Cable under consideration for Colts job

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I'd honestly they rather take Bevell than Cable. Cable's got some brain dead ideas about tall, skinny ass gaurds in the NFL, but Bevell is the root of most evil on offense. We gain nothing by Cable going elsewhere as long as Bevell is still here. In fact, most of the second half offense adjustments are attributed to Cable by quite a few players. It's that first half scripting that is Bevell's absurdity of existence. If I had to pick between the two, I'd like to get Bevell a white bronco and have a chopper follow to make sure he leaves town.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Indy won't take Cable, just spitballing by folks.

randomation

Reaction score
It's over half a year before my Birthday so unfortunately no way this happens. Maybe someone can pretend to be a sick kid and as a make a wish convince Irsay to let them pick the new HC.

IrishNW

Reaction score
i think hes going to be a better head coach then position coach. he might surprise some people if this happens

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
IrishNW":2td7xnm1 said:
i think hes going to be a better head coach then position coach. he might surprise some people if this happens

He tried that in Oakland.... didn't go so hot.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":32250uk3 said:
IrishNW":32250uk3 said:

Actually, he improved the team rapidly from 5-11 his first full year (2009) to 8-8 in 2010, which was Oakland's first non-losing season since 2002. It was a dumb move at the time to fire him, he had the team on a very nice come-up. Al Davis in the later years was.. well.. Al Davis.

Tom Cable's Raiders absolutely rolled the Seahawks 33-3 that year.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3hrnrwky said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3hrnrwky said:
IrishNW":3hrnrwky said:

Actually, he improved the team rapidly from 5-11 his first full year (2009) to 8-8 in 2010, which was Oakland's first non-losing season since 2002. It was a dumb move at the time to fire him, he had the team on a very nice come-up. Al Davis in the later years was.. well.. Al Davis.

Improved them from 3rd place in the AFC west to...... 3rd place in the AFC west.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3cgcksw7 said:
Maelstrom787":3cgcksw7 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":3cgcksw7 said:
IrishNW":3cgcksw7 said:

Improved them from 3rd place in the AFC west to...... 3rd place in the AFC west.

As I recall, the main reason he got fired (besides for Al Davis being Al Davis) was that he punched an assistant coach. Something I wish PC would try from time to time. :mrgreen:

Seymour

Reaction score
If anyone is stupid enough to hire Cable as head coach, it would be a whacked out, drug addicted, alcohol abusing owner that has pretty much burned out his useful brain cells. Hopefully he has adequate drug supplies to deal with Cable's draft "prowess".

We indeed have a small shot of this working considering the source.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
GeekHawk":8rfceekc said:
Sox-n-Hawks":8rfceekc said:
Maelstrom787":8rfceekc said:
Sox-n-Hawks":8rfceekc said:

As I recall, the main reason he got fired (besides for Al Davis being Al Davis) was that he punched an assistant coach. Something I wish PC would try from time to time. :mrgreen:

I read up on it - seems that Al Davis was particularly troubled by the allegations brought forth by women against Cable.

Cable seems to have grown, but damn, guy was a mess previously. Despicable.

Football-wise, I still think he's a talented HC. Lane Kiffin's Raiders were ass and he had them mauling by year 2. Too bad he was such a shithead.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Rumor I heard this morning on the radio (ESPN) is that Colts have reached out to Jim Harbaugh. If it's true (and JH is interested) then I don't like Cable's chances to get that gig.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
Cable leaving would be the best addition by subtraction that the team has had since they dumped Harvin. I would hope that the ZBS goes with him and they let the new OL coach get some power hat on hat blocking going. We all need to pray for Cable's advancement (to anywhere but here).

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2p84p5q1 said:
Rumor I heard this morning on the radio (ESPN) is that Colts have reached out to Jim Harbaugh. If it's true (and JH is interested) then I don't like Cable's chances to get that gig.
Probaly true..He had some of best years being a QB there..The fans would love it

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Rocket":1fz5ofn6 said:
A sweet dream - Cable goes, takes Bev with him.
:179417:
THAT'S what I'm talking about! :irishdrinkers: