough.

I try not to engage the 49er fans, but this is TOO obvious. The 49ers got “popped” for their SB years, if not officially. Hell, Dennis Erickson was hired for the NFL equivalent of bowl ban years. Stop, please, you're looking dumb.