Can we all agree to be positive this win?

RiverDog

Reaction score
DavidSeven":70mwloe5 said:
RiverDog":70mwloe5 said:
ST's need work. Richardson got nailed twice inside the 20 on KO returns. Kearse let punts drop twice and we lost about 25 yards in field position, then he doesn't call for the fair catch and gets clobbered. I want to see Walters back there again.

It was Doug on punts, and Carroll said he instructed him to let some punts drop due to funky wind conditions.

I stand corrected about Baldwin vs. Kearse. I frequently get those two mixed up.

I've never seen Tate let the ball drop like that, and we've played in conditions worse than what we had yesterday, such as the New Orleans playoff game last season. I could give him a pass if it was just the two dropped punts and if he was doing it on coaches orders, but there was another punt where he didn't call for a fair catch and got clobbered. He could have easily fumbled.

Overall, not a good performance by special teams, although Hauschka is still money. Wise decision to resign him.

grizbob

Reaction score
Obviously OP didn't get the memo regarding the post-win main page to be used to criticize the team no matter how they win. ;) ;)

45Hawker

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":35zcqdw7 said:
Questioning things is fine; discussion would get boring if every thread was focused on being 100% Pollyanna. With that said, of course people should be highly positive about this win overall. Good contender for our finest game of the season.
Well said.

An awesome victory. Our offense and ST's have room for improvement, but with the way the D is playing, it's good enough, and they make very timely big plays. Is that sustainable? We'll see. But, loving the way the team is peaking and finding their groove right now.

The Eagles D surprised me. Cox and Cole were beasts.

A

Anonymous

SomersetHawk":3c1ue5ll said:
BORING!

Our special teams sucks. We've got no good returners, I can't believe I'm anticipating the return of Bryan Walters. And what the hell is up with Jon Ryan. Cut him already, or at least add some competition. But preferably cut him, we can just put TJACK in to throw it deep on 4th down, nobody cares about his stats.

Russell Wilson should have had two picks today. I also noticed two overthrows and one underthrown pass.

Lynch fumbled the freakin ball. I'm genuinely worried about his ball security. Time to give Turbin and Michael at least an equal amount of carries.

Kearse dropped a first down again today. I couldn't care about his diving catch, he needs to be catching the simple ones. It might have been a bit of a hard and low throw though, which would be Wilson's fault. Did I mention Wilson should have thrown two picks?

I've said my piece. We got lucky today. I'm thinking we lose out.

Is it "Opposite Day" again, and I wasn't told?

:stirthepot:

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I really enjoyed this win. Even after Ryan's muffed punt I still felt we had this game.

I think the offense is just now starting to get a bit of groove going and if they start getting it going it will be very very difficult to beat this team. We may not have score a crap lot of point but they controlled the game.

I do not know about you guys but I really like having an offense that get the ball with about 5 to 6 minutes and a lead and sucks the life out of game. Hard to do that in todays NFL and we are a rare breed when it comes to it.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I didn't enjoy this win. It was too easy. Hard to get excited when they just curb stomp a team. Though I did enjoy the muffed punt. Gingers to the rescue. Otherwise, boring. I like it when the drama lasts the whole game. May not watch the next game, even though I'll be at the Clink.

SC

A

Anonymous

StoneCold":3njgsmea said:
I didn't enjoy this win. It was too easy. Hard to get excited when they just curb stomp a team. Though I did enjoy the muffed punt. Gingers to the rescue. Otherwise, boring. I like it when the drama lasts the whole game. May not watch the next game, even though I'll be at the Clink.

SC

It is! It is opposite day!

Did I mention our defense can't sack their way out of a wet paper bag?

Wait...

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Why pose the question that way? Is it really invalid if every single person here doesn't get in on some emotional group hug?

Also, could you imagine if the Seahawks themselves took this approach? As if they looked at this game with such complacency that they didn't go over the things that they can improve on in this last game regardless of the win?

They'd lose. You just don't act like that and expect to win.

ivotuk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2991ovtj said:
Why pose the question that way? Is it really invalid if every single person here doesn't get in on some emotional group hug?

Also, could you imagine if the Seahawks themselves took this approach? As if they looked at this game with such complacency that they didn't go over the things that they can improve on in this last game regardless of the win?

I don't think that is what he meant. It's the people who look for something to complain about. Like those that are bitching because Michael Bennett cracked a joke about Mark Sanchez.

There's always room for improvement, and there should always be room for those type of discussions on this forum. But the bitching, moaning, and whining really has no place here.

Nor does the "I'm too good for this" type of attitude of "I was bored with the game." If you're saying that, then you aren't appreciating the finer points of the game, or the chess match that is going on between coaches and players on the field. The Seahawks didn't just accidentally beat the Eagles, and the Eagles aren't some lower echelon team that was an easy out. We beat a good team, in their house, and it was done by game plan and 11 players working together as one unit.

But yes, there is room for improvement. Especially for players like Tharold Simon and Britt.

GreenNation

Reaction score
Eagles fan here.
Good game guys. I'm not gonna blame the refs like many have been as our offense couldnt move the ball at all. Sanchez looked like he was playing scared throughout the game. Your defense lived up to all the hype. Good luck the rest of the season guys :). Here's hoping for another rematch in the playoffs hopefully with Nick Foles.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
vin.couve12":6fnzn5ol said:

I dont imagine our team approaches the result of the game like us, because they are the team and we are not.

We are fans. While discussion of the game will happen, we do not have to focus or take it one game at a time, or whatever. We have no control over the teams preparation and how they will play (besides are vocals on gameday). Reveling in a victory, on the road, against a good opponent, in a much hyped game, where we completely dominated them, needs to be appreciated for at least the brief moment after the game.

Acceptable emoticons after a victory like this:

:thirishdrinkers: :3: :0190l: :179417: :D 8) :229031_cheers: :229031_thewave: :pimp:

Unnacceptable emoticons after a win like this:

:stirthepot: :3-1: :141847_bnono: :argue: :cussing: :RANT: :sulk: :thumbdown:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
ivotuk":1ikviiof said:
vin.couve12":1ikviiof said:

I don't think that is what he meant. It's the people who look for something to complain about. Like those that are bitching because Michael Bennett cracked a joke about Mark Sanchez.

There's always room for improvement, and there should always be room for those type of discussions on this forum. But the bitching, moaning, and whining really has no place here.

Nor does the "I'm too good for this" type of attitude of "I was bored with the game." If you're saying that, then you aren't appreciating the finer points of the game, or the chess match that is going on between coaches and players on the field. The Seahawks didn't just accidentally beat the Eagles, and the Eagles aren't some lower echelon team that was an easy out. We beat a good team, in their house, and it was done by game plan and 11 players working together as one unit.

But yes, there is room for improvement. Especially for players like Tharold Simon and Britt.

There are 6, maybe 7 more games to go if we only get a wildcard. I know the finer points of the game just fine.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
GreenNation":2yuhclie said:
Eagles fan here.
Good game guys. I'm not gonna blame the refs like many have been as our offense couldnt move the ball at all. Sanchez looked like he was playing scared throughout the game. Your defense lived up to all the hype. Good luck the rest of the season guys :). Here's hoping for another rematch in the playoffs hopefully with Nick Foles.
Appreciate the write up. Good luck to you guys. Everone was talking about your offense, very impressed with many of your defensive players, especially Fletcher Cox.

Latest posts