Bucs reportedly shopping Revis; may cut him by Wednesday.

Jville

Reaction score
I could do without a second round of "The Revis Watch" by the networks this year. Once was enough.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jville":14c4dnyr said:
I could do without a second round of "The Revis Watch" by the networks this year. Once was enough.
I don't know, I find some degree in entertainment seeing another team give up ridiculous amounts of money, draft capital, or both to get a corner when they have far bigger needs elsewhere. Now, if the 49ers sign him, I wouldn't like it.

Laloosh

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":a4qvvtxn said:
Jville":a4qvvtxn said:
I don't know, I find some degree in entertainment seeing another team give up ridiculous amounts of money, draft capital, or both to get a corner when they have far bigger needs elsewhere. Now, if the 49ers sign him, I wouldn't like it.

I would. Rivalry would be ridiculous!

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Sounds like the Browns are the leading competitor for Revis right now. It's sure to change at least a dozen more times by the Bucs' Wednesday deadline.

SeahawkFrost

Reaction score
I heard the bucs need to cut him by Wednesday to retain their 3rd round pick. If he's on the team after Wednesday the bucs owe the jets that 3rd round pick.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I look forward to Revis earning a big contract with the 49ers and then promptly getting a season ending injury.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3nk1km6m said:
I look forward to Revis earning a big contract with the 49ers and then promptly getting a season ending injury.
That's not nice; I'd much rather see DangeRuss throw a couple TDs on Revis.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2n10nk0j said:
Jville":2n10nk0j said:
Depends who actually gets raped in the deal....

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1la79r6i said:

LOL.

I don't see it. Too much money when Niners have too many other guys to resign. Revis would have to take a HUGE discount and at this point he's never shown any inclination to do so.

It would be nice, but I seriously doubt it will happen.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
This is great for the Seahawks as it relates to the Sherman extension I would think. I doubt anyone is giving Revis another $16 mil / year contract. Hopefully his number comes way down, and it won't take nearly as much to make Sherman the top paid CB in the league, if that is what he is demanding.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Dtowers":3uvegoli said:
How crazy would a Haden/Revis trade be?

Would be such a Browns move to do. Haden is younger, cheaper and doesn't have the ACL injury..

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
The Browns are also trying to sign Jairus Byrd and are reported to have a big offer ready for him. They're going after Whitner too. Trying to run a Haden/Revis/Byrd/Whitner secondary out there on Sundays.

I'd rather keep Ward than get Whitner if I were them, but still, that's an impressive plan if it all comes together. They are flush with cash they have to spend.

amill87

Reaction score
I hope the Niners sign him. Let them throw money on a player on the decline. It's the opposite way to win a championship, it is the Redskin philosophy of buying a championship.

They are already likely losing Whitner. Revis is better than anything they got but I'd be more worried if the Niners were going after some of the other top corners on the market.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
“@nfltrade_rumors: RT @RapSheet Raiders are, in fact, in it for Darrelle Revis, per source (@VicTafur said). #Browns may be a bit more attractive to trade with”

Latest posts