Bruce Irvin suspended

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
On the bright side his body will be in better shape come Super Bowl Sunday.

w00t

Reaction score
Scruggs, Clemons now Irvin? Damn.. that sucks. Let's hope none of our DE's get injured cause we're gonna be lookin' thin on that position.

Time to step up Ty Powell, Benson Mayowa and Kenneth Boatright

vedthree

Reaction score
Marvin49":1dg2rqwm said:
The 49ers got popped for modifying Brent Jones contract in order to sign rookie Jim Druckenmiller.

It was a helluva lot deeper than that and involved FAR more players - The 49ers invented fake years for contracts to stretch out cap hits. Star players like Young, Woodall & Jones would reduce salaries in exchange for "future services" then receive cash payments under the table so it didn't effect the cap.

It was the entire culture of the 49ers Front Office during the Policy/DeBartelo days. The only reason the entire scandal wound up swept under the rug is because the NFL lacked specific power in their Bylaws to hand down harsher punishments (a loophole they quickly closed afterwards) Policy had already moved on to the Browns, and the York family had cooperated with Tagliabue & the other owners to clean up and expose some of the mess left behind in San Fran. Policy dodged questions and made it clear that the NFL would have to bring out the heavy guns if they wanted to dig further.

Even then, Policy & Clark were given the harshest fines the NFL could hand down at the time (a loophole they immediately closed for future cap violations) 3 of the NFL's biggest power agents were also fined, and the Yorks cooperation kept the draft picks taken away from the 49ers on the lenient side.

Policy & DeBartelo themselves were nothing more than Cleveland Mobsters who obtained the veil of "legitimacy" by getting law degrees. Policy made his name by keeping Mob Killers out of jail and laundering their money, and he ran the 49ers with the same loose ethics. The fact that guys like that were involved with the NFL for as long as they were is a bigger black mark on the sport that all the players popping pills and smoking joints combined.

Hawks46

Reaction score
What I really want to know is:

WTF does Aderrall really do, and why am I not on it ?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Here's what I would like to happen.

PC gets every player in a room together and simply says: "The next player who takes Adderall and gets caught for taking it without league permission will be kicked off the football team, period, end of story."

No excuse for this crap at this point.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chawx":1kxw7bgu said:
People are going to start calling us the, Seadderall Seahawks
Yeah,,You should post that on all the other fan boards, as there just ain't enough toungs wagging about the Seahawks by mediots.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Hawks46":3jr2xxy8 said:
What I really want to know is:

WTF does Aderrall really do, and why am I not on it ?

Aids in the ability to grow dreads.

rastahawk

Reaction score
Ah the inevitable demise of the Seattle sports fan. Every time we get a whiff of something good a monkey jumps in from nowhere and rips our testicles out.

Marvin49

Reaction score
vedthree":2q72nwna said:
Marvin49":2q72nwna said:
The 49ers got popped for modifying Brent Jones contract in order to sign rookie Jim Druckenmiller.

It was a helluva lot deeper than that and involved FAR more players - The 49ers invented fake years for contracts to stretch out cap hits. Star players like Young, Woodall & Jones would reduce salaries in exchange for "future services" then receive cash payments under the table so it didn't effect the cap.

It was the entire culture of the 49ers Front Office during the Policy/DeBartelo days. The only reason the entire scandal wound up swept under the rug is because the NFL lacked specific power in their Bylaws to hand down harsher punishments (a loophole they quickly closed afterwards) Policy had already moved on to the Browns, and the York family had cooperated with Tagliabue & the other owners to clean up and expose some of the mess left behind in San Fran. Policy dodged questions and made it clear that the NFL would have to bring out the heavy guns if they wanted to dig further.

Even then, Policy & Clark were given the harshest fines the NFL could hand down at the time (a loophole they immediately closed for future cap violations) 3 of the NFL's biggest power agents were also fined, and the Yorks cooperation kept the draft picks taken away from the 49ers on the lenient side.

Policy & DeBartelo themselves were nothing more than Cleveland Mobsters who obtained the veil of "legitimacy" by getting law degrees. Policy made his name by keeping Mob Killers out of jail and laundering their money, and he ran the 49ers with the same loose ethics. The fact that guys like that were involved with the NFL for as long as they were is a bigger black mark on the sport that all the players popping pills and smoking joints combined.

SMDH.

There is just too much BS there to even respond to. Its a pointless endeavor to even try. Your comments about DeBartolo and Policy in particular are laughable.

I didn't post in this thread to get into a debate about Seattle being cheaters. I said it would be naive to assume every person on any given team was clean.

I'm not even saying its a locker room culture thing....but something is going on there when that many players get popped in that short a time.

grizbob

Reaction score
Aros":328x6ljv said:

PC gets every player in a room together and simply says: "The next player who takes Adderall and gets caught for taking it without league permission will be kicked off the football team, period, end of story."

:13: nuf said

JSeahawks

Reaction score
grizbob":3flt3xl6 said:
Aros":3flt3xl6 said:

What if Russell Wilson while visiting a Children's Hospital accidently drinks from a kids water who can't swallow pills so his mom crushes his adderall into his water, then gets tested the next day?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3bydmx5h said:
grizbob":3bydmx5h said:
Aros":3bydmx5h said:

What if Russell Wilson while visiting a Children's Hospital accidently drinks from a kids water who can't swallow pills so his mom crushes his adderall into his water, then gets tested the next day?
:13:

grizbob

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1xfqiqj2 said:
grizbob":1xfqiqj2 said:
Aros":1xfqiqj2 said:

Then the Seahawks weren't meant to win the Super Bowl, the gods really would be against us :141847_bnono:

judgemint

Reaction score
If we don't start to get a handle on all this, we will be known as the SEATTLE SEADRUGS

travlinhawk

Reaction score
I don't give a rats ass about Irvin taking whatever he took. He made a mistake. I think the better way to look at this is what he does from here on out.

Axx

Reaction score
It's almost like Bruce Irvin did this to make Seahawks.net users angry.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Some of the comments here are really reaching, hyperpole at it's worst or simply uniformed.

The "dumbass' talk is so aggravating. Really? Then hit ignore it bothers you, or if cheating for an edge is OK to you we simply disagree. Of course this was a dumbass decision by Irvin to even take adderall or whatever it was he thought he was offered. For him it was either reckless or clearly illegal or contrary to the PED proscriptions by the league. Taking the drug put him at risk of being caught and suspended. It was wrong, he got caught, has been suspended; cost himself 4 game checks, and he has now hurt his team, damaged his reputation and that of the team. Whatever on your opinion about the rest of us here as being fat or lazy.

ATt this moment I am attaching BUST to Irvin. Get serious, this player held the rookie lead the league in sacks with 8, he's a force off the edge and brings exceptional speed that has to be game planned to defend. As he gets stronger and adds some bulk he will be even more imposing as a pass rusher. He's not even close to being a bust. I liked this draft pick when it was made, speed off the edge is hard to acquire. Irvin will learn from this and be better than ever when he comes back.

This is an unfortunate situation, but 3 or more adderall suspensions is 2 too many for the team not to step up and do something about it happening again. Irvin has hurt the team with this suspension, but thankfully the team is stronger and deeper than it was last season. The solution is education and no one size fits all.

This sucks!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
jammerhawk":nzr5ag10 said:
Some of the comments here are really reaching, hyperpole at it's worst or simply uniformed.

Its a really good thing Lynch wasn't a Seahawk early in his career. The 12th man would have cut him for his drug/gun issues.