Cam Robinson at 26

nwHawk

Reaction score
Pass, I agree. Watch his hand placement. Guy will be average at best.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Comparing how quickly Fant got up to playing at an NFL level verus how much he's played prior, I'm confident we're about to experience an Antonio Gates type career at Left Tackle. I'll probably take heat for that comment, but I don't think I'm alone in thinking about his ceiling.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sounds like the type of linemen they love. Draft as a tackle and cant play it so move to guard. We love guards.

purpleneer

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":2kbgchnb said:
purpleneer":2kbgchnb said:
This is how I see him. He's got plenty of athleticism naturally

He's a sub average talent athletically speaking. Athleticism is generally reflected in testing values at at a 35th percentile tester -- that's not naturally athletic.

Now he could be a good player. Even great player. Of course, he'd have to have amazing skills. I've not heard that about him. And his attitude and motivation have long been in question.

purpleneer":2kbgchnb said:
He's a top-5 talent, but an underacheiver.

What's more likely. He's a remarkably unathletic and unmotivated player who benefited from preseason all american hype and is in fact a mid second round talent. And is desperately oversold by fans of a team that is equally desperate for us to add new faces to the OL.

Or a remarkably unathletic and underachieving talent but has a skill set that set him firmly as a top 5 overall talent.

Robinson may go in R1. The NFL is desperate for OTs. This class doesn't have a lot. So teams are either going to do without upgrades in the draft, or pick very average to below average athletes just to satiate acute need.

I'd just as soon we pass. Because if you take Robinson this year, you're going to be looking at OT next year too.
I think his lack of drive and desire are enough to pass on him. But I'd say his poor testing numbers are more indicative of his lack of caring enough to develop for the testing than a true representation of what he could have done based on his genetics. Natural talent was enough for a super-high recruiting ranking and a job as a starting LT for Alabama from very early on. The All-American hype came from somewhere and it's not like Saban and his staff didn't have other options if the kid had neither talent nor motivation going for him.

xgeoff

Reaction score
getnasty":3lvhlyxb said:
See him dropping in a lot of mocks. Probably a RT in the NFL, or maybe even being kicked inside. Sounds like hes a dominant run blocker but still needs work in pass pro. Not sure i'd love the pick but haven't really seen any talk of him as a possibility. Thoughts

Nooooooooo!

We should set our sights on Forrest Lamp instead.

naholmes

Reaction score
xgeoff":af1hiujt said:
getnasty":af1hiujt said:
See him dropping in a lot of mocks. Probably a RT in the NFL, or maybe even being kicked inside. Sounds like hes a dominant run blocker but still needs work in pass pro. Not sure i'd love the pick but haven't really seen any talk of him as a possibility. Thoughts

Nooooooooo!

Lamp isn't a tackle though, short arms, and I do not believe the Hawks will make an exception or draft a guard in round 1. Maybe they will get lucky and Ramczyk will drop, who would be a perfect fit at RT, otherwise I don't see them drafting oline in the first round for the second straight year.

xgeoff

Reaction score
naholmes":27gx801l said:
xgeoff":27gx801l said:
getnasty":27gx801l said:

Nooooooooo!

Lamp isn't a tackle though, short arms, and I do not believe the Hawks will make an exception or draft a guard in round 1. Maybe they will get lucky and Ramczyk will drop, who would be a perfect fit at RT, otherwise I don't see them drafting oline in the first round for the second straight year.

Lamp played 4 years at LT in College. Even if he played G for us we could kick Ifedi to RT. This whole short arms thing seems like some more NFL nonsense. Just like saying Russell Wilson was too short or Doug Baldwin was too whatever. You either know how to block or you don't, regardless of your arm length.

Ifedi has long arms, look what that got us...

xgeoff

Reaction score
xgeoff":21htjkfg said:
naholmes":21htjkfg said:
xgeoff":21htjkfg said:
getnasty":21htjkfg said:

Nooooooooo!

Lamp played 4 years at LT in College. Even if he played G for us we could kick Ifedi to RT. This whole short arms thing seems like some more NFL nonsense. Just like saying Russell Wilson was too short or Doug Baldwin was too whatever. You either know how to block or you don't, regardless of your arm length.

Ifedi has long arms, look what that got us...

Here is Lamp's Draft profile. They talk about him potentially lining up at T, G or C.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/ ... id=2557890

naholmes

Reaction score
I get your point but measurables are very important to the Seahawks and Lamp doesn't have all the measurables so I don't think they would pick him in the first round. I actually think they will wait on oline more than most think after multiple picks in previous years and the two FA acquisitions. While the oline is still I a major question I don't think investing high draft picks is likely to change that.

xgeoff

Reaction score
naholmes":1qlut9gh said:
I get your point but measurables are very important to the Seahawks and Lamp doesn't have all the measurables so I don't think they would pick him in the first round. I actually think they will wait on oline more than most think after multiple picks in previous years and the two FA acquisitions. While the oline is still I a major question I don't think investing high draft picks is likely to change that.

Yes, you're probably right in terms of the way the 'Hawks evaluate talent. I just like what I see in Lamp, and I don't like what I see in Robinson. It will be interesting to see which way they go. I don't feel like the FA's they have signed are going to help much. The Joeckel one is a real headscratcher. Not that he's not worth taking a chance on, just that his guaranteed money is so high.

Largent80

Reaction score
Lamp will be LONG gone at our pick and Robinson would make me puke. I would rather have an impact CB or safety.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Largent80":1sa35c78 said:
Lamp will be LONG gone at our pick and Robinson would make me puke. I would rather have an impact CB or safety.

Agreed. I'm just wondering about Lamp, though. I have seen a lot of mocks where he falls down to late in the 1st round or early in the 2nd. If that happened, I'd be ecstatic. If not, totally agree that we should go for the impact DB.

Largent80

Reaction score
xgeoff":1st64pz8 said:
Largent80":1st64pz8 said:

Agreed. I'm just wondering about Lamp, though. I have seen a lot of mocks where he falls down to late in the 1st round or early in the 2nd. If that happened, I'd be ecstatic. If not, totally agree that we should go for the impact DB.

I'm with ya.

naholmes

Reaction score
xgeoff":283duyly said:
naholmes":283duyly said:

Yes, you're probably right in terms of the way the 'Hawks evaluate talent. I just like what I see in Lamp, and I don't like what I see in Robinson. It will be interesting to see which way they go. I don't feel like the FA's they have signed are going to help much. The Joeckel one is a real headscratcher. Not that he's not worth taking a chance on, just that his guaranteed money is so high.
If Joeckel is healthy he's going to be starting, probably at tackle. I have to tell you I was also shocked at the money initially but it is for only 1 year. I think the signings are solid to provide a couple vets to push the young guys.

ivotuk

Reaction score
nwHawk":15f13t35 said:
Comparing how quickly Fant got up to playing at an NFL level verus how much he's played prior, I'm confident we're about to experience an Antonio Gates type career at Left Tackle. I'll probably take heat for that comment, but I don't think I'm alone in thinking about his ceiling.

I'm with you on this one. If Joekel can't beat him out at LT, then Fant's the man. We don't need an average to poor RG/RT playing LT, because Cam would be a really bad LT

Seafan

Reaction score
ivotuk":2hp84t8f said:
nwHawk":2hp84t8f said:

I'm with you on this one. If Joekel can't beat him out at LT, then Fant's the man. We don't need an average to poor RG/RT playing LT, because Cam would be a really bad LT

Agreed. Hawk management has already said and showed they don't want to get younger on the OL. Bolles would have to fall all the way to #26 for the Hawks to seriously consider drafting an OL on the first 2 days. They also keep saying they want to add another veteran. In this draft picking an OL would seem like a huge waste of draft capital.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/www.sbnation ... ve-linemen

This is very informative, in my opinion. I would be elated to get this guy. To me, it's all about the level of competition.

The author brought evidence to backup the fact he thinks Robinson is the best linemen. The statements I have read saying he sucks really don't give much evidence, just state he sucks.

Zybot

Reaction score
Serious question. At 6'6" would RW be able to see over him? I don't think he would be a good fit inside.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Zybot":2zdh0erk said:
Serious question. At 6'6" would RW be able to see over him? I don't think he would be a good fit inside.

He wouldn't be on the inside, he is a tackle. He can see over a guy that is 6'6 as well as he can see over a guy that is 6'3. He doesn't look over linemen, he looks through lanes. The same as Drew Brees. I think it was on Grudens QB camo, or something like that, Russ was talking about his line at Wisconsin. I can't remember exactly how tall it averaged, I think he said 6'6, but it was top five in height in all of NCAA.