Butterfly effect

rlkats

Reaction score
Marvin49":3kunh5yh said:
rlkats":3kunh5yh said:
grneyed12thman":3kunh5yh said:
I have been saying Borland will be back in the NFL within 2 years. The uniform he is wearing is the wrong one. The Niners have a definite little player coup happening...and deservedly so.

Wow read some articles bud. He wrote his family in PRESEASON that he felt off and not well. He and his family felt he would not have a long career.

Don't bother...media and fans see the team as a dumpster fire so ANYTHING that happens even if it doesn't make sense is attributed to that.

Willis retired? Must see a sinking boat.
Borland retires? Didn't want to risk injury for a team with no future.
Tornado strike in Texas? Tomsula was in Texas on vacation and God was mad at him.

It will always be spun the way people want to see it...one way or the other.

in some ways it does seem lime a fire sale. On the coaching side it looks horrible and horrible timing on the retiring but i stand pat that we are and needed to get younger.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Marvin49":261538ev said:

Has anybody who has previously established credibility actually said that, though?

It kind of seems like the conflation of two things, one true, one false:

1) TRUE: So far the 49ers have had an absolutely horrific offseason in which even more things have gone wrong than anyone could have predicted.

2) FALSE: Willis and/or Borland chose to stop playing football over playing football on the 49ers.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rlkats":d8nlmwn0 said:
Marvin49":d8nlmwn0 said:
rlkats":d8nlmwn0 said:
grneyed12thman":d8nlmwn0 said:
I have been saying Borland will be back in the NFL within 2 years. The uniform he is wearing is the wrong one. The Niners have a definite little player coup happening...and deservedly so.

Wow read some articles bud. He wrote his family in PRESEASON that he felt off and not well. He and his family felt he would not have a long career.

Don't bother...media and fans see the team as a dumpster fire so ANYTHING that happens even if it doesn't make sense is attributed to that.

Tornado strike in Texas? Tomsula was in Texas on vacation and God was mad at him.

It will always be spun the way people want to see it...one way or the other.

in some ways it does seem lime a fire sale. On the coaching side it looks horrible and horrible timing on the retiring but i stand pat that we are and needed to get younger.

I agree...just happened much quicker than any of us anticipated.

As far as free agents, I don't think any of us are surprised by the players that left via free agency. Writing was kinda on the wall for all of them.

It's the retirements that have shocked us all.

The people who didn't expect to lose those FAs and don't like the new coaching staff that attribute everything to THEIR view of the team being dumpster fire. It's probably been one of the worse off seasons in Niner history, but ALOT of the loses were expected and accounted for with players selected in the last few years.

Problem is...one of those replacements retired too.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2dn2ckqf said:
Marvin49":2dn2ckqf said:

Has anybody who has previously established credibility actually said that, though?

It kind of seems like the conflation of two things, one true, one false:

1) TRUE: So far the 49ers have had an absolutely horrific offseason in which even more things have gone wrong than anyone could have predicted.

2) FALSE: Willis and/or Borland chose to stop playing football over playing football on the 49ers.

Correct...only fan and media speculation based on their current views of the team.

Funny part to me though is that they haven't exactly had a ton of problems getting free agents to visit or to sign them.

grneyed12thman

Reaction score
rlkats":qephlxo6 said:
grneyed12thman":qephlxo6 said:

I'm not concerned with what is printed prior to what actually occurs. I'm asking you an honest question, no sarcasm attached, as a 49ers fan can you say you are excited or hopeful about the direction of the teams immediate future given the off season moves and transactions as well as player decisions thus far?

And as far as me personally, I have respect for the history of the 49ers Franchise. I love when they are playing at an elite level. I love when the rivalry between Seahawks and 49ers as well as tje fans of each team is heated and fueled by close records as #1 and #2..the teams make each other better when both are at their best. I never want to be the best in an average division. I would rather be fighting every week to try and beat the best to be able to stay the best at the end. I'm just saying..I don't see how the 49ers can salvage the team with the draft..at LB Bowman is left..that's a huge workload for him..after having to rehab that knee..he can't be forced to shoulder all of the rookie slack pick up that he will undoubtedly feel compelled to do..he wants to win.

rlkats

Reaction score
grneyed12thman":1i4rlune said:
rlkats":1i4rlune said:
grneyed12thman":1i4rlune said:

I'm not concerned with what is printed prior to what actually occurs. I'm asking you an honest question, no sarcasm attached, as a 49ers fan can you say you are excited or hopeful about the direction of the teams immediate future given the off season moves and transactions as well as player decisions thus far?

And as far as me personally, I have respect for the history of the 49ers Franchise. I love when they are playing at an elite level. I love when the rivalry between Seahawks and 49ers as well as tje fans of each team is heated and fueled by close records as #1 and #2..the teams make each other better when both are at their best. I never want to be the best in an average division. I would rather be fighting every week to try and beat the best to be able to stay the best at the end. I'm just saying..I don't see how the 49ers can salvage the team with the draft..at LB Bowman is left..that's a huge workload for him..after having to rehab that knee..he can't be forced to shoulder all of the rookie slack pick up that he will undoubtedly feel compelled to do..he wants to win.

My main issue with your statement is the blind lack of proof that there is a player coup happening. And a blind homer attack on a franchise saying they deserve it.

York deserves to be hoarse whipped but the team and fans dont deserve it.

Now am I excited on whats happened NO. But i am hopeful. Yes always for a good season and good players.

There are many holes that will not did you hear that WILL NOT be fixed in one offseason this will take a ling time to fix.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
grneyed12thman":2s6aj82i said:
rlkats":2s6aj82i said:
grneyed12thman":2s6aj82i said:

I think it's a fair question, but it's a question that's completely unrelated to the your statement that rlkats responded to.

grneyed12thman

Reaction score
rlkats":37ij5zbc said:
grneyed12thman":37ij5zbc said:
rlkats":37ij5zbc said:
grneyed12thman":37ij5zbc said:

My main issue with your statement is the blind lack of proof that there is a player coup happening. And a blind homer attack on a franchise saying they deserve it.

Now am I excited on whats happened NO. But i am hopeful. Yes always for a good season and good players.

There are many holes that will not did you hear that WILL NOT be fixed in one offseason this will take a ling time to fix.
My comments wasn't meant as anything more than my personal opinion based on my observation. Just as my last comment regarding how much I respect that team. Want them to do well. That opinion of mine is one that I fight with many Seattle fans over. But I stand firm with it. My Opinion. You can continue making me sound ignorant for the player coup comment that isn't backed by facts..but as part of a comment that is 100% speculation from the start. Like I could know if he will be back within 2 years..but no..you continue to poke at the one part of my opinion that is most likely carrying the biggest grain of salt in the open wounds left behind at Candlestick. I'm not ignorant...I find that the Front Office of this team has basically been crushing loyal fans hearts in the wake of this season. From one of the Vegas SB favorites prior to the season start to where they are now..it is hard to watch. Even for me. I agree about York needing to be whipped. Balkke isn't any better as far as articles I read..even Niners Nation isn't so thrilled with his presence all the time lol. However, I like seeing that hopeful isn't gone from the vocabulary of the fans..it gives me some hope as well.

kearly

Reaction score
I interpret the butterfly effect as something big that came of something small and seemingly insignificant at the time. I've heard that the drafting of Bruce Miller in the 7th round of 2011 was one such moment. Harbaugh badly wanted a freakishly athletic TE/FB hybrid guy (forget his name) in the 3rd round, but Baalke passed (to select Chris Culliver) and Harb's coveted fullback was drafted by a different team before their pick came back around again. This fullback was out of the league in less than two years, and actually signed with SF for like a week before getting cut one final time. Regardless, Harbaugh was pissed about it.

The guy Baalke wanted was Bruce Miller, who, recent domestic charges aside, has been a fantastic player for SF. Miller was a 7th round pick who turned into a top 5 NFL fullback. But it's said this caused a sizable rift between Baalke and Harbaugh, and things just got worse from there.

The Seattle losses, and the SB loss, definitely sped the process up, of course. But I think the fact that there were two type A types at the top with long memories is the true impetus for the nasty split that came.

rlkats

Reaction score
kearly":2b5fom41 said:
I interpret the butterfly effect as something big that came of something small and seemingly insignificant at the time. I've heard that the drafting of Bruce Miller in the 7th round of 2011 was one such moment. Harbaugh badly wanted a freakishly athletic TE/FB hybrid guy (forget his name) in the 3rd round, but Baalke passed (to select Chris Culliver) and Harb's coveted fullback was drafted by a different team before their pick came back around again.

The guy Baalke wanted was Bruce Miller, who, domestic charges aside, has been a fantastic player for SF. Miller was a 7th round pick who turned into a top 5 NFL fullback. But it's said this caused a sizable rift between Baalke and Harbaugh, and things just got worse from there.

The Seattle losses, and the SB loss, definitely sped the process up, of course.

Agree with all.

rlkats

Reaction score
Wow read some articles bud. He wrote his family in PRESEASON that he felt off and not well. He and his family felt he would not have a long career.[/quote]

And as far as me personally, I have respect for the history of the 49ers Franchise. I love when they are playing at an elite level. I love when the rivalry between Seahawks and 49ers as well as tje fans of each team is heated and fueled by close records as #1 and #2..the teams make each other better when both are at their best. I never want to be the best in an average division. I would rather be fighting every week to try and beat the best to be able to stay the best at the end. I'm just saying..I don't see how the 49ers can salvage the team with the draft..at LB Bowman is left..that's a huge workload for him..after having to rehab that knee..he can't be forced to shoulder all of the rookie slack pick up that he will undoubtedly feel compelled to do..he wants to win.[/quote]

There are many holes that will not did you hear that WILL NOT be fixed in one offseason this will take a ling time to fix.[/quote]
My comments wasn't meant as anything more than my personal opinion based on my observation. Just as my last comment regarding how much I respect that team. Want them to do well. That opinion of mine is one that I fight with many Seattle fans over. But I stand firm with it. My Opinion. You can continue making me sound ignorant for the player coup comment that isn't backed by facts..but as part of a comment that is 100% speculation from the start. Like I could know if he will be back within 2 years..but no..you continue to poke at the one part of my opinion that is most likely carrying the biggest grain of salt in the open wounds left behind at Candlestick. I'm not ignorant...I find that the Front Office of this team has basically been crushing loyal fans hearts in the wake of this season. From one of the Vegas SB favorites prior to the season start to where they are now..it is hard to watch. Even for me. I agree about York needing to be whipped. Balkke isn't any better as far as articles I read..even Niners Nation isn't so thrilled with his presence all the time lol. However, I like seeing that hopeful isn't gone from the vocabulary of the fans..it gives me some hope as well.[/quote]

Now thats something we can agree on. We are not even close to thrilled. But hey at least we can watch the last play in the SB. ;) jk man you guys will be tough for a long long time.