Can Christine Michael halt the Packers' running back carouse

SeaChat

Reaction score
Michael's is a good player mediocre at best. When he's really working hard he can do a little better, but he's never going to be a Rawls or a Lynch or a pope. He might help the Green Bay out a little bit, but he's not going to do a lot more than what we saw of him in Seattle.

I wish him the best in his career, I appreciate his contributions to the Seahawks. I almost thought he was going to breakout earlier this year and show us something special, but as has been his history, he proved to be little more than a shooting star, that will start out with a bang in Green Bay, then fizzle after a few games. He won't last long there if he plays for them like he did for us.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
pacific101":3kj08net said:
Michael's is a good player mediocre at best. When he's really working hard he can do a little better, but he's never going to be a Rawls or a Lynch or a pope. He might help the Green Bay out a little bit, but he's not going to do a lot more than what we saw of him in Seattle.

I wish him the best in his career, I appreciate his contributions to the Seahawks. I almost thought he was going to breakout earlier this year and show us something special, but as has been his history, he proved to be little more than a shooting star, that will start out with a bang in Green Bay, then fizzle after a few games. He won't last long there if he plays for them like he did for us.

Good god man. Pope isn't even a Michael yet. Michael actually has a carry against real NFL competition.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3svyqapv said:
pacific101":3svyqapv said:

Good god man. Pope isn't even a Michael yet. Michael actually has a carry against real NFL competition.

Cheese is Rice Man, go back and check Popes stats against Michaels during the preseason, at that time Pope was averaging 8.6 yards per carry, while Christin was averaging 5.4, and Michaels numbers only went down the further he went into the season. This isn't about not liking Christin, its about the business of Pro Football, and the incredibly high expectations placed on players to hold on to their spots on a team.

Pope isn't getting a free pass, he has worked his ass off and consistently gave the Seahawks everything he has, and has thru the process of competition, earned his rightful place on their offense. In fact The Popes stats surpassed all the other running backs during preseason and all things being fair, and had the Seahawks tradition of players competing for their spots, held true, The Pope should rightfully have been appointed the lead RB this season.

For reasons I don't understand, the Seahawks broke with tradition in this instance and kept RB's that had potential, but hadn't earned their pisitions based on their performances. I'll let Pope's running do the talking for me. Down the road short piece, you'll be singing a whole different tune about this kid. He is the real deal and he's hungry as hell to play in the NFL and with the Seattle Seahawks in particular.

I wonder if Troymaine, hoped he wouldn't get picked on a waiver, but when he did, decided to dog it in NY, hoping they would drop him so Seattle could pick him back up. Pete is no fool to the system, and had said from day one he was trying to figure out some way to keep him with the Seahawks.

The important thing is, he's back home where he belongs, and there are good things ahead for the Seahawks as a result. Now after shooting my mouth off all over the place I hope he doesn't get injured like all our other RBs have the past couple of years.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
pacific101":1d7zpk58 said:
Seanhawk":1d7zpk58 said:
pacific101":1d7zpk58 said:

Cheese is Rice Man, go back and check Popes stats against Michaels during the preseason, at that time Pope was averaging 8.6 yards per carry, while Christin was averaging 5.4, and Michaels numbers only went down the further he went into the season. This isn't about not liking Christin, its about the business of Pro Football, and the incredibly high expectations placed on players to hold on to their spots on a team.

Pope isn't getting a free pass, he has worked his ass off and consistently gave the Seahawks everything he has, and has thru the process of competition, earned his rightful place on their offense. In fact The Popes stats surpassed all the other running backs during preseason and all things being fair, and had the Seahawks tradition of players competing for their spots, held true, The Pope should rightfully have been appointed the lead RB this season.

For reasons I don't understand, the Seahawks broke with tradition in this instance and kept RB's that had potential, but hadn't earned their pisitions based on their performances. I'll let Pope's running do the talking for me. Down the road short piece, you'll be singing a whole different tune about this kid. He is the real deal and he's hungry as hell to play in the NFL and with the Seattle Seahawks in particular.

I wonder if Troymaine, hoped he wouldn't get picked on a waiver, but when he did, decided to dog it in NY, hoping they would drop him so Seattle could pick him back up. Pete ids no fool to the system, and had said from day one he was trying to figure out some way to keep him with the Seahawks.

The important thing is, he's back home where he belongs, and there are good things ahead for the Sehawks as a result. Now after shooting my mouth off all over the place I hope he doesn't get injured like all our other RBs have the past couple of years.

You completely missed the point. All I care about is the Seahawks doing well...I don't care who it is. However, claiming that Michael will never be Troymaine Pope, when Troymaine Pope has never logged a regular season carry and Christine Michael has, is completely asinine. I understand you like the guy and you have plenty of self guided speculation to support that, but claims that letting him go was the biggest mistake in franchise history or that he is a future hall of fame are total lunacy at this point in his career.

chris98251

Reaction score
On paper Pope should do better in a given situation, his effort level on plays and after initial contact and finishing a run based on yes a smaller sample is a lot more the Michael gives on runs, Prosise, Rawls and Collins all finish well, Michael doesn't.

That's the separation.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The thing with Pope was and is he carried against 3-4th stringers..He may be all this and that but he has to prove it at the highest level right now..He will get his chance but it may not be fair if he fails.I don't see them letting him get more than a chance like CM

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1ist261m said:
The thing with Pope was and is he carried against 3-4th stringers..He may be all this and that but he has to prove it at the highest level right now..He will get his chance but it may not be fair if he fails.I don't see them letting him get more than a chance like CM

To me, running backs either have it, or they don't. Of all the positions in football, RB lends itself most to "first impressions". Pope made an excellent first impression, Collins did not, and we've seen what he can do in a real game (not much). Let's see what Pope can do.

SeaChat

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2mut3m8j said:

I keep hearing this argument, but just because its a preseason game doesn't mean the teams aren't putting their top guns out their on the field, most all of them do for most of the first half.

When I went up to watch Seattle play Dallas in the preseason this year, Tony Rommo, who if I'm not mistaken is a Dallas first stringer, got his ass sidelined for the remainder of the game by Chris Avril, who I believe is also a Seattle 1st stringer. Dallas was getting worked pretty hard in that game and left a lot of their top dawgs out there trying to save face, and vet out of Seattle with a win that night.

Pope ran a lot in that game and was pretty impressive, in fact it was he, Boykin, and Baldwin that put the hammers down on them in the forth, putting Seattle back in the lead and saved us from letting Dallas mug our 2nd & 3rd stringers and embarrass us with a loss, preseason or not, in our own house.

If you really want to base your opinions of The Pope, on how he handles himself going up against the NFL's finest, login into NFL Game Pass, pick any one of the preseason games and you'll take note that Seattle didn't mollycoddle Troymaine, it didn't matter who the other team had on the field, The Pope played like a real pro, that's where I drew my conclusions from, that and comparisons to other running backs I'd watched come up thru the ranks over the last 50 years I've been watching the game, and the last 40 years I've been watching the Seahawks play.

Just wanted to clear some of that up since some folks have drawn the conclusion I'm a Looney toon old bastard without enough sence to come out of the rain, which is partly true I guess, but I do have enough sence to recognize real talent when I see it.

I made the same kind of crazy predictions when I watched Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield, Floyd May weather, and Fernando Vargas fight in the amatuers, when they were still relative unknown pups. I haven't always been right, but I have been right a whole lot more times than I've been wrong. If I were a gambling man I'd put my money on the Pope to prove me right. I guess now all we can do is wait and see huh!

Latest posts