Cam: "We played an unbelievable team."

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The 34-year-old (Steve) Smith had six catches for 51 yards and a touchdown. He said despite the loss he expects to see Seattle again in January -- in the NFC playoffs.

Newton agreed.

"Absolutely, absolutely," Newton said. "Everybody, let's not panic now. We're going to be all right. This is the first game. We played an unbelievable team."

Respect.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=330908029

HawkFan72

Reaction score
And the Panthers were a surprisingly good team as well. I'm impressed, I had no idea their D was as good as that.

Seafan

Reaction score
Agreed, but I think the game would have looked a lot different if played in Seattle. I don't think the Hawks will have as much physical adversity like that. It was like September games in Arizona before the dome. September 29th in Houston could be very warm but not as bad as today. Way to "weather" the storm, Hawks!

rjdriver

Reaction score
They are tough. Can't see them winning that division though, not with NO and ATL. I think there will be only one wildcard up for grabs because I see the NFCW second place team grabbing one of the wildcard spots. They play tough D though, nothing but respect for them. They just can't close out close games.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
Lots of mutual respect was formed today between both teams and fans on both sides. I wish we could play these guys more often, their fans are the very antithesis of douchebaggy.

pehawk

Reaction score
Carolina's legit people. I wish some of the "we won" butters would realize that.

sutz

Reaction score
There's a lot of season left, of course. But a couple of freak injuries and lucky breaks, they could be there in January. It's at least conceivable.

But it'll most likely be in our house if it does.

;)

Hawks46

Reaction score
Panthers fans have a lot to be optimistic about.

Cam Newton was a lot more patient and mature than I thought he was going to be. He also showed a ton of maturity at the post game press conference. He didn't pout or get pissed like he did last year.

His intangibles were what was holding him back. His physical measurables are off the charts. If he gets his head screwed on right, he could be one of the best in the NFL.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
pehawk":10gw83m0 said:
Carolina's legit people. I wish some of the "we won" butters would realize that.

unfor they are legit like the rams are legit in that there are 2 teams ahead of them in their own division that are better

pehawk

Reaction score
I don't think the Rams are legit. Panthers are a force defensively, and unlike the Rams, can stop the run AND rush the passer.

Or, Cable, Carp, Sweezy sucks and I need to go back outside and violently murmur James Joyce excerpts again? Please don't make me.

Pantherfan527

Reaction score
It is nice to read some positive stuff about my team after a loss.

But being 2-13 in games decided by 7 points or less is frustrating. We are so close to being a really good team, we just seem to not be able to get over the hump.

sutz

Reaction score
Seahawks spent most of the '90s within one game of .500. We know what you mean.

:)

pehawk

Reaction score
Pantherfan527":5hiz5x38 said:
It is nice to read some positive stuff about my team after a loss.

But being 2-13 in games decided by 7 points or less is frustrating. We are so close to being a really good team, we just seem to not be able to get over the hump.

Yeah, and I don't think you will until you have a HC personality bigger than Cam's. And that's NOT a shot at Cam, not at all. I think he gets a bum rap. But, maybe a bigger or more experienced name would help?

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
This thread is getting me all misty. Mutual respect, maturity, relevant conversation. Its a good day. That was a war today lads and I think both teams needed it to highlight what needs fixing. Much was learned today about our opponent and their fans. See you boys in January!

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":23n2t5nw said:
This thread is getting me all misty. Mutual respect, maturity, relevant conversation. Its a good day. That was a war today lads and I think both teams needed it to highlight what needs fixing. Much was learned today about our opponent and their fans. See you boys in January!

If you are predicting the Panthers in the playoffs I kindly suggest you slow your roll.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
HOLLYWOOD":3ar06874 said:
Carolinas front seven played great today. I'm betting they will end up being one of the better defenses we see this year.

Agreement. Hope to see them take it to San Fran and Atlanta/New Orleans on our behalf. I thought one of their safeties was pretty damn active, as well. Mikell?

sutz

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1bwaif6c said:
Evil_Shenanigans":1bwaif6c said:

If you are predicting the Panthers in the playoffs I kindly suggest you slow your roll.
Not predicting, of course, but like I said above, with a couple of breaks or a key injury to someone in Atlanta and/or the Aints, and they could sneak in IMHO.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I think the panthers have issues at QB and WR. But their front 7 will win some games this year. Probably 8-8 to 9-7

davidonmi

Reaction score
this was a huge win no matter how much people want to focus on negatives