Buying game tickets

starrlight

Reaction score
I'm not a football expert, but my boyfriend is a big Seahawks fan and I want to get him tickets for his birthday at the end of July. I'm wondering if I should buy them from a seasons ticket holder online or if I should wait until regular tickets go on sale. Can anyone give me some insight into which would be a better price? I'm not looking to spend more than $300 a ticket. Thanks in advance for the help!

minormillikin

Reaction score
Right now there's not much of a selection for $300 or less for regular season games. There will be more after single game tickets go on sale ("Late July"). I will be buying some tickets, but I will be waiting.

THAT SAID>>
Interesting thing I saw on StubHub, though. Cheap tickets for the first home PRESEASON game against the Chargers.

Sure, it's preseason, but... it's the first time, post Super Bowl, that the Seahawks have taken the field. It might be pretty damn awesome (for a preseason game). Plenty of seats in the $40 range (and some pretty great seats depending on what you want to spend). Plus, it's August 15th -- not too far from his birthday.

SH#T... I should go to that preseason game, come to think of it...

http://www.stubhub.com/seattle-seahawks-tickets/

tooshort

Reaction score
There are roughly 5000 single game tickets available per game and when they go on sale you will have about 5 minutes to snag tickets before it is singles and standing room only. The ticket release also spikes prices on ticket resellers websites because the lower 5-10% price wise are bought by the people who just missed out on face value tix.

The late season divisional games versus The Cardinals and Rams are relatively cheap on re-sellers now and the crowd/game experience will be much greater than in preseason. If you want the full crazy experience look at rows a-j in sections 121-130 (right by where the team comes out for intros).

There's not a bad seat in the house though so look around, you probably could get the best of both worlds (instant b-day gratification and playoff push intensity) with a pair of tix to both the chargers preseason game and one of the late season divisional games for under $350 lower bowl or $220 Upper bowl.