Bucs hire Lovie Smith

Polaris

Reaction score
Good hire, as long as they get a really good OC to go with him. Offense was always Lovie's bugaboo.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Good hire. The NFC South will be a tough puppy next year. Falcons, Saints, Panthers will be good. If the Bucs can get decent play at the QB position they will be competitive as well.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Mike Glennon (who was Russell Wilson understudy at NC State for a few years) is their current QB. Just like in College, he was really inconsistent. He is very prone to INTs ... I don't know if he showed enough to really be considered a Franchise QB.
But he is tall (6ft8?) and has a big Arm. But decision making has been a big problem for him.
I think they will draft a QB, but I doubt it will be in the first round.
If they draft Johnny Football, then they will have the tallest QB and the (second) shortest QB in the NFL ...

The Outfield

Reaction score
Nice. I'm surprised he wasn't picked up last season, but maybe he was holding off. This is a team with lots of talent and mostly just needs some good coaching.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
According to some of the articles I've read on NFL.com is that Tim Ruskell will also be apart of the Bucs front office. Now I see Lovie helping out the team but will Tim counter that? :twisted:

Polaris

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":1yjyto4h said:
According to some of the articles I've read on NFL.com is that Tim Ruskell will also be apart of the Bucs front office. Now I see Lovie helping out the team but will Tim counter that? :twisted:

After what Tim Ruskell did to superbowl quality teams both in Tampa Bay and later Seattle (in the later case destroying perhaps one of the most talented teams in the NFL in three short seasons), how does Tim Ruskell even have a job?

SoHo9erFan

Reaction score
NFC South will be brutal next year. Lovie Smith must have been desperate for a job.

If I am a prospective HC, i'm only accepting a coaching position in the AFC

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score

rlkats

Reaction score
Scary D next year for them. Great hire I think. as long as he dont have to run the O also.

Subzero717

Reaction score
SoHo9erFan":byh1zyix said:
NFC South will be brutal next year. Lovie Smith must have been desperate for a job.

If I am a prospective HC, i'm only accepting a coaching position in the AFC

They don't think like that. Thats how they've made it where they are in life.

lobohawk

Reaction score
joeseahawks":491ozzgi said:
Mike Glennon (who was Russell Wilson understudy at NC State for a few years) is their current QB. Just like in College, he was really inconsistent. He is very prone to INTs ... I don't know if he showed enough to really be considered a Franchise QB.
But he is tall (6ft8?) and has a big Arm. But decision making has been a big problem for him.
I think they will draft a QB, but I doubt it will be in the first round.
If they draft Johnny Football, then they will have the tallest QB and the (second) shortest QB in the NFL ...

He actually isn't prone to INTs and decision making at NC State his last year was not the problem. Overall quality of his offense (WRs and OL).

In his short stint, he's been pretty good for a rookie QB coming off the bench partway through the season (19 TD / 9 INTs). And this was to a team that seemed to be in disarray. Bucs really need to reinforce the rest of the team (maybe another playmaker and OL). They could take a QB in +3 rounds.