Buried in the Browner thread: - But important, I think.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
edogg23":1angveqo said:
I love how people said Brandon Browner was slow when he was on the seahawks, yet he was able to run down Adrian Peterson from behind and save a touchdown. He may be big and not as agile as some corners, but the dude was never slow.

There's a difference between 40 yard dash speed, and what matters most with being a fast CB, lateral quickness.

Browner's 40 time was 4.6, which is only slightly slower than Sherman's coming out of college, but because of his size his lateral quickness is what gets called into question when you hear he's slow...........as well as his age now.

Give Pete credit, he and John looked past Browner's deficiency with lateral movement and saw that he could still be a very good CB in their suffocating nasty press long tall CB's style of play.

But yes, when critics say Browner's "slow" they're not talking about chasing down Peterson in a straight sprint. They're talking about him having a hard time laterally and turning his hips without losing speed.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2e6j5p2j said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2e6j5p2j said:
I wonder if members of the D rallied JS and Browner to get this done like they did Clemons.

Also, i havent gotten through the other thread but Browner does have experience within the AFC North and NFC South. Both divisions are on the schedule. Knowledge and familarity has value. In this case, twice fold.
Fwiw, the AFC alternating division we play this year is the AFC East... not the AFC North.

Meant East either way since he played with the Patriots.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Did he have surgery to repair said MCL? Do they just heal on their own?