Bruce Irvin - when will he play?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Has anyone heard when he's going to attempt to play?

I either missed it in the PC pressers or just gapped -

?

Spohawks

Reaction score
Been wondering this myself. They didn't bring him into sit, its gotta be soon!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
He's been practicing, Pete says he's in great shape so I think we'll see Bruce this week or next.

They definitely need depth, Nwosu is playing way too much (80%+ snaps). But IMO the real reason they brought Bruce back is the AP effect, he's going to be a great locker room leader, call players out and mentor/coach up guys like Taylor.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
He's been practicing, Pete says he's in great shape so I think we'll see Bruce this week or next.

They definitely need depth, Nwosu is playing way too much (80%+ snaps). But IMO the real reason they brought Bruce back is the AP effect, he's going to be a great locker room leader, call players out and mentor/coach up guys like Taylor.
AND - here's a link to an article that highlights that same AP effect!

https://12thmanrising.com/2022/10/20/seahawks-defense-less-barton/

I'm stoked!

<Edit> - And exactly why I'd like Mr. Chancellor to come back and do the same thing (have the same effect, obviously not play). Bring him back as a coach please!

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Isn't he really old? Like Marshawn Lynch old?

I wish for him an injury-free outing.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Isn't he really old? Like Marshawn Lynch old?

I wish for him an injury-free outing.
Well despite the ACL problems that he has - if he was in a wheelchair - they wouldn't be doing this -

Although, I do hope that he doesn't pop it in the first 10 series or something..... that would suck for both us and him.

I would NOT like to see him carted off in the first game. Jesus - DK needs that for the crapper! Keep the cart OPEN at ALL times! ;)

Geno for prez.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
Pete hinted at maybe this week, but as Practice Squad guy he can only be brought up 3 times before he has to be given a spot on the 53, so I imagine that plays some into the calculus.

Per the article that was linked, he only just started to practice in pads. I think there is an outside chance he plays this week but I'm guessing next week might be more likely.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Pete hinted at maybe this week, but as Practice Squad guy he can only be brought up 3 times before he has to be given a spot on the 53, so I imagine that plays some into the calculus.
THIS is the special sauce I was looking for. Didn't know the rule. Thank you.

JPatera76

Reaction score
well, he know's desai and the system.. and knows pete SO here's hoping to see the defense make some more improvements this week.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
next question...when they will pull. He wasnt good six years ago. A desperate move. put kj in there.
He's been a good player for his entire career

I have no idea where any of you are getting this from about Bruce lmfao

Nunya

Reaction score
I made it a point to look for and watch Irvin's play today. Though he did not have a spectacular game, he did have a decent game. He made 2 tackles and pressured the QB at least 3 times that I know of...one of those being the last 4th down play of the Chargers. Overall, I would give him a "B" grade.

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I made it a point to look for and watch Irvin's play today. Though he did not have a spectacular game, he did have a decent game. He made 2 tackles and pressured the QB at least 3 times that I know of...one of those being the last 4th down play of the Chargers. Overall, I would give him a "B" grade.
Yeah, it's hard for me to grade him because I know a big part of why he was here was to help the rest of the defense. It's hard for me to measure that watching on TV. I guess we'll see if he gets elevated against next week what the coaching staff thought.