Bulletin board material already coming out

Boom84

Reaction score
jdemps":anq7c192 said:
“I’m excited about it," he said of the matchup. “I’m excited about the opportunity to go up against this team. They are the co-defending champs, and we’re ready for it.

“We are the better team."

The Panthers rallied in the fourth quarter of an Oct. 18 game at Seattle to beat the Seahawks 27-23. That led to a 14-0 start that was interrupted only by a 20-13 loss at Atlanta in Week 16.

Harper looks at Sunday’s game as an opportunity for the Panthers to further prove they’re worthy of their NFL-best 15-1 record.

“I’m not going to say we’re superior or anything like that," he said. “[But] at the end of the day we’ve been the better team all year long, and we’ve got to go out there and continue to stick to who we are and when we do this we’ve been very successful."

They're the better team in terms of record. We'll see who's the better team on Sunday. :stirthepot:

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-pa...per-on-facing-seahawks-we-are-the-better-team

I didn't see this posted elsewhere but didn't look too hard. Delete if necessary

Exactly, you only have to be better on the one day that counts.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
dadof3":3e4587l0 said:
Wasn't this guy one of the speed bumps on the Beastquake run? I thought they all retired after that game.

One of the many. He is also still trying to scrape the toast off himself left by Brandon Stokely.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
He is not saying anything wrong just like AP last week. You can't be a pro athlete and a true competitor if you have a mindset of being the second best. He is discussing teams and their team did win more games this year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
They have been the better team all year long.

Which does not mean the Hawks are not already taking this as total disrespect. Athletes thrive on perceived disrespect.

This is only the beginning. The crowing and yakking from Carolina is going to grow all the way to, and during, the game.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3ftjde9e said:

Which does not mean the Hawks are not already taking this as total disrespect. Athletes thrive on perceived disrespect.

This is only the beginning. The crowing and yakking from Carolina is going to grow all the way to, and during, the game.

But it's Roman Harper talking, a guy whose been abused for so much of his NFL life. If anything he's a weak point on their defense. That would be like if Cary Williams was talking junk (if we was still on the team.), it's kind of ridiculous.

Seymour

Reaction score
Foghawk":kdsjuypt said:
FlyingGreg":kdsjuypt said:
Wait, Roman Harper is still alive?

I thought he was like...80.

Harper looks like he's had a rough NFL life :lol:

panthers at tampa bay buccaneers 881adad0155d5d5d

Ahhh, yes. The Omega Man. I know him!

The omega man the plague1

Seymour

Reaction score
jlwaters1":357hqtlu said:
Scottemojo":357hqtlu said:

But it's Roman Harper talking, a guy whose been abused for so much of his NFL life. If anything he's a weak point on their defense. That would be like if Cary Williams was talking junk (if we was still on the team.), it's kind of ridiculous.

Ranks right up there with Jeremy Stevens poping off in SB40. How did that turn out....I forget?

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Similar to other hawk dbs putting their feet in their mouth. I think Jeremy lane did this before the Super Bowl.

Barthawk

Reaction score
jdemps":2mnf8li7 said:
“I’m excited about it," he said of the matchup. “I’m excited about the opportunity to go up against this team. They are the co-defending champs, and we’re ready for it.

“We are the better team."

The Panthers rallied in the fourth quarter of an Oct. 18 game at Seattle to beat the Seahawks 27-23. That led to a 14-0 start that was interrupted only by a 20-13 loss at Atlanta in Week 16.

Harper looks at Sunday’s game as an opportunity for the Panthers to further prove they’re worthy of their NFL-best 15-1 record.

“I’m not going to say we’re superior or anything like that," he said. “[But] at the end of the day we’ve been the better team all year long, and we’ve got to go out there and continue to stick to who we are and when we do this we’ve been very successful."

They're the better team in terms of record. We'll see who's the better team on Sunday. :stirthepot:

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-pa...per-on-facing-seahawks-we-are-the-better-team

I didn't see this posted elsewhere but didn't look too hard. Delete if necessary

Roman Harper has been knocked out of the playoffs by the Seahawks the last 3/4 visits to the dance.. 2010 @clink (Beastquake), 2013 (Saints), 2014 (Panthers)..

Barthawk

Reaction score
UGotHawked":2c134rrr said:
dadof3":2c134rrr said:
Wasn't this guy one of the speed bumps on the Beastquake run? I thought they all retired after that game.

One of the many. He is also still trying to scrape the toast off himself left by Brandon Stokely.

Okey doked by John Carlson too.. he gave up 4 TDs in the Beastquake game.. his buttocks are extremely inflamed when he plays against Seattle lately

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1ns5vto9 said:
Laloosh":1ns5vto9 said:
Can I ask a stupid question? What does he mean by "co-defending champs"?

That's the first thing that jumped out at me. Pretty sure all playoff games, including the one for the championship go until there's a single winner.

Maybe that's too much brain trauma for "back-to-back NFC Champs".
Pretty sure it means "Co(nference) Defending Champs"

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
dadof3":10k6fdz1 said:

And the victim of at least three of Matt Hasselbeck's TD passes. Hass and John Carlson absolutely pwned him that day.